V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Not really, but he wandered so far away from his proper position that he found himself in the USA in a completely different era.  So while he was there he thought he would do a bit of pigeon shooting, but ended up hitting JFK. 

Would I be right in thinking at the time our midfielders were pulling the clays  in the direction of JFK, and Keogh did what he was supposed to do and hit in that direction, hitting JFK then getting the blame, while the midfielders simply shrugged there shoulders and walked off . 

We once had a top central defence pairing called McFarland and Todd , don't remember them EVER making many mistakes , Sir Brian simply would not allow it. Ask yourselves where do we want to be ? , now ask what do we need to get there ?  ...........follow my drift ?

14 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

We once had a top central defence pairing called McFarland and Todd , don't remember them EVER making many mistakes , Sir Brian simply would not allow it. Ask yourselves where do we want to be ? , now ask what do we need to get there ?  ...........follow my drift ?

I once saw Toddy make a mistake!

it was v huddersfield at home. He took a free kick 30 yards from our goal andpassed it straight to their centre forward frank worthington. This meant that Frank was clean through on goal with only the keeper to beat and he had a ten yard start on any defender.

toddy simply moved into overdrive, caught him up, and whipped the ball of his toes with an immaculate tackle, before motoring away calmness personified.

if i didn't know better i'd say he did it deliberately just to show how fookin brilliant he was.

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It really is like Groundhog Day on here when we lose.

I agree that everybody is entitled to their opinion but, for me, anyone who has come on here and think Keogh is the first port of call for criticism on the back of yesterday's game, I can't honestly believe that they've even watched the game.

That defensive display from Tomori yesterday will be as bad a performance that you will see all season. The full backs inability to stop crosses is awful. Yet people come on here slating Keogh. I'm honestly lost for words with anyone that lays the blame for any of the goals at Keoghs door.

Haters gonna hate though I suppose.

excellent post 

2 hours ago, KCG said:

I'd like to see the howlers made by Keogh compared to any one other centre-half playing this season for promotion contenders in our division. Obviously you have to exclude Tomori!

I can only tell you from what I've seen but I've seen howlers by WBA defenders and Ayala. That RB WBA have on loan I watched in back to back games have a mare and give away goals. 

I've seen Flint hit a back pass to a striker. Made note of that because he's supposedly miles better than Keogh. "Solid" they say.

But who sees other defenders as often as we see Keogh. All you can go off is what you've seen a lot of. Which will be Derby defenders like Leacock, Barker, Buxton, Shackell, Shotton, Whitbread, Albentosa, Davies, Tomori, Pearce, Anderson and probably a load more recently forgotten. 

Keogh imo ranks high on that list. As good as Barker was at last ditch defending he would struggle to play out under Lampard. Same as Davies. Certainly Keogh is the most creative defender of them all. 

14 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

So you reckon you're more clued up than all our previous and present manager then.

No, no I don't but I can see a donkey when he trots about. You don't need to be clued up to see Messi is brilliant or Ali dia was a joke. I want him to be good, I want us to win the league but it'll never happen with him playing regularly. Oh and by the way, for what it's worth, I've two FIFA coaching badges?

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

No, no I don't but I can see a donkey when he trots about. You don't need to be clued up to see Messi is brilliant or Ali dia was a joke. I want him to be good, I want us to win the league but it'll never happen with him playing regularly. Oh and by the way, for what it's worth, I've two FIFA coaching badges?

Well that's just totally devalued the badges - I always thought they were an indicator of at least a minimal level of football knowledge.

6 hours ago, Derby blood said:

For myself and many other, right minded Derby fans Keogh has been our most consistent defender for years, will be sorely missed when he leaves, Keogh like myself and many others,   we can see you are proud to be a Ram, Mr Keogh us TRUE Rams love you.

What makes a TRUE Ram? Just wondering 

6 hours ago, Xlor said:

Who did you steal them from.

7 hours ago, Xlor said:

Gary Neville’s got his fifa coaching badges, just thought i’d drop that in .?

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Someone who supports the club through thick and thin, and gets behind the team, a person who gives support to our great club, that is what I consider a TRUE supporter.

Ah good I’m in the gang then! 

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

I can only tell you from what I've seen but I've seen howlers by WBA defenders and Ayala. That RB WBA have on loan I watched in back to back games have a mare and give away goals. 

I've seen Flint hit a back pass to a striker. Made note of that because he's supposedly miles better than Keogh. "Solid" they say.

But who sees other defenders as often as we see Keogh. All you can go off is what you've seen a lot of. Which will be Derby defenders like Leacock, Barker, Buxton, Shackell, Shotton, Whitbread, Albentosa, Davies, Tomori, Pearce, Anderson and probably a load more recently forgotten. 

Keogh imo ranks high on that list. As good as Barker was at last ditch defending he would struggle to play out under Lampard. Same as Davies. Certainly Keogh is the most creative defender of them all. 

Aiden Flint’s a proper donkey, he’s a goal scoring Alex Pearce at best 

8 hours ago, Xlor said:

God save us from coaching badges 

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

Lies.

Keogh is the only defender in this division that makes mistakes! ?

Last week I asked if the people that want Keogh out could name a better CB that doesn’t make mistakes that we could get in for the 1 million Keogh cost?

Surprisingly I didn’t get a response!

And that’s the rub, despite what they say we have one of the better championship CB’s already at the club and he only costs us wages now. Sure he’s not perfect but you’re going to have to spend a hell of a lot of cash to improve on him and as other managers have also realised, that money needs spending in other areas.

On 27/12/2018 at 12:30, TexasRam said:

Please check their 1st goal, who’s the CB getting dragged out wide and out of position,  leaving a big gap in the middle. Check the 2nd goal out, Mcgoldrick played onside by guess who?!?! 3rd goal, who was he marking, the blokes in no mans land ? Please let me know what part of this is having a good game. 

I dont know anything about football though (only been watching it 37 years) so could be wrong. 

As a converse to your watching football for 37 years I’ve been going out with or married to women for about the same time and I certainly know nothing about them.

Archived