The Increase in Racism

Srg

England have confirmed that they will conform with protocols but if the abuse gets to excessive they will also consider walking off.

Playing in empty stadiums is a deterrent that does not work, and the players have decided that they will force the authorities hands for stronger penalties by taking this action. They had to announce it if advance, yes they may be winning but they also may be losing, that is irrelevant though, they are collectively saying we won’t tolerate this abuse, do it and we are off.

Should it happen, no excuses, you have been warned, over to you now UEFA.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, maxjam said:

Applaud the sentiments but what about the 99% of fans that aren't making racist chants etc, especially England fans in this case that have travelled a long way?  It also opens the door for less scrupulous fans/teams to call a game off when the result isn't what they want!

I personally think matches should be played to conclusion as people have paid and travelled to see a match, fine clubs/countries heavily (not the pathetic fines they get presently) and reinvest it in better crowd surveillance and policing to target the idiots. 

Have been thinking about this and have come to the conclusion that it needs some drastic action to stop the racists. If 99% of fans suffer then hopefully they'll turn on the ones causing the problem.

History tells us the only way to stop racism is to actively oppose it. Appeasement never works.

England players' plan to leave the pitch if they are racially abused during Monday's Euro 2020 qualifier in Sofia has been called "offensive" by Bulgaria's Football Union.

The game will be played in a partially closed stadium following Bulgaria fans' racist behaviour at games in June.

Full story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50004603

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Paul71 said:

The Origi banner. Racist or not,  its weird, why would you? Some weird folk about 

My mate who I have racist back and forth jokes with between ourselves surprised me by saying it is a bit racist. Usually he says most stuff (like the Silva Mendy thing) is pathetic and undermining. 

He said if you let this go then what's next? A black guy working the fields? I disagreed and then he said well what if it was England v Nigeria and the Nigerians had a banner of spotty white blokes with fat bellies and bad teeth?

I thought, he might have a point actually. 

Then my Asian mate said would it be ok to have a Muslim player with a suicide vest?

I'm not sure that black people are offended by being stereotypically strong, well hung and athletic. There's also a big gap between the Origi banner and Origi working the fields banner

But anyway, first time he's not ranted about the easily offended and actually was a bit, a tiny bit, offended

The funny thing is that he's hung like a horse and takes any opportunity to show it off!! 

14 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Because they are horrible..?? Kind you what do you expect when they support a team that openly supported a player that had made racist remarks.? 

It's a little harsh to castigate all of the, otherwise, good and decent Liverpool fans for the actions of 1 or 2 individuals

Surely I can’t be reading this right?! The Leeds United that have never ever done anything wrong?! The Leeds United that would never employ the type of players to disgrace themselves in the way bennett and Lawrence did representing us?! Nah, can’t be true. A Leeds player being a bamford?

58 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Surely I can’t be reading this right?! The Leeds United that have never ever done anything wrong?! The Leeds United that would never employ the type of players to disgrace themselves in the way bennett and Lawrence did representing us?! Nah, can’t be true. A Leeds player being a bamford?

I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with.....D

Leeds fans disappearing up their own arses.

6 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I wouldnt sack him if I was leeds

He has been good this season

Of course you would hope that the decision to sack somebody would not be based on their value to the team. But you are probably right it will be a factor. Thank god we as a club wouldnt do that...oh erm..........

7 hours ago, JfR said:

Sounds like the EFL taking a hard stance on Casilla if the Daily Mail have their facts right (big 'if,' I know).
Just to correct the Tweet though, it's 8 to 12 games, not weeks.

Worrying news. Now they will have a goalie who might actually be good.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Of course you would hope that the decision to sack somebody would not be based on their value to the team. But you are probably right it will be a factor. Thank god we as a club wouldnt do that...oh erm..........

It's life 

Success matters more than morals 

Archived