v Rotherham United (A) Match Thread

rynny

8 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Joel passed out before the game we had to wait for the Mrs,Rotherham security basically attacked me for taking him the wrong way,which was the way they told me.

Hope hes ok.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mozza said:

Not liking the sound of this,  hope everything is ok now? 

You know what’s mate,i’ll post on it in a bit.

Joel’s ok but I nearly had to press the panic button,I made a mistake taking him.

What happened after was unbelievable,Rotherham should be ashamed.

Joel’s in bed he’s ok.

Feel like we have let ourselves down vs one of the "easier" away teams in the league

I think we will drop off the play off places once our fixture list gets harder.. but I would have taken 12th at start of season with more attacking football and introduction of youth

27 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Awful performance Never thought I would say it Unless Nugent plays we have no energy.

But the only positive is Lawrence getting sent off we will be a better side and hopefully, he won't get back in

Bennett on left and Waghorn on right let's move on quickly

I suspect he was saving nugent for tuesday.

We aren’t playing/don’t have the players to play it out from the back. The defence potentially could but it’s the midfield. We don’t have anybody who can play in the pockets and move the ball through the thirds nor do we have a controller. 

The change to 4-2-3-1 hasn’t helped. To play it out from the back in a 4-2-3-1 you need mobile full-backs who link up well with their wingers and tidy and energetic midfielders, the latter of which we don’t have.

If we don’t find a better balance in midfield I think we’ll end up having to revert to Rowettball.

We got what we deserved today, so poor.

Never a red for me, silly tackle yes..... thought the reaction got him sent tbh, also never a pen in a million years for me.

Thought the ref was reactive rather than proactive and through out. That’s coming from the biggest defender of officials you can get.

Onwards and upwards, I’m sure some “journo(s)” on here are rejoicing that Lawerence is now out for 3 games.

Much love 

Annoying result, annoying performance. If not nipped in the bud, this is the sort of game/performance that has historically had knock on effects for us. It reminded me of the Sheffield Wednesday away game last season, we played them on 13th February and we didn't win again until 2nd April. 

All eyes look towards Blackburn on Tuesday. 

Archived