The Increase in Racism

Srg

Charging Silva for those comments actually undermines what Kick It Out are trying to achieve. Racism needs intent behind it. If this was a case of work place bullying, I would be the first to want Silva suspended for a long time. It just isn't though. It's a charge that actually makes a mockery out of the entire thing.  

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really disappointed to see Silva charged over this by the busybody FA officials who will inevitably use this as evidence they are combatting racism.  Mendy and Silva have been very close friends since they were at Monaco, and are like brothers. It’s just banter between the two , Mendy always takes the mick out of his colour like when he said it took 5 minutes to find himself in a photo.

On 04/10/2019 at 16:56, Alpha said:

It's pathetic

If I was Mendy I'd be fuming. What is wrong with looking like black animated character. Silva wouldn't be in any trouble if the character was inspector gadget. 

Kick It Out are racist. 

Very controversial view.

But sadly also very true.

I'd just like to point out that I've heard John Barnes discuss issues of race a couple of times in lengthy interviews, and I think he's brilliant - thoughtful and articulate, sensible, realistic, the perfect attitude from somebody who has no doubt himself been subject to some racism in his life,  but hasn't  just become some reactionary moralising dhead.

If the FA or the kick it out campaign appointed him as some sort of consultant they'd be taking a huge step forward.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

I'd just like to point out that I've heard John Barnes discuss issues of race a couple of times in lengthy interviews, and I think he's brilliant - thoughtful and articulate, sensible, realistic, the perfect attitude from somebody who has no doubt himself been subject to some racism in his life,  but hasn't  just become some reactionary moralising dhead.

If the FA or the kick it out campaign appointed him as some sort of consultant they'd be taking a huge step forward.

He used to get a lot of racist abuse too so you could maybe understand if he overreacted to things. 

Kick It Out want Silva on an education course. Ironic

3 hours ago, GadFly said:

How come the FA will ban you for tweeting that your friend looks like an animated character, but not for drink driving? 

Dunno but they also don't review you stamping on another person's head if the ref saw it but they discipline you for questioning a ref decision on twitter

Oh, but you can scream swear words in their faces. 

It's a gentleman sport.... online

40 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

What's this chant the Villa fans were on with then? Piece on the BBC reckons it was racist and about Makamba (black lad, never heard of him) and....John McGinn?? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49962935

It's clearly not as bad as racially abusing someone with the intent to hurt them, but singing a song about a black man having a white master is, at worst, racist, at best tone deaf. I wouldn't issue a banning order but would send them on an education course as to why that's just not acceptable anymore.

I'd be interested in hearing what the player himself thinks of it. 

13 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It's clearly not as bad as racially abusing someone with the intent to hurt them, but singing a song about a black man having a white master is, at worst, racist, at best tone deaf. I wouldn't issue a banning order but would send them on an education course as to why that's just not acceptable anymore.

I'd be interested in hearing what the player himself thinks of it. 

I haven't heard it. Struck me as odd having a white bloke involved. I think I get it from what you've said...stupid if so. And yup, racist.

Glad to see the England players are prepared to make the call if they get racist abuse in the Czech Republic or Bulgaria this weekend and not just leave it to Uefa officials.

From the BBC website....https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49980927

Uefa's three-step protocol for racial abuse ends with the officials abandoning a match if announcements inside a stadium do not stop the problem.

"We did speak about that [the protocol]," Abraham said. "Harry Kane did ask the question about instead of going through the three steps, if we decide that we want to stop the game - no matter what the score is - if we're not happy with it, as a team we'll decide whether or not to stay on the pitch.

"If it happens and let's say there's a warning or whatever in the stadium, then it happens again, we have to make a decision as a team and with the staff."

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Glad to see the England players are prepared to make the call if they get racist abuse in the Czech Republic or Bulgaria this weekend and not just leave it to Uefa officials.

Uefa's three-step protocol for racial abuse ends with the officials abandoning a match if announcements inside a stadium do not stop the problem.

"We did speak about that [the protocol]," Abraham said. "Harry Kane did ask the question about instead of going through the three steps, if we decide that we want to stop the game - no matter what the score is - if we're not happy with it, as a team we'll decide whether or not to stay on the pitch.

"If it happens and let's say there's a warning or whatever in the stadium, then it happens again, we have to make a decision as a team and with the staff."

Not sure making this public was a great idea. England winning comfortably, fans know how to get our players to walk off and game abandoned.

Almost expecting this to happen now, which is sad, but just think there was no need to publish this.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Applaud the sentiments but what about the 99% of fans that aren't making racist chants etc, especially England fans in this case that have travelled a long way?  It also opens the door for less scrupulous fans/teams to call a game off when the result isn't what they want!

I personally think matches should be played to conclusion as people have paid and travelled to see a match, fine clubs/countries heavily (not the pathetic fines they get presently) and reinvest it in better crowd surveillance and policing to target the idiots. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Not sure making this public was a great idea. England winning comfortably, fans know how to get our players to walk off and game abandoned.

Almost expecting this to happen now, which is sad, but just think there was no need to publish this.

This. I don't know why you would make this public... it's inciting it to happen if anything. By all means, do what you feel is necessary and discuss it within the team but I don't think they needed to tell everyone beforehand. Would probably have been more powerful if it happened and no one anticipated it too.

1 hour ago, David said:

1 hour ago, Srg said:

This. I don't know why you would make this public... it's inciting it to happen if anything. By all means, do what you feel is necessary and discuss it within the team but I don't think they needed to tell everyone beforehand. Would probably have been more powerful if it happened and no one anticipated it too.

Agree.

Should have agreed amongst themselves then just done it if warranted.

5 hours ago, maxjam said:

Applaud the sentiments but what about the 99% of fans that aren't making racist chants etc, especially England fans in this case that have travelled a long way?  It also opens the door for less scrupulous fans/teams to call a game off when the result isn't what they want!

Nobody should have to accept being abused. Particularly to please others. 

I would suggest that all tickets be refunded, and costs applied to the offending nation, upon independent verification of the racial abuse. 

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Nobody should have to accept being abused. Particularly to please others. 

I would suggest that all tickets be refunded, and costs applied to the offending nation, upon independent verification of the racial abuse. 

Agree with the first bit, kinda agree with the second bit - but then we end up abandoning games or playing in empty stadiums.

I'm not sure what the answer is tbh but would like to see more preventative video surveillance inside stadiums which will catch the inevitable idiot. 

Archived