Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

From Friargate to Leicester Square

Supposed to be at Chelsea but there blinded by the fact

He's a dedicated follower of West Ham

Who is - The Scarlet Pimpernel?

Should Baroness Orczy be told? It puts Sir Percy Blakeney in a whole new different light - he's supposed to rescue people from La Guillotine, not Les 'Ammers.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Surely one way or another this has to be resolved tomorrow? 

Players are back Monday.

Who knows? I fully expect that Wassall is already in charge for the 1st week of training and probably the US training camp too.

Maybe ,just maybe it's a tough decision for him .Come tomorrow or early next week if he comes out and say's sorry guys it been really ddifficult but I'm staying everyone on here will be creaming their knickers again.

Then again if he goes I will agree wilth  any flack going.

Just now, Curtains said:

Wouldn’t have any qualms about Wassall at all. 

Nor me.

I'm not sure that a disjointed pre-season is that big a deal as long as the fitness work has been done, we normally get off to a slow start to the season whatever the pre-season.

Transfers are usually done closer to the deadline regardless of intent, and with a 24 man squad of senior pros we're not exactly short of numbers.

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Maybe ,just maybe it's a tough decision for him .Come tomorrow or early next week if he comes out and say's sorry guys it been really ddifficult but I'm staying everyone on here will be creaming their knickers again.

Then again if he goes I will agree wilth  any flack going.

I hope that is the case as it would restore some faith that there are some people at the top of the game that have integrity rather than just faking it and being a pr hologram, at this point I would be stunned and humbled 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Should Baroness Orczy be told? It puts Sir Percy Blakeney in a whole new different light - he's supposed to rescue people from La Guillotine, not Les 'Ammers.

It won’t be your buttons next time Frank. I expect you back on Monday sharpish.

9F2316DF-3880-4C3E-8E4C-882B380E5817.gif

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Is he in heaven? Is he in hell?

And what's that revolting garlic smell?

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You do understand that he was talking officially for the first time with Chelsea today over a £15m contract, and the futures of 6 others in his coaching staff. You might expect him to want to make sure that all aspects of the deal are right for his future career prospects, and those of the team. You make it sound like it is a simple choice of a packet of Maltesesers or a tube of Smarties. 

He has been on two, yes two holidays since the playoff final, in between which he stopped off to London to visit Drogba, not to mention toddled off to Stamford Bridge for soccor aid.

At any point during the last 3 week's he could have said to Chelsea, let's do this but if not sorted by x date in June then im committing to Derby, because if I don't owe them another season I at least owe them time.

As things stand right now, we are in for a relegation battle next season, we are so behind on recruitment, any new manager will come in and I guarantee we will panic buy players.

Frank holds a fair amount of responsibility here.

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

I hope that is the case as it would restore some faith that there are some people at the top of the game that have integrity rather than just faking it and being a pr hologram, at this point I would be stunned and humbled 

If he stays I don't think it will down to integrity otherwise he could have ruled himself out days ago. It will because he can't agree terms, guarantee of tenure, taking his coaching team with him or he'll decide the risks are too high. That's what I think anyway.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

You need to sing it ...

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

As things stand right now, we are in for a relegation battle next season, we are so behind on recruitment, any new manager will come in and I guarantee we will panic buy players.

Frank holds a fair amount of responsibility here.

We are only in for a relegation battle if we pick a terrible manager. Our senior squad isnt particularly bad and we have some of the best youth teams in the country.

Senior team we have two of the best strikers in the division, two of the best cbs in the division, one of the best RBs in the division and a number of other talented players such as Lawrence and Holmes. Midfield/wingers are really the only areas we might need to recruit in and thats only if we have nobody in the youth teams ready to step up. Maybe some Defence backups as well.

Depending on what style/formation the new manager wants to play I dont think we need to make too many signings. Certainly wont be in a relegation battle with the squad we have.

Archived