Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No but Chelsea do .  That could be affected should Morris have spoke out of turn before this was move was sealed .  Say something wrong and it would have given Lampard the chance to head off with no compo.  He seemed fairly guarded,  this may have been better done next week when this is done and dusted .  Of course Talksport would have little interest in us then.

From what I could gather the appearance was scheduled weeks ago, and it unfortunately landed the day after we allowed Chelsea to speak to Frank. Mel was there to keep to his word, even though the timing was bad.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm going to set up a Twitter account pretending to be someone because I'm a dull Bamford

I'd say set one up as Darren Wassall and troll the poo out of the numpties in our fan base about him being a dead cert to get the job!

Grow up people , if you played for a club no matter who it was , you win all kinds of honours with them , then you are given the chance to get on the first rung of the ladder in management with another club . Unforseen the managers job at your other club comes available  ,  your heartstrings pull , what u gonna do ? .......imagine that was you and the club you had won honours with was us , what would you do ??  I can TOTALLY  see what he's coming from....... O.K.  it's  not shown the London press in the best light the way they have been wetting themselves over the prospect of the return of the prodigal son.  I'm not impressed with his entourage and the way they have been trying to influence his thoughts but it is what it is. Time will tell how his decision pans out but I can't deny the man his dream. Walk a mile in his shoes before giving your verdict.

If he goes we move on , having heard MM on the radio today, he talked a lot of sense. I trust him to take the right decisions to take us forward, if you didn't get chance to listen today I'd say download the show and listen to what he had to say. I gained a lot of respect for the guy . 

Lets be honest outside of Frank, Jody and Given how many other staff members could you name that he might take. I like Given, but can't say I feel its the end of the world if he is going. Same goes for Frank and Jody - they did alright last season, but nothing spectacular.

Not really sure what given does, or if he does a good job or a bad job.

Since he's been goal keeping coach carson has had his worse season since joining & roos doesnt come off his line to take crosses. Not really bothered if he goes to be honest 

1 hour ago, Wignall12 said:

Grow up people , if you played for a club no matter who it was , you win all kinds of honours with them , then you are given the chance to get on the first rung of the ladder in management with another club . Unforseen the managers job at your other club comes available  ,  your heartstrings pull , what u gonna do ? .......imagine that was you and the club you had won honours with was us , what would you do ??  I can TOTALLY  see what he's coming from....... O.K.  it's  not shown the London press in the best light the way they have been wetting themselves over the prospect of the return of the prodigal son.  I'm not impressed with his entourage and the way they have been trying to influence his thoughts but it is what it is. Time will tell how his decision pans out but I can't deny the man his dream. Walk a mile in his shoes before giving your verdict.

If he goes we move on , having heard MM on the radio today, he talked a lot of sense. I trust him to take the right decisions to take us forward, if you didn't get chance to listen today I'd say download the show and listen to what he had to say. I gained a lot of respect for the guy . 

Listening to Morris on talk sport he didn't sound too perturbed. Seemed a bit too keen to keep on the good side of Chelsea and the Lampard entourage. Understand that he might be playing it tactfully. Truth is another of his appointments his turned sour for those who support the club. Suggesting that Frank has set the precedent for the style of play (Derby way?) etc. Any new manager might tell Mel what he wants to hear regarding continuity, then go and do his own thing. That's what mangers like to do, play it their way.

Regarding the question of loyalty, paying pack for faith shown to a rookie manager, Simon Jordan not everyones cup of tea, but he makes some relevant points. 

44 minutes ago, TimRam said:

I will say though he bought us some great evenings of football. Man U and Saints on penalties, Leeds away in semi and West Brom away.

It was a very mixed bag though.  Millwall at home, Ipswich away.  Very fine margins between us finishing in the playoffs or finishing 8th.  I've heard a lot of talk about Derby's style under Frank but there were plenty of games where we struggled to string 3 passes together.  

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

He also never used of of in the same sentence ?

A good job he wasn't a signwriter then, having problems with the spacing between fish and and and and and chips.

Archived