Don’t Leave Games Early

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Fewer people left than usual. This was perhaps to do with the announcement that there would be 9 minutes added on and the subsequent roar of encouragement. Wilson said after the game that the fans played a big part (typical post-match interview fare, I know, but there's truth in it no doubt).

Even then, does it normally have a negative effect? I don't ever see us dropping to bits at 90 mins. Bit of a myth in my opinion. 

We've got the 5th best home form in the league, 43 points out of a possible 66 with 12 wins, 7 draws and 3 losses. (Joint fewest losses in the league). Norwich and Sheff United currently have 46 points out of a possible 66 so we're one win away from automatic promotion form at home. 

If anything, people leaving early has a positive effect to the teams results with the look of it! 

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Do you not think 1000s of fans leaving the game with over 10 mins left to play has a negative impact on the players? I doubt there's than many who have work commitments

@Big Bad Bob beat me to it. Do you think the problem of supporters leaving early is singular to our club?

31 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Frankie doesn't seem to be bothered by people leaving early. Says his dad  does it every game.

I’d read that, Frank senior likes to go early to beat rush and get on the M1. Long way to London says Frank.

Just imagine if everyone thought the same at Old Trafford ?

Sith Happens
Just now, David said:

They were streaming down to the concourses on 30 minutes, either the cider is that good or they only had one cubicle with a bog roll in.

I would say ask @BurtonRam7 but then again, perhaps not ?

I think their crowd yesterday had a lot of 'extras' who had just been attracted by the 'big match' billing and they were probably the ones leaving.  I felt their build up did their team no favours really as it put a lot of pressure on the players.

There was very little in the way of end of season interaction between Bristol players and fans with no parade like we usually do.

To be fair, it's only a real hardcore who stay behind to watch that, even with us.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think their crowd yesterday had a lot of 'extras' who had just been attracted by the 'big match' billing and they were probably the ones leaving.  I felt their build up did their team no favours really as it put a lot of pressure on the players.

There was very little in the way of end of season interaction between Bristol players and fans with no parade like we usually do.

To be fair, it's only a real hardcore who stay behind to watch that, even with us.

We used to, until it became a thing for a pitch invasion to celebrate finishing 17th or whatever. Thankfully we seem to have got that out our system now.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

It depends on how the season ends I suppose success will be celebrated.

We have to play each match by ear as my son is autistic and sometimes his limits are reached and we leave 10 minutes early to beat the crowds, if we dont leave early then we wait until the majority of people have left and then make our way out afterwards ... 

We deliberately got seasons tickets at the end of a row so we didn't disturb people if he needs the toilet (hes 7!) Kids cant always hold it as well as adults can....and the only way he copes with getting a snack or drink for half time is to go before the crowds do otherwise he has a meltdown due to having too much going on.... 

Honestly, if you have an issue with people standing  and blocking your view then pay the extra to be in the premium seating that way you wont get it as much....... 

Never left a game early myself but fully appreciate that there are any number of reasons why folk might need to do so. I tend to do the opposite and hang around, same as when boarding a plane. Let the rush die down a tad. 

The only thing that annoys me when folk do is when they then stop to carry on watching the game while blocking loads of peoples' view. If you're leaving early, fair enough just get on with it and don't spoil other folks' enjoyment in doing so. That's a tad thoughtless IMO.

Anyway, Derby support has been epic these last few games, home and away, so I'd rather focus on that if truth be told. Long may it last.

COYR

On 28/04/2019 at 11:00, minesahartington said:

Will be interesting if we draw at Swansea but then lose to the baggies. How many will stay to the end then and applaud the lap of honour?

In that scenario, I will probably be last out... I'll need to wait for my trousers to dry off!  

Archived