v Rotherham United (A) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights, yes Lawrence tackle was daft & needless but its not a red, their player made a meal of it and its their players reaction that turns it into a red. Also, never a penalty, ref is closer and linesman is calling it looking at it from behind the players. Their player runs across Forsyth and actuallt clips him making Forsyth go down first, if anything its a foul to us not a penalty.

Didnt show our penalty decision which sounds like on another day it would've been given but overall from listening to the game and the highlights the officials were beyond a joke.

58 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m calling for him to be dropped indefinitely. We’re a better team without him.

It’s not his lack of ability which bothers me so it’s his arrogance and self belief he’s a star player It seems he is making no effort whatsoever to change his style of play.

It’s the same crap over and over. Head down, don’t pass, ballhog, use teammates as decoys to try and grab the glory and now he’s added another. Taking freekicks from positions when it’s obvious a teammate has a better chance of scoring.

He didn’t deserve to come back into the XI. And he ultimately cost us the game.

There are several front three combos we can go with. Any of them including Lawrence as a first-teamer should be at least fourth in the pecking order.

So it comes down to something you’ve just plucked out of thin air..... should do you well in aspiring to be a journalist. This is why I find your arguments baseless and without thought..... On most footballing opinion. You’ve judged him to be the bad guy whenever he doesn’t do something to standard.... it’s like other players who get it in the neck.....

You are click bait opinions..... yep I’ve fallen for it in the past, but forgive my brain reading your absolute drivel and barrage..... this is 2018, put your 2010 World Cup Stationary and Sticker Album away, it’s been and gone. 

37 minutes ago, Gritters said:

What are them circumstances? He can’t pass?

All I can think is that you must hate him and close your eyes to every pass, he had a good game today including an incredible pass in the first half.  For god sake give our guys a chance.  Don’t let your prejudices colour your judgement. He has plenty of poor games but today wasnt one of them

As BC always said don’t antagonise the officials.  With this ref he appeared to want to make a name for himself.  Inconsistent too a degree beyond belief.  We didn’t manage him very well did we?  Moaning at him all the time achieved nothing but a sending off, a penalty and a number of bookings

38 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

So it comes down to something you’ve just plucked out of thin air..... should do you well in aspiring to be a journalist. This is why I find your arguments baseless and without thought..... On most footballing opinion. You’ve judged him to be the bad guy whenever he doesn’t do something to standard.... it’s like other players who get it in the neck.....

You are click bait opinions..... yep I’ve fallen for it in the past, but forgive my brain reading your absolute drivel and barrage..... this is 2018, put your 2010 World Cup Stationary and Sticker Album away, it’s been and gone. 

How have I plucked it out of thin air? The guy has been the sane since he’s been here.

I’m talking on-field personality. He could be the nicest guy in the squad off the pitch. 

But on the field he doesn’t play for the team. It’s all ‘me, me, me’ and it doesn’t take a genius to work out such selfish play from an average play is detrimental to the team. If he’s as good as Ronaldo, then you can accept that, but he’s a mediocre Championship player who plays like someone who believes he’s a worldbeater.

Also, I don’t aspire to be a journalist. Not in the slightest.

58 minutes ago, Topram said:

I’ll agree with you always gets stick but he puts himself about 

As a pure screen he’s an absolute beast, best we’ve had defensively since we introduced the role under McClaren.

But his passing’s sooooooo sloppy. He should be nowhere near a side that intends to play ‘football’. 

He’d be perfect in that role for somebody like Cardiff but he hinders us as much as he helps us. 

30 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Th midfield balance just isn’t there. It needs to be sorted if we are going to achieve anything this season. We shouldn’t let a couple of scrappy wins to-date hide the fact that we still need that midfield general around which Mount, Johnson etc can play. Mount was excellent today...

Good shout. The midfield is a mess, chopping and changing most games (yes maybe through injury), no bite, let’s hope Evans has this. Mount is a talent but I question whether we are making progress honestly? The Rowett haters (for which I was one) will say we are, but this ain’t going to work and I can’t say I have really been entertained yet. Huddlestone was going to be the midfield saviour and deep down we all know he ain’t. Losing to the likes of Rotherham is something we’ve seen time and time again over the last few years. 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Agree, but can’t  pass to one of our players to save his life though 

15 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Good shout. The midfield is a mess, chopping and changing most games (yes maybe through injury), no bite, let’s hope Evans has this. Mount is a talent but I question whether we are making progress honestly? The Rowett haters (for which I was one) will say we are, but this ain’t going to work and I can’t say I have really been entertained yet. Huddlestone was going to be the midfield saviour and deep down we all know he ain’t. Losing to the likes of Rotherham is something we’ve seen time and time again over the last few years. 

I’d say we’re still two midfielders away from being functional, be it Thorne finding former glories and Bryson staying fit or Evans and Butterfield showing they can provide the right balance.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

As BC always said don’t antagonise the officials.  With this ref he appeared to want to make a name for himself.  Inconsistent too a degree beyond belief.  We didn’t manage him very well did we?  Moaning at him all the time achieved nothing but a sending off, a penalty and a number of bookings

Two sendings off!

Don't forget Lamps!?

Archived