Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

George Thorne - Joined Luton Town on loan

15 hours ago, jono said:

He had one sub appearance and did well. Then he became a Dad so wasn’t in the squad. Bench last weekend but as they won at a canter he wasn’t used. 

I really want to see him on the pitch but the haters are on a roll at the top of the table so he’s got to force his way in somehow. Tricky for him and Luton

The same situation as when he came here on loan really. Eustace was smashing it at the time, so Thorne had to wait for him to get injured before he got his chance.

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Has he played for them at all yet? Disappointing if not 😐

The guy who took him there's ended up at stoke....reunification with Ince next season?

12 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

He's played 29 minutes over 2 games.

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The guy who took him there's ended up at stoke....reunification with Ince next season?

Thanks guys. Forgot about the manager leaving - poor old George. Hope he gets some proper gametime wherever he ends up next season.

53 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

That's very unfair. He clearly is a brilliant player when not plagued by injury.

but he hasn't been injured since going there.....and managed 29 minutes.... almost as if their manager thinks he isn't that good....?

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Nah surely the bloke with ‘King Billy Walks on Water’ isn’t a wum??

To be fair Andy Todd has more Premier League appearances in his career than Thorne does...

That statistic makes me REALLY sad

It's disappointing that Thorne hasn't taken off at Luton, but they're a seriously good team. They're well clear of second, on course for back-to-back automatic promotions, so it's not as if he's been afforded much of a chance. Luton would probably be more than a match for us at the moment. They're unbeaten in their last 25 league games! 

I doubt Thorne will ever be a fixture in the Derby side again, but we have the memories of when the boy could walk on water and pass a bowling ball through the eye of a cheerio from 40 miles. On song, for me, the best footballer I have ever seen play (and remember) for Derby County. It's just a shame it never happened after the loan spell. 

Edited by Ambitious

I still don't get it.

I know some say he is ruined physically but he didnt look it last season when he played, when he first started coming back into the team Nov/Dec time some of his touches were superb.

I still think the formation affected him, George really does need people buzzing about him, like Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, get in the way, give it to one of them job done, play the occasional world class ball. But his best football was the simple stuff.

Rowett threw him under the bus for Sunderland and look what happened the week after, the pairing of Hudds and Ledley had a mare at Burton but Rowett had made his statement and didnt go back on it, that was that.

Going to Luton who are in form is difficult, he cames to us on loan and didnt get a game until Eustace got injured, what if Eustace hadnt got injured? He was doing nothing wrong in a very good team, we may never have signed George just because we never saw much of him.

I look at some of the performances Evans and Hudds have put in and I cant be convinced Thorne would not be a match for them, even a half fit George Thorne.

I was hoping he would shine at Luton but he isnt going to get a chance by the look of it. Was hoping Frank would see what he could do and bring him back from the cold.

I am gutted, im sure there is a good footballer there, hope he gets a chance somewhere.