Don’t Leave Games Early

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure why anyone let's it bother them what other people are doing.

The true die hard fans stayed until the end and got their just rewards.

End of today's game was up there in the top 5 moments at Pride Park, the people who think getting home 20 minutes earlier wouldn't have appreciated it anyway. 

The noise when we were awarded the penalty was brilliant, like that bit in Steve Bloomer's Watching when it goes "...and hear that mighty roar" followed by the crowd noise, it might actually have been the loudest cheer I've heard from Derby fans since Stephen Pearson's winner at Wembley.

....but for some bloody reason I'm too bloody cycnical to have properly enjoyed it. All I was thinking was that, yeah it's great that we've temporarily moved into the playoffs but so what, even if we're there in a few games time we're still likely going to have beat one of the teams (Leeds/Villa) who've collectively got a 12-1 aggregate score against us from earlier matches either over 2 legs or in a one-off match, so what's the point in celebrating it?

I think the point of supportership (is that a word? Do I care if it is or not?) is lost on me, that said the only time I've ever left a game early is the Coventry beamback at PPS when we lost 6-1 and the whole thing was displayed on a single small screen in the middle of the pitch with a single camera recording from near the corner flag! Christ, we've seen some depressing things during our supportership.... still don't care. Drunk.

41 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I guess that doesn't happen at Royal Glyndebourne....what terribly beastly behaviour the rotters

I don’t even know where that is. If that’s an attempt to make out I’m posh or I don’t belong at a football match you need to get your facts straight.  

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don’t even know where that is. If that’s an attempt to make out I’m posh or I don’t belong at a football match you need to get your facts straight.  

Sorry, my point was that in my humble opinion you're being slightly unrealistic hoping that all of your fellow peers in the ground follow an exemplary level of etiquette and good manners......if you are hoping to mingle with such then you've got a far better chance going to see La Boheme or La Traviata every Saturday instead

I think this sort of thing is just one of those things that are hard to understand unless you're one of the people who have, what in their views, are perfectly rational reasons for leaving before the 90 minutes are up.

I've left before the final whistle maybe three times (and I mean with seconds to play when 3 or 4 nil down), so I find it hard to comprehend when there's a rush of people at 80 minutes to leave every week. However I know my Grandad goes on 85 every week and stands in the concourse because he's got a bit of a dodgy leg and doesn't like to be rushed down the steps and doesn't want to have to wait ten minutes after the final whistle before being able to leave, pretty sure that's quite common.

For those of us who live and breathe Derby it seems odd that there'd be folk willing to risk missing days like today purely for twenty or thirty minutes traffic, but people have different priorities, live and let live and don't get het up about it. You were there, be glad.

People who go to the toilet twice each half can **** off though.

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Sorry, my point was that in my humble opinion you're being slightly unrealistic hoping that all of your fellow peers in the ground follow an exemplary level of etiquette and good manners......if you are hoping to mingle with such then you've got a far better chance going to see La Boheme or La Traviata every Saturday instead

It would be a start if some of them didn't behave like scum.

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

The folks at La Bohéme are far worse.

10 minutes ago, KBB said:

My dad leaves early as he walks with a stick and can't move fast in crowds and finds it hard to keep his balance if rushed. 

Perfectly understandable. But I think most people are on about those that you can quite clearly see legging it down the stairs so they can get to the bar first or to make sure they are home in time to watch whatever is on the tellybox at that time of the day.

3 hours ago, dave126 said:

I leave early every single game. Normally on around 85mins, that's the difference between a 10 minute drive home or 1 hour. 9 times out of 10 I don't regret it. Today I did! But I'll still leave early next time aswel because I hate being sat in traffic. Don't let what other people are doing bother you. 

Why? Pathetic. Stay and support the team, so you get home 10 minutes later, get a grip.

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

Oh no I don’t expect that, but maybe if people can’t sit down without the afore mentioned coming and going they could go stand up in the south and stop making us all stand/sit/stand etc 

4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

To be fair, you’d be one of the few with a valid excuse to leave. I once left at half time against Bristol to get to work for 5 in Burton. We were 3-0 down at the time and we came back and drew 3-3!

It’s the thousands who leave to beat the traffic that I can’t be doing with.

There has been a couple of games where I have left with 10 seconds to go to beat the initial rush so I can get to work in decent time. I've told them that if they put me on at 5 then I will be late, so it's there own fault. 

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Why? Pathetic. Stay and support the team, so you get home 10 minutes later, get a grip.

Get a grip? Because my priorities are different to yours? I get home 50 minutes later and it is my own personal decision which has no effect on you whatsoever. As I said in my original post, don't let what others do bother you. Especially if their actions have absolutely no impact on you at all. 

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ever considered parking somewhere else, slightly further from the ground, to shorten your trip home? Or perhaps a post-match coffee nearby?

Mozza and me used to walk a mile from the BBG to where Dad parked the car (free!). The games were usually so good that we felt like we were walking on air. On the rare occasions that we had a disappointing result we could walk out our frustration!

Leave early? Never!

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

Don’t remind me of that user. I was thinking of slipping in a cheeky dm ?? to get the chemistry flowing until I found out it was a 70 year old hairy man who goes on random forums pretending to be a teacher and complains about  toilet breaks in an attempt to create a false reality,  even though ironically that person’s bowels are weak and they need the loo every ten minutes. Everyone needs a hobby I suppose.

Um.....more like a 20 year old. Possibly from the burton area.

I agree with the sentiment however some people have to leave early for various reasons. I have had to leave 10 minutes before the end on the odd occasion for various commitments. It's either that or no match. Also the difference in time leaving slightly early and getting back compared to at the end could be sometimes up to an hour. Sometimes the match day experience and the football just isn't fulfilling on the day (could be getting thrashed etc).

Nowadays, I would leave on full time or just before and jog back to the car. 

Archived