Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable

14 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Performances and results this season say we won’t make them, blind optimism does.

With Mason Mount coming back in and looking like the wonderkid we were hoping for, doesn't that give you a glimmer of hope?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, David said:

Forget blind optimism, all results and performances say is what has happened, not what will happen. 

I see no reason to have a defeatist attitude, especially in a league which is unpredictable at the best of times, it’s just 5 games. 

That’s fine Dave. I see no reason to see why we’ll turn it on after throwing the towel in on Tuesday night (again). 

Each to their own. Bit of balance doesn’t hurt after all? This forum craves for it but really it’s full of people unable to accept it. 

Hope we make the play offs. 

Nice win, Bolton woeful, nice little triangles and 1-2s, onto Brum, let’s get winning away, desperate for a win away from home 

13 minutes ago, valleyram said:

No mate i still don’t think he’s getting played where he should be but the abuse he gets on here from Supporters is disgraceful , he didn’t have good game midweek but he wasn’t alone but him And keogh seem to be the scapegoats at every bad result derby have , i would say lampard knows a midfield player and he keeps picking him 

Abuse? Give over 

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

That’s fine Dave. I see no reason to see why we’ll turn it on after throwing the towel in on Tuesday night (again). 

Each to their own. Bit of balance doesn’t hurt after all? This forum craves for it but really it’s full of people unable to accept it. 

Totally agree with this!

I think the mood was good after the Brentford game, even having thrown away two points. We were unbeaten in five at that stage.

I think had we played well and lost to Blackburn, the mood wouldn’t be so despondent. But the manner of the performance was a body blow.

At this stage of the season, we just want to see a bit of fight, a bit of hunger, a bit of desire, whatever the outcome.

Friday will be interesting. Which Derby will we get?

8 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

With Mason Mount coming back in and looking like the wonderkid we were hoping for, doesn't that give you a glimmer of hope?

A glimmer. But then I remember the other half of his games here (Tuesday night included) where he’s been part of a pedestrian team that’s sailed to defeat.

I really hope he does carry this form on until the end of the season. He is the difference between us being average and good. The big games so far show that he’s not upto it and goes missing though so.. I’m not expecting it. All fingers and toes crossed though. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Appreciate your side of the story. His first effort was embarrassing. His second really shouldn’t have gone in but thank god it did. It won us the game because it opened Bolton up. 

What Im not having us people coming on here telling us told you so when he’s been under par all year. (Politely putting it). 

Not the fairy tale ending we’ve all hoped for but it is what it is. Don’t see the need to lie.

If you argued he'd not had a good season, I'd have no quibble.

I'll be sad to see him go, but I recognize time and tide wait for no man, and it's probably the time to go our separate ways.

But he wasn't poo today, which was my point.

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I hate reading posts saying they trying to bring a bit of balance, I’m not bothered about balance at all to be honest nor does the forum crave it, I would rather people just voiced their honest opinions and if that falls on the positive or negative side then so be it. Wouldn’t you prefer that, rather than trying to throw negativity out just to balance it out?

Not saying that’s what you’re doing now, just I’ve seen it, even people admit to it and it grinds my gears no end.

I’m just amazed how quick people are to write us off whilst looking on all gooey eyed at the opposition, yes Tuesday was bad but that’s happened, do you not think Bristol City have dropped points?

1 win in their last 5 at home, points dropped against teams at the bottom, just like us. 

v WBA 3-2, v Wigan 2-2, v Ipswich 1-1, v Leeds 0-1, v Birmingham 1-2

None of that will matter, nor will our away form when we turn up at Ashton Gate, all that will matter is the 90 minutes on the day.

False hope, blind optimism, happy clapping, it’s nothing like that at all, realistically we have a chance whether you think we can do it or not, and whilst there’s a chance you can hardly blame people for being positive when in a few weeks it will all be over and left twiddling our thumbs wondering what to do with our Saturdays.

Now give us a smile, you know you want to!

I confess that in the first 30 minutes I thought .. where is the hunger, the cutting edge, the killer instinct. We really were a bit flat and dare I say it lazy. You could say that was patience and not wanting to be too gung ho in a critical game, i’m Not sure which maybe sums up this team. Anyway 2 goals before the break including a beautifully worked second with Mount and Waghorn exchanging a delightful give and go and we went in feeling comfortable. 

Ran the second half as Bolton capitulated, could have been 6 - 0. Happy days. Goal difference improved, Bristol slipping up. It’s gong to be tough but game on !

Bogle getting better game by game particularly his defensive judgement. In fact all the back four looked unruffled and in control.

Mount ..regardless of his other abilities is the one player who consistently moves in to the right space. MOTM well desreved

Waghorn . Great linking and a real danger. His touch on a couple of occasions was paerfection. Killed a ball dead, the same can’t be said for Harry Wilson, he was really off it today, poor passes, poor touch and he was lacking courage in going in for challenges. He is gifted and we all love his left foot but this wasn’t his best game.

Great result, well done everyone but if the dream is to kept alive this was simply the bread and butter. If we want a full roast dinner then we need a run and we need to win away. 

COYR

PS .. what’s up with baby Duane ? Any ITK ? 

