V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the Defending was Shambolic most of the time they were marking space, not men.

They actually or need a rest but how can we I think we must consider 3 at the back.

We have Big problems we may even have to go 4-4-2 against Norwich we need to keep our shape more move Waghorn up front with Marriott.

Big test for Frank

Frank has to take responsibility for the selection yesterday, he got it wrong, simple as that. 

Josefzoon for Waghorn was just bizarre, you have to feel for Waghorn I’d be furious if I was dropped after scoring last week for someone to replace me who looked like he no idea what to do. The whole of Derbyshire could see it, why couldn’t Frank

We keep playing the same players who have out of form garbage for weeks, Bryson hasn’t had a decent game in how long now? But he’s still the first name on the team sheet 

Mount likewise, he’s done nothing for weeks, he doesn’t affect games like he used to, he needs resting or dropping for a couple of games 

I love frank, don’t get me wrong and I still believe he’ll come good, probably next season but he’s got to stop making the same selection mistakes time and time again

10 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Using Frank Lampards favourite phrase "Let's have it right" we have been poor for a while now but somehownhave managed to stick around the top 6 mix. 

I went today and was so disappointed with our performance and the game. 

I have to say I'm glad a few more are realising Fikayo Tomori is by far the answer at the back. His pace is his only saving grace. He has been at fault countless times this season yet doesn't seem to get the criticism he deserves. He seems to play as if he's above the team and this league, yet he is a poor defender, with his judgement and positioning killing us hence our lack of clean sheets. 

Bogle and Wisdom on the whole I thought did OK. I heard the Lampard interview and we did seem to get on top of Sheff U towards the end of the first half but you have to strike when on top and we've not done that in a number of games now. 

Even when we got level, that was the time to get on top and attack them. At this point Wilsons goal which was incredible being 4 rows back behind the goal just papered over the cracks for me. Lampard is very reactive at the moment to change things. Jozefzoon may as well not been there. Not beating his man once, no crosses and severe lack of support for Bogle. Are you Abdul Camara in disguise? 

We move the ball far too slow but our rigidness to play the ball even when we've been pressed and players are marked is so frustrating. There is nothing wrong with mixing your game up and playing direct to get into the final third where you can then play your football. This for me is a huge reason Marriott gets so little service. 

How many clear cut chances did we actually create today? 

I've received pelters on Twitter for slamming the  performance and daring to question Lampards selection and tactics today. Keyword being today. Im still fully behind Frank but today was a shocker and those paying fans have every right to vent a little anger/disappointment/frustration after standing through that In Sheffield. 

You are allowed an opinion and just because we've got a bright young manager he can still be criticised. It does seem at the moment you're either blinded by the FL lights still and have the stock "would you prefer Rowett ball?" This is naive. Move on! If anyone was happy with today then they need to give up! Same goes for Bristol City at home Iust say! 

I'm not saying we would have won today with Waghorn playing but why he thought playing Jozefzoon over Waghorn was the best way to go I'm still baffled. Waghorn is stronger, more aggressive and just scored a goal in his last game. Players with character were missing today, Waghorn is one of few we have who can give us some guts and guile! 

I'm going to Norwich but not holding my breath after today. 

I thought the team selection would have been obvious today, God knows what he'll go to for Norwich after today. 

But no matter what probably Keoghs fault, Nugent starts a bounce so he's OK, Tomori is 21 and quick so it can't be his fault and if you dare to question tactics or selection from FL you are a toxic waste of space... 

Can't wait for Delia's Batternberg barmy army... ?

Up the Rams ? 

Lampard got his selection wrong today 100%, you’re not alone in that thinking 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Team for Norwich... 

Carson 

Bogle Keogh Tomori (any fit left back - macdonald maybe?) 

Evans 

Mount Wilson 

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence (if fit) 

Mac Injured at the moment mate 

9 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Guessing you've had a day in the ale ? Not a chance to is will start over Carson , not saying I'm all out pro Carson , I'm not but Roos is nowhere near .

