19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

30 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

why buy a keeper who has a maximum of one season left in him, when you could buy one who has 4+ seasons?

I see your point , but if you can sign for 1 year and they are free then it might be worth it. for example why not (if carson and roos both leave) 

Bring in Dimi + a younger keeper with plenty of potential , perhaps this Croatian keeper

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

I see your point , but if you can sign for 1 year and they are free then it might be worth it. for example why not (if carson and roos both leave) 

Bring in Dimi + a younger keeper with plenty of potential , perhaps this Croatian keeper

Buying 2 keepers is not good transfer strategy unless both Carson and Roos leave, why not just buy a single, first choice keeper?

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I did mention potential lmao, there’s something in there, has to be 

He's 24 this year having never scored more than 5 goals in a season. 

Might have been some potential but had some bad injuries 

32 minutes ago, JfR said:

You know it makes sense

He's high energy, great at getting in behind defences and closing people down - All very Lampard qualities

Unfortunately he can't trap a ball to save his life and his shooting is woefully inaccurate - So the close passing and needing to score goals would be the limiting factors...

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He's high energy, great at getting in behind defences and closing people down - All very Lampard qualities

Unfortunately he can't trap a ball to save his life and his shooting is woefully inaccurate - So the close passing and needing to score goals would be the limiting factors...

Gary Rowett would have been nursing a semi if he saw this news article.

GK - Bentley - Brentford - 1 year left on contract

DF - (If we can't get Tomori back)

Souttar - Hearts

Kalas - Chelsea - on loan

MF - Vela - Bolton - Free agent

Browne - Preston - 12 goals this season

FW - Maddison - Peterborough - Top assists in L1 

4 hours ago, Topram said:

Albert Adomah on a free?

I've wanted Adomah for years but he is now the wrong side of 30. The best option in our league is quite possibly benrahma. Getting him and Bentley from Brentford would be a masterstroke

4 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

I've wanted Adomah for years but he is now the wrong side of 30. The best option in our league is quite possibly benrahma. Getting him and Bentley from Brentford would be a masterstroke

The problem with buying players who are on the back of their best ever season is that they’ll come at a huge premium and may not be able to capture that same level again. Exactly what we did with the likes of Johnson, Butterfield and Jozefzoon. 

Archived