Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Unfortunate that the goal was ruled out, but correct decision ,Waghorn's foot was off.

So far, this game has been a reasonable summary of our season. We've played pretty football in patches, but we've given the ball away several times at the back, been slightly sloppy and not created too much. We had one lovely move where Mount skied, but it would have been our goal of the season if it came off, the build up play was beautiful.

I hope we can keep this up in the second half, but create more, because in the final third we're definitely lacking.

Not against the shoulder though.

English media criticising VAR and accusing it of being dodgy in order to justify removing it from English football, even though the English FA are to blame for not following FIFA’s introductions and not correcting the proper version of VAR.  You couldn’t make it up. Maybe they should vent their frustration at the FA instead of the technology. This agenda against Var makes me sick. 

Just now, McLovin said:

English media criticising VAR and accusing it of being dodgy in order to justify removing it from English football, even though the English FA are to blame for not following FIFA’s introductions and not correcting the proper version of VAR.  You couldn’t make it up. Maybe they should vent their frustration at the FA instead of the technology. This agenda against Var makes me sick. 

You're spot on. VAR was used pretty damn well at the world cup, we should have used the same here as was used there with the same rules around it. 

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Danny Murphy is a complete tool isn’t he.

He makes me want to stick pins in my ears. I’ve never known a commentator to make me so angry inside. It isn’t just what he says, it’s the tone of this voice that makes me want to punch my TV.

Whether or not it was offside isn't the issue for me, it's how long the decision took. If it takes three minutes to make a decision then it's not clear enough to warrant a decision like that. You're holding up the game, killing the momentum and leaving the paying spectators sat there for minutes without any clue on what is happening.

I'm a fan of the idea of VAR, but it shouldn't be implemented in its current form. Why is it fair that it exists only in PL grounds? If we had scored that goal in the first game, it'd have stood, but because it's at a Premier League side then they warrant a more detailed inspection.

Archived