Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable

2 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah the automatics are probably a bit beyond us regardless of what happens Friday, but should be good for a play off place.

Beat around the bush as you want D, can’t hide from how we’ve performed this season. 

I’m as optimistic as any but let’s be reyt.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Let’s be honest, Bryson was poo up until that goal. I like the guy and appreciate what he’s done over his time here but he was crap. 

Decent goal, although if that was Roos or Carson letting that in let’s not pretend we’d be hammering them. He’s an easy release this year, he’s done. 

I don't agree I thought he had a decent game today and was far from poo before the goal.

1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

I've just been to there forum, I though we had some moaners but it's wall to wall misery over there. This comment smacks of desperation "Billy, Billy Davis take Forest up for me!"

I like the quote from the bloke who said it was so bad he left at half time and had to queue to get out.

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Beat around the bush as you want D, can’t hide from how we’ve performed this season. 

I’m as optimistic as any but let’s be reyt.

I’m not. But I look at the table, remaining fixtures, win 5 games, we’re in. Doesn’t matter what anyone else does.

Can we? Yes

Will we? Who knows. I’m feeling confident though. 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

I don't agree I thought he had a decent game today and was far from poo before the goal.

No problem Paul, we all see things differently after all. 

I thought he was 5 secs too late to every challenge and the ball pinged off him at every opportunity. I don’t think watching it back will change that stance but I’ll give it a go. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

I’m not. But I look at the table, remaining fixtures, win 5 games, we’re in. Doesn’t matter what anyone else does.

Can we? Yes

Will we? Who knows. I’m feeling confident though. 

Sweet, you feel confident, I don’t. 

Performances and results this season say we won’t make them, blind optimism does.

We both hope we do, everyone’s a winner. 

Much better last 65 minutes, first goal game from the first spell of constant pressing instead of passing it around defence, could of had more second half.

Roos 7 nice easy day for the lad

bogle 7 growing every game 

Keogh 8 solid against 2 very tall strikers

Tomori 8 same as Keogh

Cole 7 brilliant ball too Mount 

Johnson 7 very solid today passing better aswell 

Mount 9 Young Frank 

Bryson 8 much much better 

Wilson 7 always a threat when he gets on the ball

Waghorn 8 some really good striking play from Waggers held it up well touch was much better aswell.

Lawrence 7 lad needs a goal 

can we finally get back to winning back to back games next Friday?

Sith Happens

I thought he was 5 secs too late to every challenge and the ball pinged off him at every opportunity. I don’t think watching it back will change that stance but I’ll give it a go. 

It is about Opinions yes, look at Keogh for example, I dare bet there is still those who can pick fault with him today and i thought he had a great game. Also Cole, he's getting some right stick from one poster over in the Malone thread, no doubt he can find reasons to slate Cole today but also thought he did well.

Let’s be honest, Bryson was poo up until that goal. I like the guy and appreciate what he’s done over his time here but he was crap. 

Decent goal, although if that was Roos or Carson letting that in let’s not pretend we’d be hammering them. He’s an easy release this year, he’s done. 

He wasn't poo.

He came back to receive the ball when others were marked, playing it simple, then made the runs forward of the frontline when they were occupied, from which we fashioned 2 chances in the first half alone, one spurned and one taken.

FWIW, I'd expect he'll move on come season's end, but today demonstrated just what he can bring to the side, if it's the right game. 

He still has that double-engined quality, but we no longer play a system that suits him more often than we don't.

Was always going to be a game today that suited midfield runners than the centre forwards, that's why our goals came from that position rather than up top.

The trouble is that it’d be typical Derby for us to go to Birmingham on Friday, play like our heads are in Miami, lose 1-0 and seal our fate.

12 points from a possible 36 and just 3 wins away from home since mid-November. Only six away wins in the league all season long, when a promotion chasing side ideally would want between 10-12. Only one away win since after Christmas. Will those big performances against Norwich, WBA and  Boro all count for nothing?

I guess we’ll really see what we are made of on Friday. Are we hungry like coyotes? Or are we on Miami Beach?

I really hope we back up today’s win and just go out on our shield, not with a whimper.

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

He made a great run prior to his goal that was reminiscent of vintage Bryson where Waggy laid it off and the keeper saved it. He should have scored but it was really good to see him running in behind the striker (and for his goal). I don’t think he haas ever been a great on the ball player but when you have your striker playing like Waghorn did today then Bryson can be very effective. He got in the right positions today and could have had a hatrick as well as mount. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that.  I felt at 30 mins that once we get one, the floodgates will open.  Wasn't quite a flood in the end, although it could be argued we had enough chances.  Waggers was particularly unlucky, seemingly "doing everything right", and bringing two excellent saves from their keeper.

I'm not one for closely  studying players, and singling people out, but after a promising start to the season, then a mid season dip, I'm sure Bogle is getting better and better each time I watch him.  His first half in particular caught my eye, and I had him earmarked for MotM by the turnaround, but that has to go to our latest hat-trick hero... it's only fair!

An all round excellent team performance, in the mould of the last home game, and admittedly against an equally poor opponent, but hey, there was a job to do, and they did it well.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

The trouble is that it’d be typical Derby for us to go to Birmingham on Friday, play like our heads are in Miami, lose 1-0 and seal our fate.

12 points from a possible 36 and just 3 wins away from home since mid-November. Only six away wins in the league all season long, when a promotion chasing side ideally would want between 10-12. Only one away win since after Christmas. Will those big performances against Norwich, WBA and  Boro all count for nothing?

I guess we’ll really see what we are made of on Friday. Are we hungry like coyotes? Or are we on Miami Beach?

I really hope we back up today’s win and just go out on our shield, not with a whimper.

Thats not the way to talk about of course we can freaking get into the play offs and of course we can win birmhaming city on friday stop being nagtive.

22 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hey, not all of us ?

No mate i still don’t think he’s getting played where he should be but the abuse he gets on here from Supporters is disgraceful , he didn’t have good game midweek but he wasn’t alone but him And keogh seem to be the scapegoats at every bad result derby have , i would say lampard knows a midfield player and he keeps picking him 

5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Sweet, you feel confident, I don’t. 

Performances and results this season say we won’t make them, blind optimism does.

We both hope we do, everyone’s a winner. 

Forget blind optimism, all results and performances say is what has happened, not what will happen. 

I see no reason to have a defeatist attitude, especially in a league which is unpredictable at the best of times, it’s just 5 games. 

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He wasn't poo.

He came back to receive the ball when others were marked, playing it simple, then made the runs forward of the frontline when they were occupied, from which we fashioned 2 chances in the first half alone, one spurned and one taken.

FWIW, I'd expect he'll move on come season's end, but today demonstrated just what he can bring to the side, if it's the right game. 

He still has that double-engined quality, but we no longer play a system that suits him more often than we don't.

Was always going to be a game today that suited midfield runners than the centre forwards, that's why our goals came from that position rather than up top.

Appreciate your side of the story. His first effort was embarrassing. His second really shouldn’t have gone in but thank god it did. It won us the game because it opened Bolton up. 

What Im not having us people coming on here telling us told you so when he’s been under par all year. (Politely putting it). 

Not the fairy tale ending we’ve all hoped for but it is what it is. Don’t see the need to lie.

One player who seems to be coming into form at the right time - Mason Mount.

4 goals in 4 games and having the kind of influence we have been crying out for from midfield.

Let’s hope he can kick on and make the difference in those big away games now.

A double versus Birmingham, please.

Win the next two and I think the grumpy ones like me will be hopping around like kangaroos. 

Archived