V Norwich (H) Match Thread

Millenniumram

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Bennett has been quiet. Bryson has run around a lot but no real purpose. Malone has put some good crosses in. I feel we need a Jack Marriott up front to pick up the pieces. Nugent is too slow, maybe one game too many

Nugent hasn't looked that slow. He's broke a couple times with the ball and chased it all half. He's been quite isolated at times so I don't know if Marriott would have been able to do much more than Nugent has done so far, other than perhaps gamble in the six-yard box.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kernow said:

Nugent hasn't looked that slow. He's broke a couple times with the ball and chased it all half. He's been quite isolated at times so I don't know if Marriott would have been able to do much more than Nugent has done so far, other than perhaps gamble in the six-yard box.

I think the cross over the 6 yard box, the cross into the near post, and the cross that Krul dropped would have all had Marriott at least sniffing around. 

I really like Nugent, but he's a spectator for the vast majority of crosses we put in. 

We're doing fine, looking good in periods and a bit sloppy in others. The main issue for us is we are still lacking a cutting edge. Love Nuge he gets through loads of work but doesn't seem to be in the right place at the right time these days. 

Pretty much a summary of our season so far there. Good control and quick movement, but a lack of any quality of a final ball, and the odd defensive error/poor reading putting us under pressure. Noticeable lack of gambling on crosses too. Bennett off and Waghorn on for me, tho josefzoon would have been made for this game I reckon....

Only caught glimpses. Can see all the second half so it's bound to pick up. I do not get some refs though. Wilson's free kick was clearly handled in the wall on the D (not a pen but a much better opportunity) and he gives a corner. The ref is looking right at it. The player sticks out his elbow to block, and the ref ignores it. 

Great run and shot by Mount. Well done young man. Not enough interplay and energy from the forwards from what I've seen so far. 

I don't agree with the comment I saw suggesting the first half was boring. 

The football game in the first half was very enjoyable.

The atmosphere is completely stagnant though. 

Archived