Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's an awful lot of OTT comments.

It's been alright with sprinklings of good and bad. 

Don't get the "horrific, shocking, embarrassing, gulf in class" comments

Too much coffee or summat? 

Don't you think you are being a bit dramatic? Be honest. 

Again imo Waghorn adds something to this team. It's alright Bryson telling him to stay wide but Bryson would never pass that way. He prefers safe and slow. Waghorn has picked the ball up in CM and sprung several attacks. Maybe advice should be going the other way. 

I'd like to see a few more out balls aimed down Waghorn's throat. I think his hold up play could skip out the Southampton pressing. 

I don't really get any criticism of him. He was one of the most uninspiring summer signings I could imagine. An old Clough target that wasn't especially exciting back then. But his physicality and his movement, his energy and pace (especially the first couple of yards) are giving us a pivot. He's playing well too. 

He's not spectacular but he played in our best spell too. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

They've just shown the highlights yesterday and Newcastle are through due to an offside goal, by around a yard, that was given.

No VAR at Championship grounds, so Blackburn are out.

Wrong to have VAR in this competition at premier league grounds only. It should be at 100% of the games or none at all 

Well I'm proud of the way my team has played in last 20 minutes. Unlucky not to be 1-0 up. Yes there were mistakes particularly in first twenty minutes - the short corner very sloppy but there's also been some lovely play. Don't understand the level of negativity on here. Just hope we carry on as we ended first half.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Exactly, but no-one seems to be pointing this out as they’re all English FA yes men. Maybe they should be criticising the FA for not implementing it correctly as Fifa states, rather than criticising technology.

You keep bringing this up, but what differences are they between the systems?

VAR isn’t the problem. The half wit looking at the replay is. Clear and obvious is the rule, an inch either way isn’t clear or obvious. The benefit of the doubt should therefore go to the attacker. We played very well in the latter part of the half and deserved the lead. Waghorn needs to start every game, linking well with Marriott and working really hard for the team 

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

Here. He is offside 100%, but just the foot in it. Debate should be over the “clear and obvious rule”, not over whether he is offside or not.

51683015-8CD7-4ACE-B632-1DC7F71C2480.jpeg

His shoulder is in line with the defenders shoulder not offside

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

Here. He is offside 100%, but just the foot in it. Debate should be over the “clear and obvious rule”, not over whether he is offside or not.

51683015-8CD7-4ACE-B632-1DC7F71C2480.jpeg

No he's not. The defender's shoulder is at least level or further back than Waghorn's foot. Look again. 

Archived