Watchable telly

dog

2 hours ago, TimRam said:

Love, Death and Robots has good short scifi stories. 4th season has been commissioned.

Yeah I was like an addict when that was released. Watched last season in one sitting after definitley not organising work so I could have a day off. Because that would be sad.

I tried that Oates Studio thing on Netflix. The one that's from the the same person/people that wrote District 9. 

Felt more like a music video. Didn't make it very far in

Edited by Alpha

32 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah I was like an addict when that was released. Watched last season in one sitting after definitley not organising work so I could have a day off. Because that would be sad.

I tried that Oates Studio thing on Netflix. The one that's from the the same person/people that wrote District 9. 

Felt more like a music video. Didn't make it very far in

A few I liked in Oates Studio but Love, Death and Robots more consistent.

Apologies if it’s been mentioned but I don’t recall seeing it. 

Brotherhood (Paramount +}. Follows a familiar formula. Irish family. One brother a lawyer and public servant, another brother a returning gangster trying to reestablish himself as top dog. Decent acting and well made if not quite groundbreaking. Only a few episodes in so it could get even better. Well worth a watch. 

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Apologies if it’s been mentioned but I don’t recall seeing it. 

Brotherhood (Paramount +}. Follows a familiar formula. Irish family. One brother a lawyer and public servant, another brother a returning gangster trying to reestablish himself as top dog. Decent acting and well made if not quite groundbreaking. Only a few episodes in so it could get even better. Well worth a watch. 

Started watching this a while ago when it was on Sky.  About 4 episodes in it disappeared.  Was enjoying it though

Yellowstone is quality TV. One of the few shows me and the wife can actually sit and watch together without someone having to roll their eyes. I'm there for the drama and violence. She likes the good looking blokes riding on horses. I'd look good in leather too dear, honest ?

I've tried 2 of Cabinet of Curiosities and I don't think I can go on. 

I don't find it action packed enough to be action.

Witty enough to be dark comedy

Gory or scary enough to be horror. 

It seems to be reviewing well though. But not for me, this one.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I've tried 2 of Cabinet of Curiosities and I don't think I can go on. 

I don't find it action packed enough to be action.

Witty enough to be dark comedy

Gory or scary enough to be horror. 

It seems to be reviewing well though. But not for me, this one.

Not for me either. Too much squelching.

We didn't realise White Orchid was being drip fed in the old style after bingeing through season 1, so we moved on to Industry on Sky (I think)=, sorry Mrs Badger set it up).

An interesting start and a must watch for anybody who likes stuff with an abundance of drugs and rumpy pumpy.

Basically, it's set in The City and follows a bunch of graduates taken on by an investment firm. I shall report back as we get further in.

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

We didn't realise White Orchid was being drip fed in the old style after bingeing through season 1, so we moved on to Industry on Sky (I think)=, sorry Mrs Badger set it up).

An interesting start and a must watch for anybody who likes stuff with an abundance of drugs and rumpy pumpy.

Basically, it's set in The City and follows a bunch of graduates taken on by an investment firm. I shall report back as we get further in.

Industry is on BBC 2, so won't be available to those who never watch the BBC 

13 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

It was a slow burn, but very good. Probably belongs in the film thread though.

As I watched it, And it was on my Telly I thought this was a good place to put it ?, Nothing was fast paced in the 60s ?