Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The Chelsea /FL deal was done Monday the only reason it's not announced is we haven't tied up Cocu yet .Funny I was dreading the Chelsea /FL deal going live on the news now I can't wait as it means we have concluded our end and we can move on.

What would be the point in such an arrangement? Why should it matter to us, Frank Lampard, or Chelsea whether we have our replacement ready to unveil the moment Lampard officially leaves?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So DET have called it a day so it looks like nothing will happen today.

There's a few on here claiming to be ITK, some of which have said it won't be today.

So, please enlighten us, what is the delay? Especially given that those ITK are also saying things are signed.

I still cannot help but think there's a block at the Chelsea end. I wonder whether the "clarifications" that Lampard and Marina/Abramovich sought from eachother have put up a deal breaker.

It's driving me crazy. I'm not sure I can take another 48 hours of nothing. That said, as other have said on the 'What a great forum', the humour on here has kept me going and I thank you all....well, most of you.

I'm just going to say once again that if Frank/Cocu is announced this evening, I'll apologise. I only posted what I've heard and if it's wrong then I'll take full responsibility. However if it's proved to be correct, I want a pint from everyone who doubted me. Sound fair? ? 

1 minute ago, Anon said:

What would be the point in such an arrangement? Why should it matter to us, Frank Lampard, or Chelsea whether we have our replacement ready to unveil the moment Lampard officially leaves?

PR

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The Chelsea /FL deal was done Monday the only reason it's not announced is we haven't tied up Cocu yet .Funny I was dreading the Chelsea /FL deal going live on the news now I can't wait as it means we have concluded our end and we can move on.

Why would that stop things? Why does that benefit Chelsea or Derby.

If he's definitely going then maybe, just maybe, stop paying his ducking wages. If that means we're managerless for a few days then so be it, at least my blood pressure wouldn't be starting with a 2 and I could stop guzzling aspirin. 

There's people on this board who weren't even born when this all started. 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So when does our squad fly off to the states?

Friday? I think. Maybe tomorrow.

Just now, SaintRam said:

PR

I still think that's a bad idea. If Derby unveil their manager at the same time Frank Lampard is introduced at Chelsea, which one do we think the media will focus on?

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

SSN vid repeating every little thing that has been guessed about the situation! But saying it was expected to be announced 48 hours from yesterday. Oh FFS this is getting beyond silly now...

It goes, blah, blah, blah, nearly, Frank, blah, blah, holiday, close. blah, soon, blah, blah. I've nothing useful to pass on and those 3 minutes of your life are now lost forever.

Saved you all a click ?

6 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

I'm just going to say once again that if Frank/Cocu is announced this evening, I'll apologise. I only posted what I've heard and if it's wrong then I'll take full responsibility. However if it's proved to be correct, I want a pint from everyone who doubted me. Sound fair? ? 

Sounds very fair to me, the Severn Trent water tanker is on its way

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

I still think that's a bad idea. If Derby unveil their manager at the same time Frank Lampard is introduced at Chelsea, which one do we think the media will focus on?

Frank, obviously, but it will at least get mentioned that he's being replaced here by Cocu by outlets that otherwise would probably ignore us entirely

Tbf lots of moaning about Chelsea over the last few weeks ...but not a word from Derby since Mel was on the radio last week. Not saying they can say anything, but we are all waiting for Cocu confirmation and that is all based on 'rumour'. If Chelsea pay the 4m buy out, have they acted any different to us, ie just trying to get the thing done 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Tbf lots of moaning about Chelsea over the last few weeks ...but not a word from Derby since Mel was on the radio last week. Not saying they can say anything, but we are all waiting for Cocu confirmation and that is all based on 'rumour'. If Chelsea pay the 4m buy out, have they acted any different to us, ie just trying to get the thing done 

Not much more Mel can say until Chelski poo or get off the pot is there? 

16 minutes ago, Anon said:

It doesn't really matter. I bet Mel wants Chelsea to wait though so we can announce cocu 15 minutes after they announce lampard. That way we beat f*orests 18 minute announcement of there manager. 

Archived