v Rotherham United (A) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mental challenge by Lawrence.

Wasn't a penalty.

BUT, listening to Radio Derby it's like I was watching a different game! Either team could have scored 3, but overall both teams were about even and a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result. 

At the end of the day, we were a bit lacking in the middle of the park and didn't have the right striker on the pitch for this game, but the only big difference was the linesman who gave the non penalty. Not great, but not a wrist-slashing performance either.

8 minutes ago, jono said:

I’m just going to have to spend this evening reading everyone’s match reports  because I’ve almost nothing to say and will have to sulk, pout and whatever until Tuesday evening. 

Sounds as if a gritty organised side just out thought us. ?

I’ll be the same mate, going to the pub shortly to try and forget about it ... although being in Nottingham I’m sure they’ll be plenty to remind me how we got on 

sounds like what Millwall did to us tbh 

organised and physical out did us 

That day too, with a couple of lacks in concentration to boot 

Just now, Ramitupper said:

Mental challenge by Lawrence.

Wasn't a penalty.

BUT, listening to Radio Derby it's like I was watching a different game! Either team could have scored 3, but overall both teams were about even and a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result. 

At the end of the day, we were a bit lacking in the middle of the park and didn't have the right striker on the pitch for this game, but the only big difference was the linesman who gave the non penalty. Not great, but not a wrist-slashing performance either.

Anything other than a 3-0+ win sounds like a loss on Radio Derby. A loss sounds like we need to sack all of our players, and then we wonder why so many people have complete meltdowns on here when we lose.

It's not because we've lost, it's because they've been told by sources they trust that none of the players even tried. Really grates me. 

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

You didnt have a competition to see which child could throw their seat the furthest did you?

Derby losing to rubbish teeny-tiny, inelegant nothing team while idiots throw chairs. Thought Frank was a great leap forward not taking us back in time  30years. 

Football eh....never get what you expect. Another bump on the road to the promised land!

Joel passed out before the game we had to wait for the Mrs,Rotherham security basically attacked me for taking him the wrong way,which was the way they told me.

13 minutes ago, jono said:

I’m just going to have to spend this evening reading everyone’s match reports  because I’ve almost nothing to say and will have to sulk, pout and whatever until Tuesday evening. 

Sounds as if a gritty organised side just out thought us. ?

Here's a quick match report for you mate:

First half -

They were the better team and just lumped it forward at every opportunity which kept seeming to catch us out. Keogh and Tomori did quite well to be fair to them, but it usually resulted in clearing it for a set piece or throw in and Rotherham looked dangerous from those because of how big their players are. We had a few chances, most of them long range efforts but we did test their keeper a few times. Carson made plenty of good saves throughout the game and other than their Ajayi, was probably the man of the match. Huddlestone was really poor, he's the best long range passer of a ball in this league and against a team who were sitting off allowing us time to pick a pass, he chose not to come short for the ball and left it all to the centre backs to deal with. 

Second half - 

You could tell it was getting quite nasty and Lawrence had already been involved in a few altercations with their players. He then puts in the most unnecessary challenge in on a player in their half when there's very little danger and deservedly saw red. The game continued to be quite nasty and it seemed every decision was going Rotherham's way, including the penalty decision which wasn't seen by the ref, but the linesman and which appeared very harsh. That and some other decisions soon after went against us so Lampard kicked off about it and was sent off. After the introduction of Bennett, him and Bogle caused them all sorts of problems down the right and both whipped in a number of dangerous crosses but no one could get on the end of them. We looked much better with 10 men and were on top, but unfortunately never really tested their keeper enough despite getting into many good positions. Marriott got a lot more game time today when coming off the bench but struggled up against Ajayi, just as Waghorn did in the first half. A big positive today was that Mount had a lot bigger impact on the game than normal (minus the goals or assists) which is what we've all been hoping to see. 

Overall, a poor performance but we were really up against it with the poor refereeing and the stupidity of Tom Lawrence. Good to see the fight we had even after the red, despite every decision going against us. Oh and I thought it was fantastic to see the fans there quite rightfully applauding the team at the end and continue to get behind them throughout the game, even when playing poorly and the ref making things difficult 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

In positive news, we’ve got an absolute star in Bogle. 

Vindication for putting him in my best XI in the summer!

Although I guess that's countered by Elsnik going out on loan. Even if I blame Mount for that. ? 

Is it me but are RD making too much out of our lack of discipline 

iv been fed up over the years if us being soft and lacklustre away from home 

at least we showed some passion and fight to try and make something happen 

I realise there’s ways of going about this, but as Robbie savage once said that pitch is a battlefield and Rotherham made it a battle and we reacted .... at least we reacted 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

I realise there’s ways of going about this, but as Robbie savage once said that pitch is a battlefield and Rotherham made it a battle and we reacted .... at least we reacted 

I’d rather just turn up and play teams off the park to be honest ?

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I don't think we did lack discipline.

Lawrence lacked discipline. Perhaps Lampard did too but in fairness to him there was a BARRAGE of Derby players getting booked for nothing in a short space of time that including an incredibly soft penalty and two hefty fouls on Derby players that didn't even result in yellows.

I sometimes question if those two are even watching the game. Just because a ref gives out 5 red cards doesn't mean all 5 of those players lacked discipline and deserved it, the ref CAN in fact be wrong.

EDIT: Clarification has been provided by RamsTV. Lampard got sent off for leaving the dugout technical area. So he didn't even really lose his call, he just took too many steps.

Rubbish performance by everyone  

petulant by Lawrence

stupid to get involved by Frank

thought the ref was as good as most refs in this league, he only really got one decision wrong and that was the penalty....and the linesman gave that. 

These are exactly the kind of games we should be using our superior technical ability and skill (supposedly) to blow teams away and not get dragged down to their level. 

And lastly...fair result, we got exactly what we deserved 

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Rubbish performance by everyone  

petulant by Lawrence

stupid to get involved by Frank

thought the ref was as good as most refs in this league, he only really got one decision wrong and that was the penalty....and the linesman gave that. 

These are exactly the kind of games we should be using our superior technical ability and skill (supposedly) to blow teams away and not get dragged down to their level. 

And lastly...fair result, we got exactly what we deserved 

^^^^^^ Spot on.

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Joel passed out before the game we had to wait for the Mrs,Rotherham security basically attacked me for taking him the wrong way,which was the way they told me.

Not liking the sound of this,  hope everything is ok now? 

Archived