The Increase in Racism

Srg

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

It's life 

Success matters more than morals 

I am fairly sure though no one else has been sacked for racist comments, so i cant see it happening here.

Leeds fans will cry about it being a conspiracy though.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It is clear that the tweet was intended to be no more than a joke between close friends.

However, this was not a private communication between two friends."

So in summary, the tweet was not racist, had no racist intent and if it had not been seen by other people it would have been ok.

What an absolute disgrace the FA are.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Van De Squid said:

It looks like the guy is going to lose his job, with his employer issuing a statement. I can't imagine many others will be willing to take him on either way. You've got to be a special kind of person to be that way incline, so no sympathy from me, but hopefully this will force other people to change their behavour at games. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It looks like the guy is going to lose his job, with his employer issuing a statement. I can't imagine many others will be willing to take him on either way. You've got to be a special kind of person to be that way incline, so no sympathy from me, but hopefully this will force other people to change their behavour at games. 

Its incredible isnt it, one moment of madness and potentially his life has he knows it changes.

I am in too minds how we deal with this. Certainly he needs banning, and if any of the responses from him online are real then he is showing little remorse.

But for people to have posted pictures of his wife/gf and baby is just not right in my opinion. I know he has bought it in himself but but its his family i feel sorry for now, probably losing his job.

I think i must be getting soft in my old age. I am always an advocate of harsh punishment, but perhaps its the time of year that makes me think we as the public shouldnt go after someone in such a frenzied manner, clearly he needs punishing and severely, not sure his family need their lives destroying though.

https://twitter.com/Anirbannnnnnn/status/1203578310350950401/photo/1

Well thats Man City struggling to make the top 4 then ?

I don't blame the stewards for not seeing the incident, it was over in a flash - almost as though he thought better of it as he was doing it.  That said there has to be consequences... For a first offence a 5 year ban and made to attend a racism course for me.  A lifetime ban voids any chance of redemption - if we can let murderers and terrorists back onto our streets I'm sure we can let this guy back into a stadium in the future.

Pictures of his family should be removed from twitter and the people posting them banned for a period.  As for losing his job, thats harsh imo - it could destroy his and his families life, but I guess its part and parcel of the world we live in. 

41 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its incredible isnt it, one moment of madness and potentially his life has he knows it changes.

I am in too minds how we deal with this. Certainly he needs banning, and if any of the responses from him online are real then he is showing little remorse.

But for people to have posted pictures of his wife/gf and baby is just not right in my opinion. I know he has bought it in himself but but its his family i feel sorry for now, probably losing his job.

I think i must be getting soft in my old age. I am always an advocate of harsh punishment, but perhaps its the time of year that makes me think we as the public shouldnt go after someone in such a frenzied manner, clearly he needs punishing and severely, not sure his family need their lives destroying though.

Bang on the money Paul. It’s a very sensitive issue to deal with. We all want racism to be kicked out, but similarly, a person’s life or more importantly their family shouldn’t be completely ruined to the point of no return for a moment of madness, an act, I completely condemn. Maybe I’m going soft but rather than his name and his family being plasted over social media and humiliated , the individual who found his details should have handed it immediately to the police and Man City as a club and let them deal with it instead of his family being humiliated(and will inevitably get death threats). I’m gutted for his family, it makes me uncomfortable people going after them as you put it in a frenzied way.

23 hours ago, maxjam said:

https://twitter.com/Anirbannnnnnn/status/1203578310350950401/photo/1

Well thats Man City struggling to make the top 4 then ?

I don't blame the stewards for not seeing the incident, it was over in a flash - almost as though he thought better of it as he was doing it.  That said there has to be consequences... For a first offence a 5 year ban and made to attend a racism course for me.  A lifetime ban voids any chance of redemption - if we can let murderers and terrorists back onto our streets I'm sure we can let this guy back into a stadium in the future.

Pictures of his family should be removed from twitter and the people posting them banned for a period.  As for losing his job, thats harsh imo - it could destroy his and his families life, but I guess its part and parcel of the world we live in. 

I agree with all this except the point about lifetime bans.

When dealing with murderers and the streets its a discussion about giving them a chance to live their life after punishment, while ideally giving back to society.

I don't think the same logic should be applied to football fans and stadium bans. Attending football isn't a right, and his potential 'redemption' doesn't really mean anything. His 'redemption' would be that he'd remain racist but have better control over himself at football matches. Just being a racist should have consequences, and a lifetime ban from stadiums - to be kept away from a large diverse group (both on and off the field) seems a fair one.

He'll just have to find other ways to watch football.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I agree with all this except the point about lifetime bans.

When dealing with murderers and the streets its a discussion about giving them a chance to live their life after punishment, while ideally giving back to society.

I don't think the same logic should be applied to football fans and stadium bans. Attending football isn't a right, and his potential 'redemption' doesn't really mean anything. His 'redemption' would be that he'd remain racist but have better control over himself at football matches. Just being a racist should have consequences, and a lifetime ban from stadiums - to be kept away from a large diverse group (both on and off the field) seems a fair one.

He'll just have to find other ways to watch football.

What about drivers that kill people?  After they serve their punishment they are allowed back on the roads again.  

I'm not trying to make light of racism but a lifetime ban for a first offence is harsh imo, offering the offender the chance to learn and grow as a person should be what we strive for in society imo - not cast them out forever.

Archived