Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angieram said:

What transfer embargo? Managing to 'sign' a £40 million pound midfielder due to a technicality in the loan clause that means he's already a Chelsea player - Mason Mount better not get his hopes too high of getting any first team action this season - Frank Lampard or no Frank Lampard!

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/chelsea-fc/2019/2/

It’s difficult to see Mason getting anything other than a bit part with that squad.

Not sure Tomori has any more chance either and isn’t Zouma still a Chelsea player?

Abraham might get more of a chance along with Hudson-Odoi and what’s his name when they’re both fit.(Loftus Cheek)

39 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

Yeah, it does make a mockery of the ban.

But to all those who say that Lampard will definitely give "the kids" playing time this year because of the embargo - this is Chelsea. It ain't gonna happen. He may have every intention of playing them but the owner is a guy notorious for impatience. You just wait until Frank loses 1/2/3 on the bounce - you can bet that those young players won't see the light of day for fear of the chop.

Mount, Tomori etc. - even Ampadu are not going to be first team regulars. Of that, I am pretty confident.

I was thinking the other day, if Frank went with his fave 4-3-3, and injuries aside, his XI would more than likely be 

-------------------Azzapalalappalapalooza (or whatever his friggin name is)

Azaspatula--------Luiz-------------Rudiger----------------Alonzo

-------------------------Kante

-------------------Jorginho-------Loftus Cheek

Hudson-Odoi---------------------------------------------Willian

-------------------------Giroud/Huguin

Tomori will be behind Christensen & Zouma

Mount would be behind Barkley, Kovocic, and even Drinkwater

10 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Abramovich has kidnapped him because he said no and turned him to oil. 

Think Frank is demanding Mel comes as part of the deal

20 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

The next important date will be America on Thursday/Friday, if they're still going. The time before that is all tests and a bit of running - not so important.  Unless our choice is out of work or an internal candidate then it will be really hard for them to be in post by a week today

Can't see them cancelling it, but I suspect they will be going with Wassall at the wheel

Why do I say this? Well to travel to the USA you need your ESTA visa waiver processing and that has to be done at least 72 hours before departure, so we'd need someone in post by Monday evening really for a Thursday departure.

Unless of course the delegation are travelling under working visas? (the ESTA regulations say "The holder of an ESTA is not permitted to engage in any work, study or training") - in which case I'm no US visa expert, so I've no idea what type of visa they would need, but I'm sure they take longer than 3 days to sort out?

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Can't see them cancelling it, but I suspect they will be going with Wassall at the wheel

Why do I say this? Well to travel to the USA you need your ESTA visa waiver processing and that has to be done at least 72 hours before departure, so we'd need someone in post by Monday evening really for a Thursday departure.

Unless of course the delegation are travelling under working visas? (the ESTA regulations say "The holder of an ESTA is not permitted to engage in any work, study or training") - in which case I'm no US visa expert, so I've no idea what type of visa they would need, but I'm sure they take longer than 3 days to sort out?

Thank you for clarifying that piece of information regarding the United States of America. God Bless Y'all 

3 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Ye can take our Lamps , but you'll never take our chairman !!

Owd Miner's Hilda will have your guts for garters if you take his lamp. He won't be able to find his way back from the outhouse when it's dark.

7 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

An ESTA lasts two years too, the manager incoming may have already been in the last however long.

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

An ESTA lasts two years too, the manager incoming may have already been in the last however long.

Good point

First interview question - do you have a valid passport?

Second question - have you been to the USA in the past two years?

?

Just now, StivePesley said:

Good point

First interview question - do you have a valid passport?

Second question - have you been to the USA in the past two years?

?

In all seriousness though, I imagine they will be under a working visa. Though I do think there are special provisions for those who work in sports and entertainment.

21 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I was thinking the other day, if Frank went with his fave 4-3-3, and injuries aside, his XI would more than likely be 

-------------------Azzapalalappalapalooza (or whatever his friggin name is)

Azaspatula--------Luiz-------------Rudiger----------------Alonzo

-------------------------Kante

-------------------Jorginho-------Loftus Cheek

Hudson-Odoi---------------------------------------------Willian

-------------------------Giroud/Huguin

Tomori will be behind Christensen & Zouma

Mount would be behind Barkley, Kovocic, and even Drinkwater

Ffs have we started picking the chuffing Chelsea team now. Anyway you forgot Bennett on the bench.

Archived