Jayden Bogle

Sean

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll need a right back as it looks like Bruno will retire at the end of the season. If we signed him he'd probably join as back up to Martin Montoya. Not sure how much we'd be willing to pay for someone who might not be first choice, although his age and nationality would be good in terms of squad registration rules. Is he Prem standard?

7 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

We'll need a right back as it looks like Bruno will retire at the end of the season. If we signed him he'd probably join as back up to Martin Montoya. Not sure how much we'd be willing to pay for someone who might not be first choice, although his age and nationality would be good in terms of squad registration rules. Is he Prem standard?

Not yet, but he's certainly got the potential to get there. Would be a very shrewd signing for your boys, if this happens.

Would imagine it would be a similar fee to the one we got for Jeff Hendrick, if not more, though.

9 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

Glimpses of it, but like most youngsters has good days and bad days.

As a rookie 18 yo he's been targetted by most opposition managers as a 'weak link' and they've often tried to attack that side more than the left, and IMO he's made a decent fist of that.

He's also played against Chelsea, ManU and Southampton in Cup games this season and hasn't looked out of place.

Since Ashley Cole arrived here, his performances have really gone up a level. Playing his best football of the season right now. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not yet, but he's certainly got the potential to get there. Would be a very shrewd signing for your boys, if this happens.

Would imagine it would be a similar fee to the one we got for Jeff Hendrick, if not more, though.

We're in a position now where we've got decent strength in depth so in theory we shouldn't need to recruit too many this summer, which would in theory mean there's a bit more available for those we do want. This one does make sense in terms of position, played at a good level for his age and would count as a home-grown player. That sort of fee wouldn't be typical of how we've done our business so far though. Reading priced us out of Liam Moore last summer, I think our final offer was £8m and we ended up signing Dan Burn from Wigan for £3.5m instead.

On 25/03/2019 at 11:03, cheron85 said:

And tonic? - Yes please

(The guy played over 200 games for us and still there are Derby fans getting his name wrong - I'd understand opposition fans getting it wrong but our own fans?)

I always liked Hendrix. ? Could always play in bigger stadia. True gritty player not afraid to get his teeth into it. Could really pull the strings. Very much in tune with those around him.

You know I could go on. ??

22 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

If he carries on as he is now we should be looking at over 10m. Improving a lot game by game. I would like to see him stay. 

Right, he will keep improving, his positional sense defending and distribution going forward will cement his education by staying for at least another year under Frank and Jody, whatever league we are in next year.

He will get regular football here, not guaranteed in the Prem, meantime his value will keep rising.

Keep him another year at least and then fair enough if we are not up by the summer of 2020, we cash in and he goes on to better things like Hughes; except this time, we get a better fee.

someone will have to be sold if we want to fund incoming transfers this summer.

personally i hate selling our best player every season.

7m is about a fair fee tbf for where he is at the minute given he’s just broken through and he’s more potential than anything yet naturally, certainly in terms of prem quality anyway. Would be disappointing to lose him to someone like Brighton though, like losing Hughes to Watford, these are teams we were well ahead of not so long ago. Devatasting we reach the point where’s we lose our young stars to them but if finances need it then needs must I guess.

35 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So Burnley had a £7m bid rejected, Nixon has concluded we want over £7m in this mornings column filler.

So many numbers over 7, giving himself plenty of room for correctnesses on that one 

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

someone will have to be sold if we want to fund incoming transfers this summer.

personally i hate selling our best player every season.

Why though? Compared to the beginning of this season, our expenditure will be £10m plus lower. I expect some clever business again. League 1 and 2 players on the cheap and more loans. 

Other clubs hold out for significant fees when selling to Prem clubs. He's young, got a long contract, enjoying himself and playing every week. We should hold out for £12m plus. At some point in the next year and a half a club will pay that. 

Clubs know we've already knocked back an offer of £7 mill and with disdain too, so their interest is already a clear indicator that they are willing to pay more. Burnley especially. They offered a derisory opening gambit of £4.5 mill for Hendrick lest we forget, which some wags on here were quite happy to accept, yet weeks later a deal was struck at £10.5M.

Jayden can IMO, go a deal further than Hendrick ever will and having only just turned 18, he's got everything in front of him timewise too. He demands a higher fee all day long for me, much as I liked Jeff as a player. 

If Burnley, Brighton and co are busy buzzing round our tree this early in the transfer cycle then you can take it as read that Jayden is looked upon as a key target. If we have to sell, or are made an offer we simply can't refuse, all well and good, Otherwise we ask for £15m an and be prepared to deal at around £12M.

Worst case, if the offers max at £8-9M we simply keep him another season and sell him the to the same people or others for £15-20M next year or we're in the Prem in which case, all bets are off!

24 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Clubs know we've already knocked back an offer of £7 mill and with disdain too, so their interest is already a clear indicator that they are willing to pay more. Burnley especially. They offered a derisory opening gambit of £4.5 mill for Hendrick lest we forget, which some wags on here were quite happy to accept, yet weeks later a deal was struck at £10.5M.

Jayden can IMO, go a deal further than Hendrick ever will and having only just turned 18, he's got everything in front of him timewise too. He demands a higher fee all day long for me, much as I liked Jeff as a player. 

If Burnley, Brighton and co are busy buzzing round our tree this early in the transfer cycle then you can take it as read that Jayden is looked upon as a key target. If we have to sell, or are made an offer we simply can't refuse, all well and good, Otherwise we ask for £15m an and be prepared to deal at around £12M.

Worst case, if the offers max at £8-9M we simply keep him another season and sell him the to the same people or others for £15-20M next year or we're in the Prem in which case, all bets are off!

Dead right. Wait till he gets his shooting boots on, then he’ll rocket up in value. 

Archived