Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

As things stand right now, we are in for a relegation battle next season, we are so behind on recruitment, any new manager will come in and I guarantee we will panic buy players.

Frank holds a fair amount of responsibility here.

I agree that Frank/Chelsea haven't approached this very well, Frank has had a number of opportunities to resolve this one way or another. 

I'd struggle to see the worry in a team not competing next season though. On current players we could put out an incredibly strong team still: 

GK: Carson (Roos) 

RB: Bogle (Wisdom) 

LB: Malone (Lowe, Fozzy) 

CB: Keogh, Davies (Buchanen or however you spell it ?, also Fozzy and Wisdom) 

CDM: Thorne, Huddlestone, Johnson, Shinnie (plus Sibley/Bird) 

CM/CAM: Holmes, Johnson (promote youngsters up, also Butterfield). 

Wingers: Bennett, Lawrence, 'Zoon (Waghorn if needed plus take your pick of the youngsters) 

Strikers: Waghorn, Marriott, Martin (Blackman may take the fancy of an incoming manager too). 

From that list I'd say the only players we need desperately are a CB as competition/cover and an extra body in midfield/wing. Another Wilson type player on loan would solve this, play in two positions etc. 

If that crop couldn't hold its own in the division we've got no hopes of promotion with just adding a couple to that list. 

36 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He has been on two, yes two holidays since the playoff final, in between which he stopped off to London to visit Drogba, not to mention toddled off to Stamford Bridge for soccor aid.

At any point during the last 3 week's he could have said to Chelsea, let's do this but if not sorted by x date in June then im committing to Derby, because if I don't owe them another season I at least owe them time.

As things stand right now, we are in for a relegation battle next season, we are so behind on recruitment, any new manager will come in and I guarantee we will panic buy players.

FLOL!

A relegation battle? You serious?

You act like we’re just sat on our hands waiting for things to happen. There will already be a plan in place, maybe even already executed.

Things can take weeks to be announced after they happen. Chill.

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I agree that Frank/Chelsea haven't approached this very well, Frank has had a number of opportunities to resolve this one way or another. 

I'd struggle to see the worry in a team not competing next season though. On current players we could put out an incredibly strong team still: 

GK: Carson (Roos) 

RB: Bogle (Wisdom) 

LB: Malone (Lowe, Fozzy) 

CB: Keogh, Davies (Buchanen or however you spell it ?, also Fozzy and Wisdom) 

CDM: Thorne, Huddlestone, Johnson, Shinnie (plus Sibley/Bird) 

CM/CAM: Holmes, Johnson (promote youngsters up, also Butterfield). 

Wingers: Bennett, Lawrence, 'Zoon (Waghorn if needed plus take your pick of the youngsters) 

Strikers: Waghorn, Marriott, Martin (Blackman may take the fancy of an incoming manager too). 

From that list I'd say the only players we need desperately are a CB as competition/cover and an extra body in midfield/wing. Another Wilson type player on loan would solve this, play in two positions etc. 

If that crop couldn't hold its own in the division we've got no hopes of promotion with just adding a couple to that list. 

You forgot George Evans & Ikechi Anya.

How could you? ?

5 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

FLOL!

You act like we’re just sat on our hands waiting for things to happen. There will already be a plan in place, maybe even already executed.

Hysteria isn't just an album by Def Leppard.

35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He has been on two, yes two holidays since the playoff final, in between which he stopped off to London to visit Drogba, not to mention toddled off to Stamford Bridge for soccor aid.

At any point during the last 3 week's he could have said to Chelsea, let's do this but if not sorted by x date in June then im committing to Derby, because if I don't owe them another season I at least owe them time.

The facts are that it was only two days ago that Derby gave Chelsea permission to speak to Lampard, and therefore he would have been in breach of contract to do anything before Mel Morris gave him the go-ahead. Before allowing him to meet with Chelsea, Derby would also have had to agree with Chelsea the terms of his release (compensation) if he chooses to go. He has as l understand it therefore only met with Chelsea today, and no doubt he will make a decision tomorrow. When the decision is communicated will be a matter for Chelsea and Derby, not Lampard.  You and others can get terribly emotional about all of this, but in reality we are talking about a 3 day negotiating window. Seems reasonable to me given the money/contractual obligations involved.

8 minutes ago, Roboram said:

I’d definitely be worried about our midfield if it contained the 2019 versions of Thorne, Huddlestone, Johnson & Butterfield ?

Remove Johnson from that and I agree, Johnson’s been very good this year

36 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

FLOL!

