George Thorne - Joined Luton Town on Loan

Animal is a Ram

Time for him to move on to be fair. If he can stay fit for the rest of the season at Luton, maybe he can have a chance next year, but he's far too injury prone for us to rely on him right now. The last few appearances we saw from him, he looked as slow as Hudds, and his passing was bad too. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see 13/14 Thorne again.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I hope he goes there and bosses it. He can then either come back and boss it for us again or get a move that allows us to reinvest his wages and allows him to play regular football.

I have faith - Luton aren't going to concede for the rest of the season and he's going to score 15 for them

Then come back and get us promoted next season

I really need a drink...

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I have faith - Luton aren't going to concede for the rest of the season and he's going to score 15 for them

Then come back and get us promoted next season

I really need a drink...

Don’t be ridiculous, we’re getting promoted this season!!

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Great news - lot of sense in loaning him out to the lower leagues and I hope he gets plenty of game time to build up his confidence and get back his magic touch. Back (in every sense) in time for the play offs....

Don't think he'd be allowed to play in the play offs with us anyway. We'd be in automatics so doesn't matter too much !

Can't bring myself to like the news, but I think it's best for George and could possibly be best for us - at least we'll know one way or the other if he's up to the rigours of regular first team football. 

There's a nice article about him on Luton's website. 

Archived