George Thorne - Joined Luton Town on Loan

Animal is a Ram

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

One of your eyes bugs out when you start chewing on a banana? 

Well, first off, I was talking about his left eye (and mine) shrinking.  His right eye looks more normal to me, not "bugging out"?

That aside, what I get up to with a banana in the privacy of my own home (I close the blinds!) is none of your business!  Bloody nosy perv!

EDIT:

Your comments have made me look at his pic again... I'm not so sure now... they both look wrong!  LOL!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, McLovin said:

Sadly I don’t think he has the same passion for football anymore. I know he used to like watching fellow professional midfielders  games and incorporating them into his own, he used to like watching Marco Verratti and Toni Kroos  play regularly in particular and studying them to see how he could improve himself. Injuries can sadly kill a player’s career and passion for the game. He needs to talk to his mates calum chambers and Oxlade Chamberlain and get their views because they have suffered some bad injuries themselves. I can unfortunately see him retiring within the next few years and launching a clothes or modelling career.

You know how he’s feeling mentally, who his mates are, which footballers he used as role models to watch and that he’s heading for the catwalk himself. The only thing this post is missing is which does he prefer ketchup or brown sauce on his bacon.

5 hours ago, David said:

You know how he’s feeling mentally, who his mates are, which footballers he used as role models to watch and that he’s heading for the catwalk himself. The only thing this post is missing is which does he prefer ketchup or brown sauce on his bacon.

You don’t have to be a private detective to know those things. He admitted watching Verratti and Kroos to improve himself on his twitter in the 2014-2015 period before his account was deactivated. Many of his posts throughout the 2014 World Cup were him raving about Toni Kroos’, seeing him as an inspiration. His coaches including Darren Wassall in the under 21s said that he is fit but his problem is a mental problem. He used to post many pictures on Instagram with him and Oxlade Chamberlain. His girlfriend is a model, I think most people who liked Thorne as a player and followed him on instagram know that by now. Those things are pretty much in the public domain.

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You don’t have to be a private detective to know those things. He admitted watching Verratti and Kroos to improve himself on his twitter in the 2014-2015 period before his account was deactivated. Many of his posts throughout the 2014 World Cup were him raving about Toni Kroos’, seeing him as an inspiration. His coaches including Darren Wassall in the under 21s said that he is fit but his problem is a mental problem. He used to post many pictures on Instagram with him and Oxlade Chamberlain. His girlfriend is a model, I think most people who liked Thorne as a player and followed him on instagram know that by now. Those things are pretty much in the public domain.

Can’t say I remember him Tweeting much but I’ll take your word for it.

As for mental problem that could be anything, not wanting to commit to tackles, put his body into places he usually would worrying about getting injured. It’s a big leap to say he’s lost passion for the game because Wassall once said he has a mental problem and diagnose him a chat with Oxlade Chamberlain.

Also my girlfriend works at Next, doesn’t mean I would end up there if I gave up working online. 

13 minutes ago, David said:

As for mental problem that could be anything, not wanting to commit to tackles, put his body into places he usually would worrying about getting injured. It’s a big leap to say he’s lost passion for the game because Wassall once said he has a mental problem and diagnose him a chat with Oxlade Chamberlain.

Also my girlfriend works at Next, doesn’t mean I would end up there if I gave up working online. 

I’m trying to find the tweets but I can’t because he’s deactivated his account. It definitely happened though, I remember derby fans tweeting him telling him to join permanently and joking that Thorne is Kroos’ Idol. It’s only my opinion but even when he came back from injury in 2015-2016, he didn’t look as happy as he did previously where he was playing with a smile in 2013-2014(I’m hesitant to go down this route because of the Ince and Butterfield thing), but to me something changed, and that was before the leg break. All them injuries, coming back and training harder, before getting injured again will inevitably wear you down. It’s mentally draining. You start to think what’s the point anymore, I’ve been there myself. Not playing properly with Luton will may make him lose a bit more confidence. I don’t know the severity of the leg break, but if it was the worst possible news like it was with Luke Shaw(close to losing his whole leg), then I wouldn’t blame him if he did lose his passion, all this is speculation of course. Long term health is far more important.Different scenario with Shaw too because Thorne has suffered two major injuries before that.

Thorne seems to be a bit of a poser who likes to take selfies of himself on instagram with his partner and he’s a good looking guy, he seems to have an interest in all that so it’s different to you and wanting to work at Next, which I’m assuming you have no interest in at all. I’m sure his girlfriend can pull a few strings if he wants to go down that route. I personally think that’s the most likely route he will go down if he decides to call it a day early. I guess we will see.

3 hours ago, David said:

So your present girlfriend is your Next girlfriend then, David? Good move. ??❤️

On 24/03/2019 at 10:39, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I remember the feeling after the game that even though we were in the play offs, that challenge had basically out an end to our season. 

I said at the time that it had reduced our chances by 40%. I was wrong. It reduced our chances by 100%. ??

8 hours ago, Rampage said:

I said at the time that it had reduced our chances by 40%. I was wrong. It reduced our chances by 100%. ??

That's not how % works ? 

Archived