Carabao Cup 4th Round Draw - Chelsea (A)

Kernow

13 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

These cups are just about getting a good pay day for the club. Between Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge, plus a couple of TV appearances we should be looking at a couple of million extra income that wasn't in the financial forecasts for this season. Two games that will cover all the income from drop on attendances were suffering this season. 

And there is me thinking football is about winning games. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Do you think we could get a definitive answer from DCFC as to whether

Mason and Fikayo can play ??

Chelsea are well known for blocking loan players from playing against them. But there's Frank. I don't think we would have had the slightest chance of signing either Tomori or Mount without him, and especially with the Hisser in charge, so you never know.

Will Chelsea throw another favour to one of their own?

25 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

That was a bit weird, the guy on the train with the beard is me cousin Russell!

That's brilliant, are you in touch, does he know he's trending right now on DCFCfans forum?

Does he know his beard is actually fashionable now??

(apologies btw if owts happened to him)

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

That's brilliant, are you in touch, does he know he's trending right now on DCFCfans forum?

Does he know his beard is actually fashionable now??

(apologies btw if owts happened to him)

Ha, ha... Nah, he's still around and I occasionally run into him in various alehouses on match days... No beard anymore though. 

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Chelsea away - Good draw in half term week and hopefully we can sell out and have a good go!

However how the feck have we been draw away 4/4 times in cup!

I know - it must be billions to one.

(15-1 actually)

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Wouldn’t it be 16-1 ?

No. That would be 1 chance in 17. Guessing heads or tails is 'even money' or 1-1.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

According to ESPN the pair won't be allowed to play. No huge surprise and an opportunity for the others.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-carabao-cup/story/3653469/chelsea-loanees-mason-mount-and-fikayo-tomori-wont-play-for-derby-county-sources

"Chelsea see no reason to make an exception to what is considered standard industry practice when it comes to loan agreements between English clubs."

16 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

According to ESPN the pair won't be allowed to play. No huge surprise and an opportunity for the others.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-carabao-cup/story/3653469/chelsea-loanees-mason-mount-and-fikayo-tomori-wont-play-for-derby-county-sources

"Chelsea see no reason to make an exception to what is considered standard industry practice when it comes to loan agreements between English clubs."

I don't think Chelsea will have made a decision yet.

I think whether or not Chelsea allow Mount and Tomori to play will depend on how strong a side Sarri intends to put out. If they're going to be resting half their first team, they're not going to risk getting knocked out by their own players.

But a near full strength side? They wouldn't see a huge risk and there'd be something to seeing their loanees play against their first team counterparts in a competitive setting.

I think its definitely more likely they don't allow them to play though.

Looking forward to this game, unable to go to old Trafford due to being on holiday in Poland, will deffo make this game though, can we pull off another shock, I think it is written in the stars , that Frank will go back to Stamford bridge and put one over his old club? Well that's what I will be hoping for, Bryson to win it with a last minute winner. Chelsea fans unsure if to cry or cheer, when there top scorer of all time puts one over them.

Archived