Jayden Bogle

Sean

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Values .. wow 

ITK wise, It looks like Villa and Leicester are after Luton’s left back ( Justin James at 21 also a bit of a useful all rounder left and right side and has played at DM ) and figures like 7 million are seemingly real.

so what is Jayden worth one wonders ? Whatever happens I hope we don’t do a Hughes and lose him for ordinary money. 

3 hours ago, jono said:

Values .. wow 

ITK wise, It looks like Villa and Leicester are after Luton’s left back ( Justin James at 21 also a bit of a useful all rounder left and right side and has played at DM ) and figures like 7 million are seemingly real.

so what is Jayden worth one wonders ? Whatever happens I hope we don’t do a Hughes and lose him for ordinary money. 

Not quite the same. James is a decent full back (mainly right hand side according to my Luton supporting mate), but hasn’t played above league 1 level yet. 

Bogle has played a full season at Champ level and held his own, particularly in big matches and against big teams. 

If Luton get £7m plus for James, well done them. We shouldn’t be looking to sell Bogle unless someone wants to pay silly money (we're talking £10m plus if we’re in champ next season, over £20m if in Prem)

8 hours ago, r4derby said:

Not quite the same. James is a decent full back (mainly right hand side according to my Luton supporting mate), but hasn’t played above league 1 level yet. 

Bogle has played a full season at Champ level and held his own, particularly in big matches and against big teams. 

If Luton get £7m plus for James, well done them. We shouldn’t be looking to sell Bogle unless someone wants to pay silly money (we're talking £10m plus if we’re in champ next season, over £20m if in Prem)

I think you just made his point. He was saying that if James is worth £7m then Bogle has to be worth a lot more.

10 hours ago, r4derby said:

Yes, that was my point. I am told that he is as good left or right and has been played on technically his wrong side according to some. What I mean is a young, good young player from a wining League 1 side is worth 7 Million so Bogle must be worth a level better whatever league we are in. That 7 million for James is a useful datum point. 

20 hours ago, jono said:

Values .. wow 

James Justin (not Justin James!) was originally a RB but was moved by Luton to LB to accommodate Jack Stacey (who most Luton fans consider to be better than Justin!) at RB. Luton have another good LB (Potts) returning from injury so would probably be delighted to bank the £7m for Justin. Having seen both of them play this season I would say that Jayden Bogle is worth SUBSTANTIALLY more than Justin.

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

James Justin (not Justin James!) was originally a RB but was moved by Luton to LB to accommodate Jack Stacey (who most Luton fans consider to be better than Justin!) at RB. Luton have another good LB (Potts) returning from injury so would probably be delighted to bank the £7m for Justin. Having seen both of them play this season I would say that Jayden Bogle is worth SUBSTANTIALLY more than Justin.

Cheers for that. I had a long telecon with my Luton season ticket nephew who gave me all the background. He hates to see young talent go but sees his club as Burton but with more support and as such need to cash in when they can, it’s part of surviving in the lower leagues. Having been hammered by the FA and ending up playing conference Football they now have planning permissi9n for a new stadium and a the possibility a real money from youth products. Apparently He has been with then since he was 9 years old. 

Yep .. with you on that .. Bogle is / must be a level up from that and younger ... 

I think our biggest challenge this summer will be (ideally) keeping Bogle, or getting value out of his sale.

With our situation, I'm concerned we'll both lose him and not get market value.

If we can get 20m+ sell, if not, keep. Bristol sold Lloyd Kelly, a worse and older fullback, for 13m. If we do sell him, it would sort out our issues with financial fair play for another season, however it's unlikely we'd be able to sign a replacement of the same caliber. 

34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think our biggest challenge this summer will be (ideally) keeping Bogle, or getting value out of his sale.

With our situation, I'm concerned we'll both lose him and not get market value.

After the stadium sale isn't our situation a lot better now though? We're nicely placed so we won't be forced to sell our top players for just whatever we can get for them like Vydra, or sell them in a rush like Hughes to make sure the sale is in a particular financial year

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

After the stadium sale isn't our situation a lot better now though? We're nicely placed so we won't be forced to sell our top players for just whatever we can get for them like Vydra, or sell them in a rush like Hughes to make sure the sale is in a particular financial year

I don't know enough to be honest. I don't know if the stadium sale is a one season rescue, or puts us in a long term stable position. The latter seems doubtful, with the scale of the losses we were due to make in 17/18 before the stadium sale. Yeah this season that loss should have been reduced, and hopefully it'll be slashed this season coming, but by the necessary amount? Plus it's going to leave us with a paper thin squad, so we're going to have to re-invest to some extent in the squad anyway.

Regardless, I don't know our situation - and this shouldn't devolve into yet another FFP conjecture thread - I just think we'd be tempted by, say, a £10-13m offer for Bogle. And I don't think that would be market value.

If Bristol can get £13 Million for Kelly we have to get more for Bogle. I’d be annoyed if we didn’t!

We do have a record though for selling our upcoming players for less than the Market Value. Will Hughes and Tom Huddlestone come to mind 

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

I wouldn't sell Bogle. - i'd have another tilt at the championship first  - with him in the rebuilt team

The only problem is we need money to rebuild the team. Unless we play the youth teams almost exclusively.

For what it’s worth, my research seems to suggest that Kelly has the same agent representation as Bogle. Fortunately, it’s proven they can drive a good deal. 

That being said, don’t sell him. There’s not a talent in the league like him at full back. 

No surprise to see Brighton in for him. He’s undoubted premier league quality imo, one of the best fullbacks in the division, modern, agile, technical, young and intelligent, would fit all the boxes for me looking for a player to replace Bruno for them. Really started showing consistency week in week out in his all round play as well towards the end of the season. Serious young talent.

Archived