Watchable telly

dog

4 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I liked it, but I am beginning to think I'm far more easily pleased than most 😂

We've given up on it. Can't really see it getting any better, and I don't really care about any of the characters

Netflix told me it was a 98% match for me, and it's listed in their top 10 shows this week

I probably should have checked Rotten Tomatoes first. It gets terrible ratings

image.png.9c7578c85c637a1a6e0f81791a4d4d5f.png

On the upside - the first trailer has dropped for Season 2 of Colin From Accounts 😁

23 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I only just realised it's a new series of The Responder. The first one was excellent, has anybody watched the new one yet?

Yeah, I've just watched the first episode and it looks as good as the first series. 

11 hours ago, NottsRam said:

So are you going to watch part two?

When was part 2 made? I feel like I watched it all... the last thing I saw was him muttering slightly incriminating stuff under his breath.

13 hours ago, Chester40 said:

When was part 2 made? I feel like I watched it all... the last thing I saw was him muttering slightly incriminating stuff under his breath.

It is newly released and is following Durst's trial for murdering Susan, seen the first two but have to wait as only release one at a time.

FInished Dopesick last night.

Very, very good.

A powerful look at the opioid crisis and how Purdue Pharma manipulated the system to make billions of dollars.

I like the way that, whereas the entire Sackler family looked bad, they didn't treat them as being evil. It strongly hinted at the cognitive biases that make us ALL think we're the good guys and that Richard Sackler, really thought he was healing the worlds pain

Michael Keaton was his usual excellent self, but honestly, Michael Stuhlbarg, playing Richard Sackler, was even better.

There wasn't a dud performance in the entire thing.

My only slight gripe was the frequency of flipping back and forth between the years. Probably a tad too much.

David Nish/10 (not the first 6 months).

It will either be The Responder or The @Comrade 86 recommended, We Own This City next

Opened this topic to say Clarkson’s Farm. It’s the reason why I missed the Northern Lights as I couldn’t not finish the last 4 episodes last night.

It’s the only TV series that could go on for another 20 years and never get old.

Hands down the best show on TV.

Entertainment, education, storyline, characters, it has everything and Pepper, oh Pepper, what an ending that was.

I’m ready for season 4 now.

18 minutes ago, Day said:

Opened this topic to say Clarkson’s Farm. It’s the reason why I missed the Northern Lights as I couldn’t not finish the last 4 episodes last night.

It’s the only TV series that could go on for another 20 years and never get old.

Hands down the best show on TV.

Entertainment, education, storyline, characters, it has everything and Pepper, oh Pepper, what an ending that was.

I’m ready for season 4 now.

*cough* spoilers *cough*

TBH I barely watch any TV now-a-days, but I could watch Clarksons Farm every night.  Growing up in the countryside as a youngster and messing around on my Grandparents farm, I love everything about farming.  The trials and tribulations they endure and the personality they bring to the show makes it essential watching for me.

Did you catch the sign on the Burger Stand?  Something along the lines of 'you've seen season 2, now eat the cast' 😛 

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

*cough* spoilers *cough*

TBH I barely watch any TV now-a-days, but I could watch Clarksons Farm every night.  Growing up in the countryside as a youngster and messing around on my Grandparents farm, I love everything about farming.  The trials and tribulations they endure and the personality they bring to the show makes it essential watching for me.

Did you catch the sign on the Burger Stand?  Something along the lines of 'you've seen season 2, now eat the cast' 😛 

Yeah I saw that 😂

They’ve nailed the branding all over the place 

Well the much-hyped new Doctor Who series has arrived with a double bill - I don’t really know where to start describing it, but not sure I’ll be watching the rest…

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Clarksons Farm Season 3

Another excellent year on the farm with Clarkson et al.  If you enjoyed the previous seasons you'll enjoy this - lots of ups and downs with some moments of genuine happiness/sadness. 

With season 4 already being filmed we've got at least another one to look forwards to 🙂

I loved one and I enjoyed season two, but it felt a lot more scripted/contrived. Still great value though, and I'll definitely check out the latest.

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Nice 'problem' tbf. Really liked both. 

Mrs Badger talked me into Slow Horses 3.

It veers from utterly brilliant to preposterous.

There is some great dialogue and acting from Oldman, but then Jack Lowden breaks out of MI5 headquarters through a service hatch ffs.

It has the potential to be one of the best programmes on TV, but let's itself down.

Or maybe it doesn't. Maybe I'm just a sad old man called Nursy with an udder fixation.

37 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Mrs Badger talked me into Slow Horses 3.

It veers from utterly brilliant to preposterous.

There is some great dialogue and acting from Oldman, but then Jack Lowden breaks out of MI5 headquarters through a service hatch ffs.

It has the potential to be one of the best programmes on TV, but let's itself down.

Or maybe it doesn't. Maybe I'm just a sad old man called Nursy with an udder fixation.

Loved 1 and 2. Sadly series 3 is all over the shop.

I jumped aboard the 'Baby Reindeer' juggernaut with Mrs Chester this week.

Started off really well and rattled through first episodes.  Obviously episode 4 was a bit of a departure and seemed unnecessarily focused on one aspect of the story whereas it had jumped around til that point.

Don't think it quite regained itself again but nevertheless a decent series with 2 great performances from the leads and amusing /believable scripts.