Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

16 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

Anyone else heard it’s done deal from July 1st due to FFP

Can't see it being any other way. Lampard is already boozing it up in chelsea while Morris has got a group of unemployed folk round his house taking turns to interview them in his kitchen.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Duwayne said:

Can't see it being any other way. Lampard is already boozing it up in chelsea while Morris has got a group of unemployed folk round his house taking turns to interview them in his kitchen.

Jody or Mel? Or both?

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

It was mentioned around pages 6, 34, 78, 107,108, 176, 204, 235, 267 and 328. But don't quote me if I'm wrong. 

And despite asking everytime nobody has managed to give me a reason why it would make the slightest bit of difference for the money to be in this years or next years accounts whenn ffp is a three year average 

30 minutes ago, GenBr said:

And despite asking everytime nobody has managed to give me a reason why it would make the slightest bit of difference for the money to be in this years or next years accounts whenn ffp is a three year average 

I could be wrong, but I'll chip in.

I didn't think that it was an 'average', I thought that it was a cumulative loss over 3 years. i.e. you can lose no more than £13million (that might not be the right figure) over a three year period - so if you lose £30million in year 1, but make £15million profit year 2, and £4million profit year 3, you'll be fine as the three year loss stands at £11million. But, obviously, the three year period is rolling.

So, we've made a profit of (was it) £15million 2018/19 so there would be no point accounting for Frank in that year - better to account for the compo 2019/20 as it will accumulate better.

Given that the 3 year period is rolling, it makes more sense to do it that way to give us wriggle room (that we may need) in 2020/21 and 2021/22.

That may very well be complete nonsense. In which case, I apologise. But that is my limited knowledge and understanding of it.

3 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

I could be wrong, but I'll chip in.

I didn't think that it was an 'average', I thought that it was a cumulative loss over 3 years. i.e. you can lose no more than £13million (that might not be the right figure) over a three year period - so if you lose £30million in year 1, but make £15million profit year 2, and £4million profit year 3, you'll be fine as the three year loss stands at £11million. But, obviously, the three year period is rolling.

So, we've made a profit of (was it) £15million 2018/19 so there would be no point accounting for Frank in that year - better to account for the compo 2019/20 as it will accumulate better.

Given that the 3 year period is rolling, it makes more sense to do it that way to give us wriggle room (that we may need) in 2020/21 and 2021/22.

That may very well be complete nonsense. In which case, I apologise. But that is my limited knowledge and understanding of it.

Your reasoning is sound but the allowable loss is £39m over 3 years.

As for the FFP/July 1 questions. I would be a bit baffled as to why the need to not announce anything until July 1? I could very well be wrong per FFP rules, but any generic contract (in any professional pursuit), can be agreed upon/announced whenever...with the actual start date (or date of effect) set whenever they want. 

Basically, they could announce officially today what's going on, with July 1 being the start date, hence pushing finances out a year. In which case, makes no sense to 'hide' everything until July 1. Correct? Wrong? I don't know. 

coyr

25 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I thought this would have been done by now, it’s been a few days, if I was at Lincoln and Derby wanted to sign me I would have done it my now.

i wonder what the hold up is? 

Your man was on the radio yesterday and apparently said Lampard was due to have his meeting with Chelsea today, so it was never going to happen before today. If an agreement is reached, I think the earliest that would be announced is tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens next week, if it happens at all that is.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

People say the most stupid things - unfortunately they believe them too.

Someone I didn't actually know today (on Facebook) tried to tell me that proof that the EU was on the point of collapse was that Sweden had just decided to jettison the Euro, and forwarded me an article supporting that 'fact'.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Well it matters in 3 years time obviously. As the 4mn either will, or will not, be included in a previous year's calculation. 

Not guaranteed we get up before then

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Odd way to go to Derby from Lincoln via the M25

Have you not seen the state of the roadworks in Derby? 

Archived