As it stands I honestly believe if the season were to start now, we would be in for a season of struggle.

Take Wilson's 16 goals away, plus Mounts 10 (don't know exact goals), plus Bryson, we are short.

I'm not saying come August we will be in the same position, however, as days tick down and Frank takes the pi$$, and we miss out on targets, some of who were signing for Frank (not Derby) and others wont wait until our manager is resolved, our position gets more concerning.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

As it stands I honestly believe if the season were to start now, we would be in for a season of struggle.

Take Wilson's 16 goals away, plus Mounts 10 (don't know exact goals), plus Bryson, we are short.

I'm not saying come August we will be in the same position, however, as days tick down and Frank takes the pi$$, and we miss out on targets, some of who were signing for Frank (not Derby) and others wont wait until our manager is resolved, our position gets more concerning.

He’s not taking the piss. He’s either negotiating or it’s done and just hasn’t been announced.

Calm down dear. All will be right in the end.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We will be right 

B1BAA8B5-5158-4148-A16F-0AE0615034D4.jpeg

6 hours ago, Harry B said:

Your man was on the radio yesterday and apparently said Lampard was due to have his meeting with Chelsea today, so it was never going to happen before today. If an agreement is reached, I think the earliest that would be announced is tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens next week, if it happens at all that is.

He actually said that he had no idea when they would be meeting and it would be doubtful that he would even be informed of when they were. 

if things kicked off with the squad as is we'd be fine. Probably not top 6 material but we'd be fine.

Enough strikers to win enough to stay clear of the lower end, decent enough defenders and a reasonable if ageing midfield.

The worry would be one or both of a)failing to get a decent manager in reasonably soon and/or b)selling and replacing "the good ones".

Sometimes i think five years of hanging around the top six and folks forget the five years that went before. Fact is teams that mount a challenge and don't make it up eventually fall back a bit before another real go. If next season mostly sucks, it won't be a disaster as long as we're well clear of the bottom end and stay realistic.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

if things kicked off with the squad as is we'd be fine. Probably not top 6 material but we'd be fine.

Enough strikers to win enough to stay clear of the lower end, decent enough defenders and a reasonable if ageing midfield.

The worry would be one or both of a)failing to get a decent manager in reasonably soon and/or b)selling and replacing "the good ones".

Sometimes i think five years of hanging around the top six and folks forget the five years that went before. Fact is teams that mount a challenge and don't make it up eventually fall back a bit before another real go. If next season mostly sucks, it won't be a disaster as long as we're well clear of the bottom end and stay realistic.

I'd like to agree with you, but you've got to think about more than just the team on paper.

Sunderlands squad should never have been relegated. You could have the best squad in the league but if 60% of your players are feeling let down, demoralised and demotivated then they're not going to perform. A bad start to the season with a disheartened squad breeds negativity which could snowball with disasterous consequences.

That's not what I believe will happen to us, but I don't think the possibility can be totally ruled out.

Sarri proper getting on Chelsea nerves with this . Said it a couple of times now . 

I had the good fortune to coach Chelsea, a club that has become very important in recent years, but Juventus is different. Here the story is 100 years old, in Chelsea it started about 20 years ago.

inaccuracies for God sake, wasn't Chelsea founded in 1905? Sarri believes that's 20 yrs ago?- DENSE

Won a European cup in 1971- NO

Is he right? Did we not win the league, FA cups, Intertoto cups, consistently top 6, sell out ground every week.. -NO

stupid and unprofessional, but guess what, no loyalty and respect in football anymore- POT KETTLE

This was unnecessary Don Sarri, but I wish you all the best, We soon start the bounce-  THEY SEEM OBSESSED WITH BOUNCING

its quite amusing and clear reading the posts to this at least 70% of there fanbase had never even looked at a Chelsea result on Ceefax prior to 2005. The ones that did don't seem that keen on them .

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You do understand that he was talking officially for the first time with Chelsea today over a £15m contract, and the futures of 6 others in his coaching staff. You might expect him to want to make sure that all aspects of the deal are right for his future career prospects, and those of the team. You make it sound like it is a simple choice of a packet of Maltesesers or a tube of Smarties. 

And does he realise that the club who gave him his first chance in management are sitting with their hands tied and have been doing sinve Chelsea were give permission to speak to him.It cuts both ways.If he wants to join them that bad and hes been offered a £15m contract what is there to discuss.If you think all this wasnt done and dusted before permission was granted then the word gullible springs to mind.

Archived