Carabao Cup 4th Round Draw - Chelsea (A)

Kernow

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We've been drawn away to Chelsea, predictable.

No Mount. No Tomori. Guaranteed telly.

I think rules are a little different in the cup.

6.3 Players registered on a temporary basis will not be eligible to play unless the Club holding his full registration gives its written consent (also subject to any restrictions on the number of loan players prescribed by applicable Premier League Rules or League Regulations).

So the answer is probably still no, but you never know!

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

11 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I think rules are a little different in the cup.

6.3 Players registered on a temporary basis will not be eligible to play unless the Club holding his full registration gives its written consent (also subject to any restrictions on the number of loan players prescribed by applicable Premier League Rules or League Regulations).

So the answer is probably still no, but you never know!

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

Saw that on Twitter and didn't know those were the actual rules. But I can't recall any players playing against parent teams in domestic football. I know it's happened in European competitions but I think the rule there is that loan players can't be prevented from playing against their parent side which is a good rule in my opinion.

I'm going to go with the assumption that Mount and Tomori won't play, which makes us considerably weaker if you look at the influence they had versus United. Chelsea are the one side I wanted us to avoid and all.

3 minutes ago, Waffle said:

Seen it on twitter.

would Mount want to play against Chelsea? 

Depends on the loan contract. They could if Chelsea allows them, but i'm sure they won't be because they won't want their own players scoring against them to knock them out of the cup. There's always a chance, though!

Just now, Kernow said:

Saw that on Twitter and didn't know those were the actual rules. But I can't recall any players playing against parent teams in domestic football. I know it's happened in European competitions but I think the rule there is that loan players can't be prevented from playing against their parent side which is a good rule in my opinion.

I'm going to go with the assumption that Mount and Tomori won't play, which makes us considerably weaker if you look at the influence they had versus United. Chelsea are the one side I wanted us to avoid and all.

Lomana Lua Lua scored for Portsmouth against his parent club, Newcastle in the premier league. I remember it so well because its so rare

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/lualua-loan-deal-backfires-on-newcastle-85058.html

Archived