Watchable telly

dog

Peaky Blinders redeemed itself with that last feature length episode of the series.

A new Thom Yorke track thrown into the mix, and Jason from the Sleaford Mods making an appearance only added to a heady brew.

9 hours ago, Rev said:

Peaky Blinders redeemed itself with that last feature length episode of the series.

A new Thom Yorke track thrown into the mix, and Jason from the Sleaford Mods making an appearance only added to a heady brew.

You thought so? I thought it had holes all over it.

Plot spoilers ahead - don't read if you haven't seen it.

• When did Johnny switch the bags? The Irish were sat in the car all the time.
  • What happened to the Winston Churchill link? It's been there for five series but just vanished?
  • What about Jack Nelson? He's been set up as the prime enemy whole series, doesn't even appear.
  • Arthur is now a qualified surgeon is he? Able to read an x-ray and diagnose it in an instant.
  • Why didn't they just shoot Tommy? Who cares what Poll said, this is not some kids cartoon with the most tenuous way of disposing of someone, just shoot him.
  • Duke discharges a bren gun in a closed room about three metres square and everyone is fine. There would be bullets ricocheting all over the place.
  • That chlorine gas would now be about 15 years old, it would have eaten through the casing years before.
  • Even if it hadn't, you'd be doing a little bit more than wheezing - you'd be foaming at the mouth. And putting a gas mask over your face wouldn't help one bit after you've breathed it in.
  • The surgeon asked his groundsman to 'sort out the gypsies at the top of the field' but then he goes and burns out a caravan in the middle of nowhere. And why would Tommy go there, the exact place where the doctor lived, before he knew the reasons behind his diagnosis?
  • Mosley storyline remained completely unresolved, we've had this for three seasons now - you can't just leave it with 'and then he got married'
  • Why would you blow up a house in the middle of nowhere to build houses, when he's just gone out and bought a load of land to build houses on?
  • And on, and on, and on.....

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

• What happened to the Winston Churchill link? It's been there for five series but just vanished?
  • What about Jack Nelson? He's been set up as the prime enemy whole series, doesn't even appear.
  • Arthur is now a qualified surgeon is he? Able to read an x-ray and diagnose it in an instant.
  • Why didn't they just shoot Tommy? Who cares what Poll said, this is not some kids cartoon with the most tenuous way of disposing of someone, just shoot him.
  • Duke discharges a bren gun in a closed room about three metres square and everyone is fine. There would be bullets ricocheting all over the place.
  • That chlorine gas would now be about 15 years old, it would have eaten through the casing years before.
  • Even if it hadn't, you'd be doing a little bit more than wheezing - you'd be foaming at the mouth. And putting a gas mask over your face wouldn't help one bit after you've breathed it in.
  • The surgeon asked his groundsman to 'sort out the gypsies at the top of the field' but then he goes and burns out a caravan in the middle of nowhere. And why would Tommy go there, the exact place where the doctor lived, before he knew the reasons behind his diagnosis?
  • Mosley storyline remained completely unresolved, we've had this for three seasons now - you can't just leave it with 'and then he got married'
  • Why would you blow up a house in the middle of nowhere to build houses, when he's just gone out and bought a load of land to build houses on?

I'm not that deep.

I just watched it for entertainment, not accuracy, after I'd watched Juv Vs Inter with a few beers taken.

On 01/04/2022 at 18:41, Tamworthram said:

Started watching ZeroZeroZero on NowTV as it’s created by the same person that created Gomorrah but I’m a little disappointed. Perhaps too Americanised.

I stuck with ZeroZeroZero, it was okay but not in the same league as Gomorrah sadly.  Currently enjoying TopBoy from the beginning as i never saw any of it.  I am quite impressed so far.

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

? 

I haven't seen it but read your post anyway. I won't bother then.

I enjoyed the first two series. Think I watched maybe the first half of season three, then gave up. 

?

I'm sorry to bang on about this as it's my third time mentioning it, but Top Boy is ducking brilliant.

We watched the last episode last night and that one episode was as good, or better, as any episode in Gomorrah.

I was worried that Top Boy wouldn't be as good as Top Boy Summerhouse when Netflix took over the production.

Well, it just got better and better. Whether that was because it got more violent as the characters developed or because the introduction of one of the scariest characters from Liverpool entered the fray, I'm not really sure. And btw, that character looked a lot like Ginny from Gomorrah and I wonder if that was intentional.

The acting was truly outstanding. 

Dialogue can be mumbly and I had to look up a lot of the urban slang as I'm an old fart, but seriously guys, it's like a UK Gomorrah.

So in case you didn't see my early post.

Watch Top Boy Summerhouse series 1 & 2 first and then go onto to Top Boy series 1 and 2 because they were made 10 years later and Netflix didn't want to confuse people do renamed the original Top Boy, Top Boy Summerhouse and then promptly confused every ducker. 

All are on Netflix.

I just gave it 10/10 on IMDb and I almost never do that.

16 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm sorry to bang on about this as it's my third time mentioning it, but Top Boy is ducking brilliant.

We watched the last episode last night and that one episode was as good, or better, as any episode in Gomorrah.

I was worried that Top Boy wouldn't be as good as Top Boy Summerhouse when Netflix took over the production.

Well, it just got better and better. Whether that was because it got more violent as the characters developed or because the introduction of one of the scariest characters from Liverpool entered the fray, I'm not really sure. And btw, that character looked a lot like Ginny from Gomorrah and I wonder if that was intentional.

The acting was truly outstanding. 

Dialogue can be mumbly and I had to look up a lot of the urban slang as I'm an old fart, but seriously guys, it's like a UK Gomorrah.

So in case you didn't see my early post.

Watch Top Boy Summerhouse series 1 & 2 first and then go onto to Top Boy series 1 and 2 because they were made 10 years later and Netflix didn't want to confuse people do renamed the original Top Boy, Top Boy Summerhouse and then promptly confused every ducker. 

All are on Netflix.

I just gave it 10/10 on IMDb and I almost never do that.

Been brilliant right from the get-go. Kano is annoyingly talented. Season 5 is confirmed and will be the final chapter. Should be a belter.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Been brilliant right from the get-go. Kano is annoyingly talented. Season 5 is confirmed and will be the final chapter. Should be a belter.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh Kano is really charismatic too. There's talk of Idris Elba being in the 5th series.

I want to know what happened to some of the kids from Summerhouse seasons! 

25 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've watched the first 2 episodes of the lfinal series of Peaky Blinders.

Does it get better?

It's not horrible, but I'm not sure I'd stick with it if I'd not watched the first 5. Certainly not even close to that standard and seems all a bit self-indulgent.

No it's dog poo.  Shame for what had started brilliant 5 years ago.  No real purpose for the whole Mosley thing at all and more holes than Swiss cheese.