Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

40 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Maybe not even one of the richest. One of the richest owners but he walks away Chelsea are not big enough to generate the income that man utd, Liverpool do.

Chelsea could easily become a has been club if he clears off.

I agree they would struggle without Abramovich, but Jim Ratcliffe is a Chelsea fan as well and offered to buy them when Roman couldn't get his Visa sorted. He is even wealthier than Abramovich and would likely be the person to takeover if Abramovich ever leaves.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So DET have called it a day so it looks like nothing will happen today.

There's a few on here claiming to be ITK, some of which have said it won't be today.

So, please enlighten us, what is the delay? Especially given that those ITK are also saying things are signed.

I still cannot help but think there's a block at the Chelsea end. I wonder whether the "clarifications" that Lampard and Marina/Abramovich sought from eachother have put up a deal breaker.

It's driving me crazy. I'm not sure I can take another 48 hours of nothing. That said, as other have said on the 'What a great forum', the humour on here has kept me going and I thank you all....well, most of you.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

So DET have called it a day so it looks like nothing will happen today.

There's a few on here claiming to be ITK, some of which have said it won't be today.

So, please enlighten us, what is the delay? Especially given that those ITK are also saying things are signed.

I still cannot help but think there's a block at the Chelsea end. I wonder whether the "clarifications" that Lampard and Marina/Abramovich sought from eachother have put up a deal breaker.

It's driving me crazy. I'm not sure I can take another 48 hours of nothing. That said, as other have said on the 'What a great forum', the humour on here has kept me going and I thank you all....well, most of you.

Happened 2 days ago mate.

Official news just being loaded aboard this evening's Red Funnel....?

Time moves more slowly on the isle of wigit.....denser atmosphere.....?

@IslandExile Personally I think the Frank deal is done and the final details on the Cocu deal have been finalised today. (not ITK though) Mel wanted to wait before Cocu was sorted before giving the go ahead to Frank. All the news reports were reporting that we only had a few minor legal things to finish with Cocu today and then it would be done. 

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Are you on your own on that Island?  Another 48 hours and Friday arrives. Perhaps he might calm you down a bit?

They are probably just interviewing his ex team Chelsea mates;  Drogba, Cech, Cole, Terry and Gudjohnson. Before the family clan of Jamie, Harry and Sandra regarding the return of Messiah.

Maybe trying to get BT consent to interview Rio too. 

It’s massive this is 

4 minutes ago, Papahet said:

They are probably just interviewing his ex team Chelsea mates;  Drogba, Cech, Cole, Terry and Gudjohnson. Before the family clan of Jamie, Harry and Sandra regarding the return of Messiah.

Maybe trying to get BT consent to interview Rio too. 

It’s massive this is 

Don't forget the stills of him looking at a black and white photo of himself on the club wall.  Got to get the right lighting.

16 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Official news just being loaded aboard this evening's Red Funnel....?

Time moves more slowly on the isle of wigit.....denser atmosphere.....?

Everything, including me, does move slower down here but the last 48 hours seems to have lasted weeks.

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Are you on your own on that Island?  Another 48 hours and Friday arrives. Perhaps he might calm you down a bit?

It feels like it......other than the kids at my son's school who are all Chelsea fans and super excited about the pending arrival of Lampard.

As an aside, although I'd prefer my son to support the Rams, at least he does support Southampton rather than just picking a 'rich club').

Catch-22 is on TV at the moment but I prefer the book....in that there's one guy who tries to make his life as boring as possible, so that it seems to last longer. This isn't a war but maybe at my age, I should be grateful for anything that drags time out.

Could it not be that Lampard has signed his contract already hence reports that Cocu has also agreed with Derby but the delay is for negotiations on the compensation for Morris and Jones to be agreed?  Would make sense to me and wouldn’t delay preparations for the USA tour 

35 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Flash Gordon ! It was Flash Gordon !

8FEE0A46-FB09-4C03-8972-9761C2D1D40D.gif

Just testing l2. Must be getting older. Do you think that Steve Maclaren will get the job after Lampard. What did Buck Rogers do. Who did he play for. Is he at Leicester now. Was Flash Gordon our Kitman for years.

5 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Could it not be that Lampard has signed his contract already hence reports that Cocu has also agreed with Derby but the delay is for negotiations on the compensation for Morris and Jones to be agreed?  Would make sense to me and wouldn’t delay preparations for the USA tour 

Cocu will be travelling to USA with us regardless. He will sign the document 15.3 seconds after Frank signs his.

The Chelsea /FL deal was done Monday the only reason it's not announced is we haven't tied up Cocu yet .Funny I was dreading the Chelsea /FL deal going live on the news now I can't wait as it means we have concluded our end and we can move on.

5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The Chelsea /FL deal was done Monday the only reason it's not announced is we haven't tied up Cocu yet

Hands up who is really ITK and who is BS. Loads of conflicting comments here; when all we want is facts.

Archived