George Thorne - Joined Luton Town on Loan

Animal is a Ram

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I think thats the case with most tackles, unless you are Roy Keane of course.

It was reckless still, but I do get your point. Dunno how it wasnt a red though or a penalty, but then again i recall feeling so sick for George the result didnt matter, i cant imagine i could have cheered a goal from a penalty.

I felt worse than when Barker got injured, but thats maybe because it was right in front of me and Barker was the other end of the pitch. Time seemed to stand still while they were treating George on the pitch.

I remember the feeling after the game that even though we were in the play offs, that challenge had basically out an end to our season. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I remember the feeling after the game that even though we were in the play offs, that challenge had basically out an end to our season. 

I've said this few times on here, as so many people seem of the opinion Thorne had 15 good games for 13/14 and then after his ACL was poo.   Had a very good season that year.

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I've said this few times on here, as so many people seem of the opinion Thorne had 15 good games for 13/14 and then after his ACL was poo.   Had a very good season that year.

He did, I think if you look at the stats he started more games than any other midfielder too.

16 hours ago, Paul71 said:

It was reckless still, but I do get your point. Dunno how it wasnt a red though or a penalty, but then again i recall feeling so sick for George the result didnt matter, i cant imagine i could have cheered a goal from a penalty.

It was horrid. Certain trains of thought stick with you and mine was ‘I don’t want to be here anymore’. 

He was everything you could want from the position. Tall, strong, quick enough to recover, read the game, good in the tackle, passed through the lines, passed in behind, had a diagonal, could shoot.  That’s putting it simply. He did the technical details well, always looking to receive the ball on the back foot, backed up play so as to allow him to control the game whilst screening simultaneously, etcetera. 

He wasn’t perfect; one footed, the occasional sloppy miscontrol, his more ambitious passes were zipped with the expectation that the recipient could control it. 

He’d be playing for England right now. He was that good. His spell in 13/14 is still the best thing I’ve ever seen at this level. 

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

According to whoscored, he was the stastistically the third best central-midfielder in 15/16 in the league. Had he not played against Ipswich he’d have been the second. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I don’t think he has the same passion for football anymore. I know he used to like watching fellow professional midfielders  games and incorporating them into his own, he used to like watching Marco Verratti and Toni Kroos  play regularly in particular and studying them to see how he could improve himself. Injuries can sadly kill a player’s career and passion for the game. He needs to talk to his mates calum chambers and Oxlade Chamberlain and get their views because they have suffered some bad injuries themselves. I can unfortunately see him retiring within the next few years and launching a clothes or modelling career.

24 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sadly I don’t think he has the same passion for football anymore. I know he used to like watching fellow professional midfielders  games and incorporating them into his own, he used to like watching Marco Verratti and Toni Kroos  play regularly in particular and studying them to see how he could improve himself. Injuries can sadly kill a player’s career and passion for the game. He needs to talk to his mates calum chambers and Oxlade Chamberlain and get their views because they have suffered some bad injuries themselves. I can unfortunately see him retiring within the next few years and launching a clothes or modelling career.

You have seen him right?? 

2 hours ago, RebelScum said:

Best looking Derby player ever! No debate!

Steady on, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

We need to hear from the ladies of the forum.  So let’s have a mass debate, don’t shut it down.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Isn't his left eye slightly smaller than his right? 

Blame the photographer... He was halfway through winking... Was meant to be one for the ladies, but they've just made him look deformed!

Funnily enough (or not funny at all actually, but still...) one of my eyes always goes like that, whenever I put any form of fruit in my mouth.  I think they call it "sour eye"  (When I say "they", I mean "me"!)

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Blame the photographer... He was halfway through winking... Was meant to be one for the ladies, but they've just made him look deformed!

Funnily enough (or not funny at all actually, but still...) one of my eyes always goes like that, whenever I put any form of fruit in my mouth.  I think they call it "sour eye"  (When I say "they", I mean "me"!)

One of your eyes bugs out when you start chewing on a banana? 

Archived