Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

But with the squad they had? I’m not convinced getting top 10 with that squad coming down from the prem is that big an achievement, regardless of transfer budget. Not saying he isn’t a good manager like, he’s got the right philosophy and I tend to agree that if he stayed I think he would instil his style more and they’d be a serious promotion contender next season, so I definitely want him gone before he can manage that and showcase his abilities. He just hasn’t proven them outright yet, what he’s done so far in terms of hardened evidence isn’t enough to seem worthy of a prem job, I think he does have the ability, but a prem team tends to look for more hardened evidence of it. Would be a risk on their part I think

I think the main thing is that he hasn’t flopped. He did an amazing job at Ostersunds through unusual methods but  it was always going to be a risk giving him such a tough job in a competitive league. He’s shown that he’s competent at the very least and so can be considered a real prospect of a manager.

It’s a similar situation to Lampard, who has shown that he isn’t a complete flop like Scholes and can now start focusing on moving up the ladder.

16 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

They got to the FA cup semi final..... by beating Derby! And only got knocked out by Man City (who incase you forgot have just won the league)...with a 1-0 scoreline.... not too shabby

Ok they didnt perform in the league but they haven't been relegated either 

They beat a changed Bournemouth side and three Championship teams to get there. 

18 hours ago, Saity said:

Just heard confirmed on talksport that Frank Lampard is on a 3 man shortlist for the Brighton job 

Should we let him go if we don’t go up or will he want to talk to them ???

i like Frank but I’d actually have Hughton as his replacement if Frank wanted the job 

thoughts please 

Just to point out, nothing was (or is ever?) 'confirmed' on TalkSport, I'd say 'guessed' is a more appropriate term....

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Swansea have rejected the approach for Potter, according to the Mail...

It’s not going to work you know, Sing with us Nuwty.... 

Lampard’s at the wheel, tell me how good does it feel

We're going to have to get used to Frank being linked to every Premier League job going. Good! It means he's doing a decent job with us. 

The sooner we can get promoted the better. Hopefully this season. If not, Brighton won't be the only link being made over the summer. If the players want to have him and Jody in charge, I recommend winning on Wednesday. 

Great if strange news that Brighton seem intent on appointing Potter. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

It’s not going to work you know, Sing with us Nuwty.... 

Lampard’s at the wheel, tell me how good does it feel

He's got Keogh, and Bryson and Nuge

Leeds fan say that his belly is huge...

28 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

His eyes would just glaze over at the interview anyway. He'd probably just crack, and even if he got the job, he'd end up getting fired. 

Your the master of this pun thread ,, your kiln it son

On 14/05/2019 at 11:54, ShoreRam said:

Just to point out, nothing was (or is ever?) 'confirmed' on TalkSport, I'd say 'guessed' is a more appropriate term....

The words they used were “ it’s been confirmed that there are 3 people on a shortlist “ and one of those was our Frank all I’ve done is pass on what was said 

On 13/05/2019 at 21:06, CWC1983 said:

Ambitious managers will pick the best time for them to move on, and Brighton for Frank might be tempting. 

To do a good job in the premier league will look better on the CV compared to a good job in the championship. 

You also can't discount the lure of a transfer kitty. Mount and Tomori for example. Theres no way Derby could afford them if they dont go up. Brighton however most definetly could. 

Correct analysis @CWC1983. Football management is like snakes and ladders...you have to jump on the ladders as they occur. I suspect though that FL will want to have the experience of building on a budget just to prove he can spot the right blend; so he’ll stay put for now...1 more season with Derby and if successful next year, he’ll get a good choice...unless he does it with us. 

I work in London among Chelsea supporters. There is a strong rumour circulating that Chelsea will sack Mauricio Sarri regardless of the Europa Cup result . Apparently they want to appoint Frank Lampard and Jodie Morris to bring on their young players during the impending transfer ban.Sorry to put a dampener on proceedings but it is a genuine rumour.

Archived