Not a full day on the ale! But if people were not selected then they shouldn’t have any complaints 

2 hours ago, Owd miner said:

No bud it's a free country and I can say my opinion. You have yours I have mine .

For anyone in doubt what this means, I confirm: “Nah me owd, I’ll have me two penneth, and youse are a scab. Oft darn pit now for more elocution lessons”

14 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Imo he's a decent championship CB and the current and previous managers seem to think the same. As for the Alfreton Town comment you're taking the piss or you haven't got a clue what you're on about. 

I love to see this argument, all the previous managers who have failed and got the sack you mean? And yes, there have been better centre halves at Alfreton town so by the looks of things it's you that doesn't have a clue. He's simply not good enough.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Sick of us gifting goals to other sides, a Wilson wonder goal papering over the cracks before capitulating with poor defending. 

Lampard needs to go back to basics. Stop tinkering and get a settled side sorted. Pass and move. 

We make so many changes each week and most of them the wrong ones, Leeds and Norwich both have a settled 11 most weeks, we are making it impossible to win by gifting teams goals and not being able to score! Recently we should of battered Swansea only managed 2 hardly created anything v Bristol and sheff United poor vs 10 man Wigan, created f all vs stoke... 

All a manager needs to tell his side is get down the line cross it in and they’ve scored. We let every ball just get crossed in and we don’t win the headers! I’m worried for Saturday 

2 minutes ago, Xlor said:

I love to see this argument, all the previous managers who have failed and got the sack you mean? And yes, there have been better centre halves at Alfreton town so by the looks of things it's you that doesn't have a clue. He's simply not good enough.

So you reckon you're more clued up than all our previous and present manager then.

2 hours ago, Turnstile said:

he was no good for them 7 /8 years ago and still no good.

Looking at many of your previous posts it seems obvious that you have an axe to grind as far as Keogh us concerned - he must have done something dreadful to you in a previous life. Based on your assessment of him based on pure footballing ability, you haven't got a clue!

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Team for Norwich... 

Carson 

Bogle Keogh Tomori (any fit left back - macdonald maybe?) 

Evans 

Mount Wilson 

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence (if fit) 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Mac Injured at the moment mate 

I think he might mean this one ronald-mcdonald--c8faab53ed9ae8b1.thumb.jpg.b4fb2c24f514e89d4c90e37dde4b257b.jpg

15 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Define failure for me? 

Because if you say promotion was expected after Clough signed him and then after Mac took over then you have no idea where we are coming from. We don't belong in the PL. We have no right to be there. So while our objective is promotion that's also the same for 23 other teams. Winning the PL is the objective for  Spurs. Will Pochettino go down as a failure? 

And did all our previous managers get sacked? And was it all results based? 

30 minutes ago, Xlor said:

So on the basis that a player who gets picked by managers who subsequently get the sack is the reason for failure then it's just as well we got shut of Will Hughes when we did. 

2 hours ago, Turnstile said:

he was no good for them 7 /8 years ago and still no good.

He was at Cov 7/8 years ago, winning Player of the Year and Players Player of the Year. Playing really well which was the reason Nigel shelled out a considerable amount of his budget on him. 

If we're going to have a go at him let's stop making up crap just to fit an argument. 

People are weird over Keogh. Proper weird. 

If he messes up then he gets stick. If someone else messes up then it's his fault because he didn't organise them. 

Maybe, Just maybe we'd also not concede goals if the front 5 had any discipline. 

He makes mistakes. So does the Aiden Flint or whichever CB people think is a titan. Show me a ball playing CB at this level and I'm sure he'll have had some right costly errors. Even Curtis Davies. It's alright heading and kicking but his passing does nothing to help the team keep control. 

You can find a fault in anyone. But it's about weighing the positives with the negatives. Keogh does far more good than bad. I could however name a couple of midfielders right now that are making very few errors but do completely nothing useful to the team.

Archived