The Increase in Racism

Srg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see the thing between Bernardo Silva and Mendy? 

It's being investigated because Silva likened Mendy to a dark skinned bald animated character.

I mean what if Mendy doesn't want to be seen as a bald black guy. 

You know, like Sam Smith the singer is now no longer a man. He's a 'they'. No gender apparently. A what? A penis? Yes, but what's that got to do with anything? 

I'm an eagle. 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's being investigated because Silva likened Mendy to a dark skinned bald animated character.

I see nothing wrong with it... it's a (public) joke between close friends.
That doesn't make it acceptable for a non-friend to make a 'racist' joke.

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

You know, like Sam Smith the singer is now no longer a man. He's a 'they'. No gender apparently. A what? A penis? Yes, but what's that got to do with anything? 

I'm an eagle. 

I'm sure if Mendy has a problem with it he would do something about it.

Who is it that is taking up the fight on his behalf?

I've often been told I look like Karl Pilkington, if it was a non white person saying it to me would I have a case for racial discrimination? 

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm sure if Mendy has a problem with it he would do something about it.

Who is it that is taking up the fight on his behalf?

I've often been told I look like Karl Pilkington, if it was a non white person saying it to me would I have a case for racial discrimination? 

I think the PFA or Kick It Out or something? Somebody has investigated it. 

I think Mendy would probably sooner ask what's wrong with being compared to a black animated character. Is it meant to be a secret that he's black? 

I was compared to the Milkybar kid when I was little. I thought it was the blonde/white hair, the pale skin and the glasses. Maybe it was a suggestion all us white guys look the same. 

I think Mendy and Silva have laughed it off. Think they're room mates from Monaco? 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think the PFA or Kick It Out or something? Somebody has investigated it. 

Absolute muppets trying to make something out of nothing, to create a storm and keep themselves in a job. 

If only they knew that they were making things worse.

Actually they probably do know and that is their intention. 

Well, I've seen the two pics that were compared... I have to say that, whilst it's not an exact likeness, it's certainly more accurate than likening Mendy (young or present-day) to Andy Pandy,  Hong Kong Phooey, or Dick Dastardly. 

I find this sort of interference (by the "do-gooders") far more damaging to the cause, if I'm honest.

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm an eagle. 

Mendy replied with something along the lines of;

"??? gonna have to get you back for that" 

Can't remember the exact words, but to that effect. 

Some of the complaints are because the character he compared him to has racial undertones from the adverts the character was in in Spain from around 40 years ago. I won't put the video up but you should be able to find by searching Conguitos.

Edit: Found Mendy's tweet

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, I've seen the two pics that were compared... I have to say that, whilst it's not an exact likeness, it's certainly more accurate than likening Mendy (young or present-day) to Andy Pandy,  Hong Kong Phooey, or Dick Dastardly. 

I find this sort of interference (by the "do-gooders") far more damaging to the cause, if I'm honest.

And it makes them look racist.

What's wrong with black cartoon characters? Eh Kick It Out? Why would Mendy be offended? Are black cartoon characters being discriminated against here? 

Nobody expected Rooney to take offence at Shrek comparisons. So are we saying it's ok to compare people to green cartoon characters. Just no black ones please. 

Sith Happens

Yep. Been on mot forum, its a conspiracy because the player is on loan from west brom who they play tonight.

They really are a bunch of morons 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11825251/bernardo-silva-charged-with-misconduct-by-fa-over-tweet-in-reference-to-benjamin-mendy

'The FA does not bring about charges lightly. History tells us they have an extremely high success rate of turning a charge into a punishment. But let us not jump five steps ahead - Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has made his position clear on the post and will want to defend Silva's reputation. This is a serious charge, with a lot at stake.'

You're damn right there is, and not just for Silva.  

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bernardo Silva charged by The FA. The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum.

Its pathetic. People justifying their salaries that's all.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11825521/pep-guardiolas-comments-about-benjamin-mendy-in-bernardo-silva-defence-under-scrutiny-by-fa

Pep Guardiola's comments about Benjamin Mendy in Bernardo Silva defence under scrutiny by FA.

Guardiola said in defence of Silva last week: "His intention was just a joke. There is a cartoon and related with the face [of Mendy] is quite similar."

Archived