Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

43 minutes ago, David said:

Do you feel like we was lucky to walk away with a point?

Elland Road we were outplayed, well and truly, I don’t think anyone would argue we deserved anything from the game.

Last night, I thought a point was fair, I was never overly concerned by them, just frustrated by Lawrence, Wilson and Holmes who all decided to take the night off. Ipswich worked hard enough but lacked any real quality in the final third to give us problems. I honestly don’t feel like we got away with one there though, robbed a point. 

Turned up, did enough for the appearance bonus and got back on the bus home with our point, we know we can play much better than that.

Having a quick look through their fans reactions to the full time tweets, hard earned point seemed to be the mood and positive reactions to their performance which says a lot about how bad they’ve been this season. I came across the odd one that thought they should have won but overall they were happy with the point.

Agree with wilson and holmes but could we make a case for lawrence?, he was kicked a lot last night and looked like he was carrying a knock after his goal. Just a thought.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Agree with wilson and holmes but could we make a case for lawrence?, he was kicked a lot last night and looked like he was carrying a knock after his goal. Just a thought.

I think Wilson got a good kicking also, ref seemed happy enough though.  Happy to allow lots to go on apart from the unbelievable booking of Wags, that took a bit of edge off him.  I have seen to camera angles of that incident and have no idea how he came to that decision

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Ipswich are bottom because they are incapable of playing away from home. Their away form is as follows:

L
L
L
L
D (Birmingham)
W (Swansea)
L
L
D (Reading)
L
L
L
L
L
L
L

At home, they're not as bad. They've drawn more than they've lost. I'd argue the reason that they've struggled turning draws into wins is due to their lack of bite upfront. At home, they've taken points off (of the top 15 - or 10 points away from us):

Blackburn
Villa
Norwich
Brentford
Sheff Utd
Derby

They won none of those games. The games they've won at home were against (current) bottom 6 teams.

People who look at the table and deduce that, if we're are 7th and they're bottom we must be THIS much better than them just simply haven't been paying attention to the Championship. The difference in quality between 1st and last, even when last place is adrift, simply isn't that much.
Ipswich are two above average players away from being a mid-table side. You couldn't say that about any of the teams last-place in any other league.

Ipswich are dire, absolutely dire, one of the worst teams the championship has had for years and years, we should be burying teams like that, no excuses at all we should bury them.

1 hour ago, David said:

Do you feel like we was lucky to walk away with a point?

Elland Road we were outplayed, well and truly, I don’t think anyone would argue we deserved anything from the game.

Last night, I thought a point was fair, I was never overly concerned by them, just frustrated by Lawrence, Wilson and Holmes who all decided to take the night off. Ipswich worked hard enough but lacked any real quality in the final third to give us problems. I honestly don’t feel like we got away with one there though, robbed a point. 

Turned up, did enough for the appearance bonus and got back on the bus home with our point, we know we can play much better than that.

Having a quick look through their fans reactions to the full time tweets, hard earned point seemed to be the mood and positive reactions to their performance which says a lot about how bad they’ve been this season. I came across the odd one that thought they should have won but overall they were happy with the point.

I don’t think we were lucky but didn’t say we were.

All points in my post remain the same though. 

I think you’re a bit harsh on Lawrence considering he was kicked and injured. I actually think he tried to be more unselfish, probably due to the amount of stick he gets. A few times when he passed near the oppo box, he could’ve been well within his rights to shoot. But heaven forbid he misses.

5 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I don’t think we were lucky but didn’t say we were.

All points in my post remain the same though. 

I think you’re a bit harsh on Lawrence considering he was kicked and injured. I actually think he tried to be more unselfish, probably due to the amount of stick he gets. A few times when he passed near the oppo box, he could’ve been well within his rights to shoot. But heaven forbid he misses.

All I said was I was frustrated by the 3, haven’t called Lawrence out by himself for special criticism or offered to drive him to another club. He was probably the better of the 3 if that helps, but still think they all could have played far better, retained the ball and created better opportunities. 

15 minutes ago, David said:

All I said was I was frustrated by the 3, haven’t called Lawrence out by himself for special criticism or offered to drive him to another club. He was probably the better of the 3 if that helps, but still think they all could have played far better, retained the ball and created better opportunities. 

Haha, yes, that’s really helpful. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Ipswich are dire, absolutely dire, one of the worst teams the championship has had for years and years, we should be burying teams like that, no excuses at all we should bury them.

Rubbish!. Tell that Villa, sheff utd and norwich then. This is the championship not fantasy football.

I read the forum and don’t often post, but I feel the urge to question some of the negative comments and player scores given to Tomori for last nights game.

I wasn’t at the match, but was one of the unfortunate suckers who paid £10 to sit through it.

I thought Tomori, and Keogh to an extent, were the only bright sparks.

Solid in headers and tackles, Tomori often using his pace to good effect and decent distribution.

Roos conceded one goal and had no other noteworthy saves to make, I never thought we were in danger of losing and, therefore, think Tomori and Keogh deserve much more credit.

I’ll wager that managers of most other teams in this division would love to have one, or even both, especially Keogh, he seems like a ‘managers favourite’; there’s probably a reason for this.

Another good away point. This is the championship and all games are competitive. As the Sky Red Button failed to work in the two pubs we tried, the Aberdeenshire Rams had to suffer watching Brentford v Aston Villa instead. We didn't lose and Frank maybe picked Bradley for his Norwich City background thinking he would relish the opportunity of putting in a performance against Ipswich Town.

