Watchable telly

dog

On 11/04/2023 at 22:44, Eddie said:

For the last couple of nights, we've been watching a short South African series called 'Unseen' about a nondescript cleaning lady searching for her husband who had just been released from prison, only for him to disappear mysteriously.

Pretty good, but got just a little predictable towards the end.

Yep, saw that, 6/10

On 13/04/2023 at 06:10, Chester40 said:

Beef

Everyone seems to be talking it up. 

Watched the first 3 episodes and it's well written, clever...slightly off beat.

Hard to really pigeon hole it. Part drama, part comedy, part reflection on stress/ society maybe.

The missus likes it too though, so definitely sticking with it.

Seen the first episode, quite decent start…

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Just binge-watching "Dead to me" on Netflix at the moment (the Memsahib's choice).

Pretty good overall really. A decent helping of quasi-tragic gallows humour

I enjoyed it. Said it before...I fancy her too which helps. 

On 13/04/2023 at 06:10, Chester40 said:

Beef

Everyone seems to be talking it up. 

Watched the first 3 episodes and it's well written, clever...slightly off beat.

Hard to really pigeon hole it. Part drama, part comedy, part reflection on stress/ society maybe.

The missus likes it too though, so definitely sticking with it.

I’m now on episode 6. As you say, slightly off beat but I’m enjoying it.

On 17/04/2023 at 10:24, Wolfie20 said:

Just watching Episode 3 of the current series - I was not expecting that!

Brilliant acting!

No, me neither.

It was brilliant acting and the camera work and editing is crazy good.

I have no clue what is going on half the time (in terms of who's buying who and why) and I'm not sure you're supposed to know, but it really doesn't matter.

32 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

No, me neither.

It was brilliant acting and the camera work and editing is crazy good.

I have no clue what is going on half the time (in terms of who's buying who and why) and I'm not sure you're supposed to know, but it really doesn't matter.

You probably know this already, but they shoot Succession on film. 

They shot the majority of that episode in 1 take, so had to conceal the canisters of film around the set in order to film it, as the film only lasts for 15 minutes, and the scene is a lot longer.

17 hours ago, Rev said:

You probably know this already, but they shoot Succession on film. 

They shot the majority of that episode in 1 take, so had to conceal the canisters of film around the set in order to film it, as the film only lasts for 15 minutes, and the scene is a lot longer.

I knew it was shot on film but I had no clue that was shot as one scene. A great job.

Have you ever seen the movie, Boiling Point with Stephen Graham? That entire film was shot in one go at the third attempt and I thought it was brilliant 

33 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I knew it was shot on film but I had no clue that was shot as one scene. A great job.

Have you ever seen the movie, Boiling Point with Stephen Graham? That entire film was shot in one go at the third attempt and I thought it was brilliant 

I haven't yet, it's on the neverending list.

Yesterday watched the real life drama story of Raoul Moat on ITV and then watched the real life documentary the manhunt for him, the tv drama was frightening/tense  because you knew he was going to kill that man and you was just waiting for that to come. I thought the documentary was excellent showing footage of the manhunt and talking to the police who were involved. 

4 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Yesterday watched the real life drama story of Raoul Moat on ITV and then watched the real life documentary the manhunt for him, the tv drama was frightening/tense  because you knew he was going to kill that man and you was just waiting for that to come. I thought the documentary was excellent showing footage of the manhunt and talking to the police who were involved. 

What was especially scary was the wave of support for Raoul Moat during and after the manhunt.

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

AnagRam you are so right I couldn't believe that. I will be honest I had forgot all about that. 

I think there are a lot of unhappy people in this country who are desperate to blame someone for their plight. That’s often positions of authority.

Everyone else has to change except them. I find it all rather sad.

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think there are a lot of unhappy people in this country who are desperate to blame someone for their plight. That’s often positions of authority.

Everyone else has to change except them. I find it all rather sad.

Yes you are so right, but I think it's just the way society is today.