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If you argued he'd not had a good season, I'd have no quibble.

I'll be sad to see him go, but I recognize time and tide wait for no man, and it's probably the time to go our separate ways.

But he wasn't poo today, which was my point.

Fair doo’s Revel. No prob with your view. I disagree but that’s what it’s all about. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

I hate reading posts saying they trying to bring a bit of balance, I’m not bothered about balance at all to be honest nor does the forum crave it, I would rather people just voiced their honest opinions and if that falls on the positive or negative side then so be it. Wouldn’t you prefer that, rather than trying to throw negativity out just to balance it out?

Not saying that’s what you’re doing now, just I’ve seen it, even people admit to it and it grinds my gears no end.

I’m just amazed how quick people are to write us off whilst looking on all gooey eyed at the opposition, yes Tuesday was bad but that’s happened, do you not think Bristol City have dropped points?

1 win in their last 5 at home, points dropped against teams at the bottom, just like us. 

v WBA 3-2, v Wigan 2-2, v Ipswich 1-1, v Leeds 0-1, v Birmingham 1-2

None of that will matter, nor will our away form when we turn up at Ashton Gate, all that will matter is the 90 minutes on the day.

False hope, blind optimism, happy clapping, it’s nothing like that at all, realistically we have a chance whether you think we can do it or not, and whilst there’s a chance you can hardly blame people for being positive when in a few weeks it will all be over and left twiddling our thumbs wondering what to do with our Saturdays.

Now give us a smile, you know you want to!

Battery’s going. Will reply later. ?

23 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Appreciate your side of the story. His first effort was embarrassing. His second really shouldn’t have gone in but thank god it did. It won us the game because it opened Bolton up. 

What Im not having us people coming on here telling us told you so when he’s been under par all year. (Politely putting it). 

Not the fairy tale ending we’ve all hoped for but it is what it is. Don’t see the need to lie.

I wouldn't say he has...he's just not been played to his strengths up to now.

56 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If you'd take a draw at Bristol then you had better hope they mess up again in one of their other fixtures otherwise it won't matter if we win every other fixture. 3 of our last 5 fixtures are away though (one of those being Bristol) and we haven't won one of those in the league since December last year when we beat Norwich.

They are good but I think they will drop atleast 2 points from their other possible 12 and then it will go down to GD/goal scored with us scoring 2 more than them so far. TBH I think it is unlikely we will get enough points but I still have some hope.

17 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Each to their own. Bit of balance doesn’t hurt after all? This forum craves for it but really it’s full of people unable to accept it. who do not share my opinion.

FTFY

I think the Brum game will be the big one, it won't be an easy game for us but if we can win that it should give us the impetus for the final push in the last games. Nothing would surprise me with this team , we could loose every game or win every game and then win the play offs ,hopefully we can atleast take it down to the last few games. We definately have the quality as shown against Man U , West Brom and first half against Boro  away, it 's just the mentality and the decision making when things are going against us that seems to be the weakness.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Forget blind optimism, all results and performances say is what has happened, not what will happen. 

I see no reason to have a defeatist attitude, especially in a league which is unpredictable at the best of times, it’s just 5 games. 

If we go back to the start of the season we would have taken where we are now based on high number of fans saying this would be a season of transition. If you look at the teams above us they have either spent more money than us (West Brom, Villa), have managers who have been through their own transition of bringing their own identity to their teams  (Norwich & Bristol City)  and managers who have promotion nous with teams with decent squads(Middlesbrough and Sheffield United). If we could take a step back and think we have a rookie manager that has a had to cut its cloth to adhere to financial regulations, blooding academy youngsters and trying (but not always succeeding) to play decent football following a majority of supporters criticising the playing style from the prior seasons  then we should at least acknowledge that this  has been a decent season so far. I get the frustration with team selections, formations and tactics  at times but we haven’t got the luxury of having the best squad in the championship and if a few poor results occur in the short term to build a longer term plan for the club we should  at least try to be supportive of that. The communications coming out of recent forums tell us we are not going to be splashing cash around like some other teams will and in my mind that means we have to take the  Norwich and Bristol City approach and build a longer term philosophy. There are echos of this happening in the past (BC’s first and second season) and it working. On my part I’m going to look forward to the next five games and if we don’t get in the play offs but build some momentum that will be alright with me.

51 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Let’s be honest, Bryson was poo up until that goal. I like the guy and appreciate what he’s done over his time here but he was crap. 

Decent goal, although if that was Roos or Carson letting that in let’s not pretend we’d be hammering them. He’s an easy release this year, he’s done. 

I disagree. I'd already said Bryson was playing much better than Tuesday before he scored. He played well when he came on at Brentford, poorly on Tuesday, then well again today.

Like our team, a bit inconsistent at the moment but @valleyram, I  don't think any of us think he's not a good player. 

50 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

No problem Paul, we all see things differently after all. 

I thought he was 5 secs too late to every challenge and the ball pinged off him at every opportunity. I don’t think watching it back will change that stance but I’ll give it a go. 

5 Seconds? 5 Seconds is 25-30 yards at that pace Even my 57 year old body wouldn't be 5 seconds late LOL.

Archived