The Increase in Racism

Srg

Wembley have got it right imo... they are installing hi-def camera's to focus on the crowd - act like an idiot and expect to get banned.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/23/exclusive-fa-install-high-definition-cameras-wembley-clamp-fan/

I don't agree that racism is on the rise, pretty much all of the high profile cases recently have been random individuals, or a small group of idiots.  When 14.5m people go to Premier League matches during the season you are always bound to get idiots ?

Bring in proper fan ID, get camera's set up to identify individuals occupying seats and you'll at least be able to serve quick justice.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, maxjam said:

I don't agree that racism is on the rise

That doesn't surprise me - but the wikipedia page for racist incidents at football matches has more way more entries for 2019 than any other previous year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_association_football#United_Kingdom

As Gary Neville says - when the country elects a PM who has made racist comments in public and got away with it - what do we expect?

2 things

1) people feeling more relaxed about making openly racist comments

2) more people denying it's a problem. 

I find it very sad that there are so many people on this forum who want to seem to try and downplay racism at every turn.

If I were David I'd actually be embarassed to be hosting the views of such people

18 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

That doesn't surprise me - but the wikipedia page for racist incidents at football matches has more way more entries for 2019 than any other previous year

As Gary Neville says - when the country elects a PM who has made racist comments in public and got away with it - what do we expect?

2 things

I find it very sad that there are so many people on this forum who want to seem to try and downplay racism at every turn.

If I were David I'd actually be embarassed to be hosting the views of such people

Don't forget he said the leaders of both main parties.  I know you love to score some points for JC but blatantly omitting what was actually said..

Tut tut.

4 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

2 things

And I remember the days when whole stands were singing racist chants, now its 1 or 2 people.  Admittedly 1 or 2 people is still to many... ban them, prosecute them but idiots will always exist.

4 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Be careful up there on your high horse won't you.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Have a word with his dad maybe? I'd have been getting a hiding for this off my old man for sure.

A 12-year-old boy has been charged in connection with racist chants against Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-51449162 

Bad state of affairs when a 12 yo is at it. Responsibility 100% at the parents or guardians door though, they need to discipline him, ground him for a few weeks, no mobiles, consoles etc, and no football for the rest of this season.

Or they will do what a lot do now and blame everyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd fight Eric Dier. If he fights like he plays defensive midfield then even my slightest movement would leave him for dead. He'd throw a useless punch but it would look spectacular. Easy work.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Loving Chris Martin and hating Giroud is like loving corned beef and hating a roast beef dinner.

That is true. 

Discussions crop up often related to what sort of player Chris Martin would've been if he had a touch more pace and didn't have his illness and the answer is quite simply Olivier Giroud. ? 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

That is true. 

Discussions crop up often related to what sort of player Chris Martin would've been if he had a touch more pace and didn't have his illness and the answer is quite simply Olivier Giroud. ? 

And, you might argue, a touch more technical ability.

I love Martin, but I highly doubt he'll ever score a scorpion kick.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

And, you might argue, even more technical ability.

I love Martin, but I highly doubt he'll ever score a scorpion kick.

True. But if you imagine Martin had a bit more pace and fitness wise was better off, he'd have been at a higher level earlier - and if he's playing at a higher level for a long time he'd get better in other areas, wouldn't you think?

I think it's beyond doubt that Giroud is better than Martin in basically every way but I don't think he'd have had to be gifted extra ability in every area to play at a very similar level.

Anyway shouldn't sidetrack this into another Chris Martin thread! Racism, bad.

Archived