Don’t Leave Games Early

DarkFruitsRam7

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ever considered parking somewhere else, slightly further from the ground, to shorten your trip home? Or perhaps a post-match coffee nearby?

I thought about it, but I get free parking about 5 minutes from the ground. I occasionally get the bus from a local pub. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

People pay for a ticket and can go whenever, not sure why it’s such an annoyance for others.  This happens at any sporting event I’ve ever been to

I’ll tell you why it’s an annoyance, it’s because they make everyone stand up, which blocks the view for those behind. They even have the nerve to stop and watch half way down the steps if something exciting happens blocking the view for others 

3 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’ll tell you why it’s an annoyance, it’s because they make everyone stand up, which blocks the view for those behind. They even have the nerve to stop and watch half way down the steps if something exciting happens blocking the view for others 

That's just tough I'm afraid. Do. You get annoyed when people go to the toilet aswel? 

1 hour ago, dave126 said:

I leave early every single game. Normally on around 85mins, that's the difference between a 10 minute drive home or 1 hour. 9 times out of 10 I don't regret it. Today I did! But I'll still leave early next time aswel because I hate being sat in traffic. Don't let what other people are doing bother you. 

So I presume you don't live that far away if you can drive it in 10 minutes?

I can also drive home in 10 minutes with no traffic, but I know for a fact that I rather spend an hour in the car than miss an end to the game like today and the atmosphere that came with it.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

So I presume you don't live that far away if you can drive it in 10 minutes?

I can also drive home in 10 minutes with no traffic, but I know for a fact that I rather spend an hour in the car than miss an end to the game like today and the atmosphere that came with it.

Each to their own I suppose. Granted, today I was absolutely gutted. But over a season it makes so much more sense to me to miss the last 5 mins to avoid an hours drive. 

20 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I guess that doesn't happen at Royal Glyndebourne....what terribly beastly behaviour the rotters

20 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

People are up and down all match, it’s football what do you expect?  

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I say it time and time again. You wouldn’t leave ten minutes before the end of a film would you? Can’t stand the sight of people streaming down the stairs when we’re still fighting. 

Today was absolutely glorious.

I nearly started a thread like this. Absolutely right! 

59 minutes ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

People pay for a ticket and can go whenever, not sure why it’s such an annoyance for others.  This happens at any sporting event I’ve ever been to

It matters because we're not customers or spectators. We're fans. We're one with the team. And in those final few minutes the team really needed us.

Do the fans stay and spur the team on to one last glorious effort to try to achieve victory? Or do they stream out into the concourses, sapping the atmosphere, deflating the players on the pitch? 

Just now, Mark of Ayrshire said:

People are up and down all match, it’s football what do you expect?  

To be able to watch the match. There’s people who come in late, leave before half time to go to the bar, come back late and then leave early at the end. They also may throw in the odd toilet break too. Don’t tell me I’m exaggerating because I’m not! 

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

To be able to watch the match. There’s people who come in late, leave before half time to go to the bar, come back late and then leave early at the end. They also may throw in the odd toilet break too. Don’t tell me I’m exaggerating because I’m not! 

So you expect to go any match without any of this?  Aye ok good luck with that

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I nearly started a thread like this. Absolutely right! 

It matters because we're not customers or spectators. We're fans. We're one with the team. And in those final few minutes the team really needed us.

Do the fans stay and spur the team on to one last glorious effort to try to achieve victory? Or do they stream out into the concourses, sapping the atmosphere, deflating the players on the pitch? 

I’m not a fan as such and also understand the various reasons people leave early.  Doesn’t make them less of fans

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

You're not a teacher, are you?

Don’t remind me of that user. I was thinking of slipping in a cheeky dm ?? to get the chemistry flowing until I found out it was a 70 year old hairy man who goes on random forums pretending to be a teacher and complains about  toilet breaks in an attempt to create a false reality,  even though ironically that person’s bowels are weak and they need the loo every ten minutes. Everyone needs a hobby I suppose.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don’t remind me of that user. I was thinking of slipping in a cheeky dm ?? to get the chemistry flowing until I found out it was a 70 year old hairy man who goes on random forums pretending to be a teacher and complains about  toilet breaks in an attempt to create a false reality,  even though ironically that person’s bowels are weak and they need the loo every ten minutes. Everyone needs a hobby I suppose.

Alright, alright,, no need to expose @sage like that while he's not here to defend himself, you cretin.

Not sure why anyone let's it bother them what other people are doing.

The true die hard fans stayed until the end and got their just rewards.

End of today's game was up there in the top 5 moments at Pride Park, the people who think getting home 20 minutes earlier wouldn't have appreciated it anyway. 

Archived