V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

9 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Seriously then what was your opinion of Tomori for the first 2 goals .

At fault also, but he’s left exposed by Keogh. Teams have cottoned on to this and flaunt it. 

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

No I seriously think he had a hand to play in all 3 goals. His defensive positioning is awful and he exposes his team mates, thus is evident in all 3 goals. 

I've watched the goal back and can honestly not see any evidence of him playing any tangible part in goals 1 or 2. Game of opinions though. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Which makes it even more remarkable that we have the joint 6th best defence in the division! 

Something doesn’t quite add up.

6th best in terms of total number conceded, 14th by number of clean sheets.

Either way, it could be better.

Continuing my pet theme of the moment.

Alternative league table stats ( taking top 10 sides )

Goals for puts us 8th

Goals against puts us 4th equal

6th is therefore a fair reflection of where we are and if any area should be under scrutiny it is our attacking qualities rather than Keogh/Bogle/Tomori 

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Can we please stop this "anyone who criticises Keogh knows nothing about football" narrative.

The guy wears his heart on his sleeve, is good at carrying it out of defence and is brave enough to keep trying to do that even when not playing very well. But, he is poor positionally, prone to errors and can be bullied by big bar steward strikers.

This is not new, he's been the same for the last 10 years. It won't change. He looks good with a good partner (Davies last season) and a good full back alongside him. We don't have those currently.

Our full backs are allowing far to many crosses to come in to our box we have a keeper who is not commanding his area enough and two centre halves who are not strong enough in the air and zero protection from Tom Huddlestone as DM. I would play Pearce on Sat to give us a aerial presence in our own box as Tomori clearly needs a break.

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Please check their 1st goal, who’s the CB getting dragged out wide and out of position,  leaving a big gap in the middle. Check the 2nd goal out, Mcgoldrick played onside by guess who?!?! 3rd goal, who was he marking, the blokes in no mans land ? Please let me know what part of this is having a good game. 

I dont know anything about football though (only been watching it 37 years) so could be wrong. 

Your right, keogh’s fault wisdom forgot to jump and also keogh’s fault Bogle didn’t pick his man up . 

How silly of me to assume it wasn’t all keogh’s fault.

Didnt realise watching football for 37 years makes you a qualified manager , I assume you was on the short list when Rowett walked .

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Goal 1 - Wilson didn’t track the run from the fullback(?) who crossed in, he tries to catch up to block but it’s too late. Keogh followed the forward who came short. Tomori stood still to give Sharp the free header. Verdict: Keogh did nothing wrong.

Goal 2 - Poor header by Huddlestone straight onto the head of their mid, ball loops over our defence as Tomori lets McGoldrick get the wrong side of him. Carson rushes out too soon and gets lobbed. Keogh not at fault. 

Goal 3 - freekick goes into the back post. Mount doesn’t follow his runner who has a free header. Bogle and Keogh lose their men at the far post. Keogh’s man has a free header and scores. Verdict: Keogh partially at fault

Please remove this quote, as it doesn’t fall into the it’s all Keogh’s fault category?

On a serious note good to see other supporters actually watching the game and watching the play rather than just the obligatory weve conceded it’s Keogh’s fault quotes.

2 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Your right, keogh’s fault wisdom forgot to jump and also keogh’s fault Bogle didn’t pick his man up . 

How silly of me to assume it wasn’t all keogh’s fault.

Didnt realise watching football for 37 years makes you a qualified manager , I assume you was on the short list when Rowett walked .

Nope wasn’t on the list, shame think I’d do a good job . Anyway my main point to you oh so clever one, was  having an opinion doesn’t make me a PlayStation Manager. 

Those things will obviously weren’t Keoghs fault however the things I mentioned earlier contributed to the goals, and the same things happen week in week out. 

So to bring everyone up to speed the majority on here are now blaming the defenders for conceding too many and the attackers for not scoring enough, and have totally forgotten about blaming the midfielders who are supposed to be doing all 3 jobs for the price of one, but are struggling to do 1 job for the price of 3.

And on that note I'm having another drink, as I can see clearly now.

Ps........Look Jimmy is wearing a Rams scalf at the beginning.........later he's looking for a Cliff to jump off.......arrgh!

7 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Please check their 1st goal, who’s the CB getting dragged out wide and out of position,  leaving a big gap in the middle. Check the 2nd goal out, Mcgoldrick played onside by guess who?!?! 3rd goal, who was he marking, the blokes in no mans land ? Please let me know what part of this is having a good game. 

I dont know anything about football though (only been watching it 37 years) so could be wrong. 

Are you really digging a player out for picking up a spare man rather than standing where you think he should have been, which still wouldn’t have given him a chance of defending the cross or compete for the header?

Really is mad the lengths people will go to to bash him. 

50 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

At fault for killing JFK?

Was this on his way home from Wembley by any chance ?

Not really, but he wandered so far away from his proper position that he found himself in the USA in a completely different era.  So while he was there he thought he would do a bit of pigeon shooting, but ended up hitting JFK. 

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

Show me a ball playing CB at this level and I'm sure he'll have had some right costly errors. Even Curtis Davies. It's alright heading and kicking but his passing does nothing to help the team keep control.

I'd like to see the howlers made by Keogh compared to any one other centre-half playing this season for promotion contenders in our division. Obviously you have to exclude Tomori!

11 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Looking at many of your previous posts it seems obvious that you have an axe to grind as far as Keogh us concerned - he must have done something dreadful to you in a previous life. Based on your assessment of him based on pure footballing ability, you haven't got a clue!

When roy McFarland made his debut for derby I thought wow ,this guy is a gem.when I saw Keogh play his first game ,I thought dear me why the hell have we signed this guy. on pure football ability he is 3rd rate. he may be a smashing human being but not a good footballer for me.

Archived