Game of Thrones Season 8

DarkFruitsRam7

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I still think the final episode should have been the wight walkers killing all humans and finish with their King sitting on the throne

The last thing I would want to end on is seeing a white walker taking a crap 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see anyone getting the ending they want, now. Unless you've been keen to see Gendry or Bran on the Throne or something.

No chance they're going to end it with Dany sat on the Throne after what she's done. Jon will probably kill her and then take the Black again (if there's even a Watch to go to).

25 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't see anyone getting the ending they want, now. Unless you've been keen to see Gendry or Bran on the Throne or something.

No chance they're going to end it with Dany sat on the Throne after what she's done. Jon will probably kill her and then take the Black again (if there's even a Watch to go to).

Is there any need for the Night Watch now?

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Is there any need for the Night Watch now?

I guess not? But the Long Night is cyclical. It happened in the past and will likely happen again. Maybe they will reform it? 

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Never heard this word before series 8 of GOT. It’s everywhere now

You may never have heard it before, but its a major literary device used in all manner of media - film, tv, literature and video games. Literally thousands of examples.

If you are implying it was never used in relation to game of thrones thats just plain incorrect. GRRM himself mentions it himself in several interviews. Plus before this season most people were under the impression thts some of the setup in previous seasons was going to mean something, but nope.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

You may never have heard it before, but its a major literary device used in all manner of media - film, tv, literature and video games. Literally thousands of examples.

If you are implying it was never used in relation to game of thrones thats just plain incorrect. GRRM himself mentions it himself in several interviews. Plus before this season most people were under the impression thts some of the setup in previous seasons was going to mean something, but nope.

Wasn’t implying that it had never been used I’d just never heard of it. 

I am just a simpleton to be fair 

44 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Never heard this word before series 8 of GOT. It’s everywhere now

Can trace it's use back to Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet is heavily foreshadowed, regarding their deaths, and other examples in MacBeth and others.  Bill liked the use of.

I wonder if it was budget issues with it feeling rushed and only doing one last season with less episodes? Lena Headey was on a million an episode for basically looking out of a window drinking wine. The other main actors are probably on nearly as much. 

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

I wonder if it was budget issues with it feeling rushed and only doing one last season with less episodes? Lena Headey was on a million an episode for basically looking out of a window drinking wine. The other main actors are probably on nearly as much. 

Budget is a huge issue and is the primary reason why they’ve shat on Ghost since Season 6. The dragons are really expensive.

Although HBO apparently offered the show writers more money and more episodes for Season 8. Why the duck they  rejected it I don’t know.

On 15/05/2019 at 08:50, Nuwtfly said:

I guess not? But the Long Night is cyclical. It happened in the past and will likely happen again. Maybe they will reform it? 

Would love a spin off series to try and explain this a bit more. Have we ever had a proper explanation of how they returned after the first men defeated them? 

I’ve read all the books but can’t remember anything in them either? (A long time ago mind). 

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Would love a spin off series to try and explain this a bit more. Have we ever had a proper explanation of how they returned after the first men defeated them? 

I’ve read all the books but can’t remember anything in them either? (A long time ago mind). 

No, we haven't, is the short answer.

We just know that there always has to be a Night King. My theory is that the Lord of Light/God of Death are two sides of the same coin. Both exist together and therefore depend on each other to survive (this explains Mellisandre's loss of power and death after the Night King is defeated).

Wouldn't be surprised to see this season end with the discovery of another white walker pattern...

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

No, we haven't, is the short answer.

We just know that there always has to be a Night King. My theory is that the Lord of Light/God of Death are two sides of the same coin. Both exist together and therefore depend on each other to survive (this explains Mellisandre's loss of power and death after the Night King is defeated).

Wouldn't be surprised to see this season end with the discovery of another white walker pattern...

Roll credits... ‘The End?’ As a white Walker hand reaches in a grabs the crown. Possibly with a manic laugh in the background. Classic. 

On 14/05/2019 at 23:09, ariotofmyown said:

I still think the final episode should have been the wight walkers killing all humans and finish with their King sitting on the throne

I was hoping for heroic deaths too and the twist being the knight king taking the throne. Martin had always hinted the difference between "good" and "evil" was highly subjective and he wanted to subvert expectation of who the bad guys were. The night king's intentions weren't really any less beneign than Daenerys Targaryen's, they both wanted to conquer did they not? And for the night king, their enemy (men) wanted to effectively banish them from the wider realm with a great big wall and wipe them out at the first opportunity. The feeling between both sides was decidely hostile, both wanting to annihilate the other. I was expecting some large reveal of the history of the white walkers, the real relationship between them and men but all we got in the end was the usual baddie meets teen ninja who ends up kicking his ass. Yawn.

Archived