And I didn't notice Tom Huddlestone being on the bench on the team sheet I saw on here. It is a squad game, and if we win on Saturday I'll still be a happier Ram than so many on here, that were lucky enough to see last night's game, but are not very thankful for it. 

We always struggle at Ipswich. Looking at the highlights we looked like we had the better chances to win it and gaining a point on Boro and Norwich is a good thing.

Up The Rams.

We certainly have enough in our squad to beat Ipswich Town who are a poor side this season. The team on the night didn't really perform well enough to win, and player selection on this occasion was probably the reason for this. The pairing of King and Johnson in midfield was very odd indeed. 

50 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

We always struggle at Ipswich. Looking at the highlights we looked like we had the better chances to win it and gaining a point on Boro and Norwich is a good thing.

Up The Rams.

We'd won the last 4 before last night!

Our hoodoo was at home, which Frank cracked. But now we've lost all our previous bankers. 

Like Leeds and Forest ?

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

Rubbish!. Tell that Villa, sheff utd and norwich then. This is the championship not fantasy football.

Or...tell it to

Sheff Wednesday

Exeter

rotherham

hull

millwall

leeds

qpr

boro

bristol city

west brom

stoke

forest

Actually I am bored of this....

they are the worst team in the league...that is a stone cold fact....and we should be beating the worst team in the league every single time we play them.

33 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Or...tell it to

Sheff Wednesday

Exeter

rotherham

hull

millwall

leeds

qpr

boro

bristol city

west brom

stoke

forest

Actually I am bored of this....

they are the worst team in the league...that is a stone cold fact....and we should be beating the worst team in the league every single time we play them.

utter tripe!, so because they are the worst team in the league every team should beat them eh??. they should have no points then shouldn't they. I'm bored of elitist fans thinking we're better than we are. NEVER in the history of any league has an absolutely dire side bang on for relegation lost every game, even us in 07

If i could be bothered i would list all the bottom teams in the championship over the last 10 seasons and I bet one or two times AT LEAST that season they had beat or drew against a top 6 side. We're 7th, we're not Leeds or Norwich, if we were I could understand the childish behaviour and comments of some of the posters on here, but we're not. we are a work in progress and inconsistent, sometimes we're great, sometimes we're crap. Get over it.

3 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Why oh why refer to other not very good teams? It's a very poor Championship this season, which is why we are hanging in with mediocre performances. I haven't seen a team that will hold their own in the Premier. Not like Wolves last season who strolled the division. OK they cheated with the money they spent, but they spent well and got a good manger in.

54 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

utter tripe!, so because they are the worst team in the league every team should beat them eh??. they should have no points then shouldn't they. I'm bored of elitist fans thinking we're better than we are. NEVER in the history of any league has an absolutely dire side bang on for relegation lost every game, even us in 07

If i could be bothered i would list all the bottom teams in the championship over the last 10 seasons and I bet one or two times AT LEAST that season they had beat or drew against a top 6 side. We're 7th, we're not Leeds or Norwich, if we were I could understand the childish behaviour and comments of some of the posters on here, but we're not. we are a work in progress and inconsistent, sometimes we're great, sometimes we're crap. Get over it.

I think the frustration comes for a lot because of the 5 previous seasons we've flopped and bottled it. There is no stand out team this season and it could be similar to 14/15 with everything up for grabs going into the final few games. Depending on how results go on saturday, if we beat millwall we will be 8 pts clear of the chasing pace, so the selection process will have been made.

I don't expect us to go up but I live in hope that we scrape into the playoffs and then play 3 games like we did vs west brom, Boro and man u.

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

A work in progress.....? Don’t give me that, we have been in the play offs for the last god knows how many years. He inherited a good enough squad. 

And of course not everyone in the league is going to beat the worst team in the league but any team that thinks they are going to get promoted should be stuffing them. 

46 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

A work in progress.....? Don’t give me that, we have been in the play offs for the last god knows how many years. He inherited a good enough squad. 

And of course not everyone in the league is going to beat the worst team in the league but any team that thinks they are going to get promoted should be stuffing them. 

Sorry but you spouting utter poo as usual.

YES we are a work in progress, new manager, different ideas and tactics. He's had to sell our top scorer to try and get some new blood into our previously failed squad.

"any team that thinks they are going to get promoted should be stuffing them". Like i said before, this ain't fantasy football pal. Villa, sheff utd and Norwich all have promotion in mind wouldn't you say?, did they stuff em?. NO....Just quit because you sound more like a petulant child than a derby supporter.

Would have responded before but been far too busy for comment.     I don't mind too much some of your fanbase with the impression you should be beating us out of sight, after all it's one of the worst squads we've had that many can remember - fans of all ages.

A point does neither side any favors.   You would have wanted a victory to forward play-off endeavors while a win would have been essential for ourselves.   Even then it may not have been nowhere near enough and many accept now (any) survival opportunity has passed.  The team did OK last night but as is often it only occurs sporadically or we don't play consistently enough to provide ourselves a chance.  The league does not lie, we're end position for a reason.   You can chalk that up to a colossal error back in the summer when Hurst was appointed and a collective team that are simply not of a standard to compete in this division.    Add to that there's little to no investment as Marcus Evans is content to sit on his ass in our times of need and do next to nothing to aid a situation.

Am I content with a point from it ?   In truth it's all rather academic.   What you do is your business, but from an opposition perspective it was a point that holds zero value.    Hope those who traveled had a safe trip. 

Archived