v Rotherham United (A) Match Thread

rynny

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Duh. No, somehow i doubt whether the ref was listening to radio derby. I was referring to how it colours peoples opinions of the game. Ed was bellowing for a red card for tom. It wasn't worth a straight red.

decisions cost us one point. Our own short comings prevented us getting anything more. 

On to tuesday.

Duh. 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched the highlights I conclude that the following...

1/ TL challenge was idiotic/reckless but have seen only yellows given for that kind of challenge, but can’t argue with the Red card too much either.

2/ The penalty is one of the softest I’ve ever seen in my many years. 

3/ FL was out of order coming so far out of his technical area and deserved to be shown a red card.

4/ (Using (3/) as a reference) the Rotherham Manager also came way out of his TA during the TL red card melee so it’s double standards by the officials as to why he didn’t receive a red card for the same infringement.

5/ It’s another example of a team getting up in our grille and us having no response to strong arm tactics (we need to “MAN THE DUCK UP”)

44 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

1/ TL challenge was idiotic/reckless but have seen only yellows given for that kind of challenge, but can’t argue with the Red card too much either.

3/ FL was out of order coming so far out of his technical area and deserved to be shown a red card.

4/ (Using (3/) as a reference) the Rotherham Manager also came way out of his TA during the TL red card melee so it’s double standards by the officials as to why he didn’t receive a red card for the same infringement.

5/ It’s another example of a team getting up in our grille and us having no response to strong arm tactics (we need to “MAN THE DUCK UP”)

Spot on - on all points

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Agreed but in reality on a melee it wouldn't have mattered if both benches had come completely out their dugouts if the incident is next to them.

One thing which doesn't help at Rotherham is the benches are so far apart. Don't think any other ground has them that open. Makes it impossible for the fourth official to talk to the manager and also it opens up the lino to being closer to the management team throughout the game.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Agreed but in reality on a melee it wouldn't have mattered if both benches had come completely out their dugouts if the incident is next to them.

One thing which doesn't help at Rotherham is the benches are so far apart. Don't think any other ground has them that open. Makes it impossible for the fourth official to talk to the manager and also it opens up the lino to being closer to the management team throughout the game.

Pretty impossible for a 4th official at the best of times to be fair

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

But I also think that sometimes having too much choice can make life more difficult. 7 games in and I don’t think Frank knows his best eleven and this is symptomatic of making nine signings and trying to change too much too soon. Is it any surprise then that we have struggled for fluency and consistency?

Frank couldn't have known his best eleven before the signings have played could he? He is still finding out and this will take time. He shouldn't be criticised for this . He has been quite restrained in the way he has introduced some of them ( e.g. Marriott) and has also had to work with injuries that have disrupted his selection. Fans need to be much more patience and not be deluded by us happening to find ourselves in the top six. 

A dark day all round for all concerned. 

@coneheadjohnI hope you get a satisfactory closure on your awful experience. 

To the ‘fans’ throwing seats we need to identify these morons, name & shame and ban for the life they do not represent the majority of DCFC fans or the club. I hope the lady that got hit is ok this morning.

To the players & management it was a bad day on the pitch. We lost our discipline and to a certain extent bought the club into disrepute.

Lawrence is already in trouble, the manager soon will be as I expect the club to be also .... not controlling their players or fans etc

I will be surprised, and disappointed, if there isn’t a club statement anytime soon as no one came out of yesterday with any credit.

I always feel flat on a Sunday morning when the Rams have lost but this morning feels a whole lot worse.

7 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I had to make do with the Radio Derby commentary which was pretty frightening. As well as all the other observations, I think Ramage should back out of it a bit, because he waffles on and on and on and on until Ed Dawes interrupts him with detailed commentary when the opposition have the ball...

Ed Dawes and 'detailed commentary'?! ?

He screams a lot when the opposition get near our goal, but most of the time you can't tell what's happening, he's mostly too busy bigging himself up and being laddish with Ramage.

13 minutes ago, Gisby said:

A dark day all round for all concerned. 

@coneheadjohnI hope you get a satisfactory closure on your awful experience. 

To the ‘fans’ throwing seats we need to identify these morons, name & shame and ban for the life they do not represent the majority of DCFC fans or the club. I hope the lady that got hit is ok this morning.

To the players & management it was a bad day on the pitch. We lost our discipline and to a certain extent bought the club into disrepute.

Lawrence is already in trouble, the manager soon will be as I expect the club to be also .... not controlling their players or fans etc

I will be surprised, and disappointed, if there isn’t a club statement anytime soon as no one came out of yesterday with any credit.

I always feel flat on a Sunday morning when the Rams have lost but this morning feels a whole lot worse.

It’s a disgrace and we’re lucky in that we’d gone,well we were trying to go.

I couldn’t believe it when I heard what was going on.

7 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

It’s a disgrace and we’re lucky in that we’d gone,well we were trying to go.

I couldn’t believe it when I heard what was going on.

I agree, if I was the owner of Derby County I wouldn’t be feeling especially proud at the moment. 

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ed Dawes and 'detailed commentary'?! ?

He screams a lot when the opposition get near our goal, but most of the time you can't tell what's happening, he's mostly too busy bigging himself up and being laddish with Ramage.

Spot on.

at one point whilst listening i realised i had absolutely no idea what was happening.

Just watched the “highlights” on RamsTV. They showed Lampard being sent off but not the incident that led to his frustration, unless I missed it?

Having listened to the commentary and watched the highlights, it seems that some of the incidents described by radio Derby weren’t half as frightening as they sounded!

Lawrence’s attempted tackle was poor (for the sending off). It was obviously somewhat caused by frustration by his very poor free kick some 20 seconds before..

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

Just watched the “highlights” on RamsTV. They showed Lampard being sent off but not the incident that led to his frustration, unless I missed it?

Having listened to the commentary and watched the highlights, it seems that some of the incidents described by radio Derby weren’t half as frightening as they sounded!

Lawrence’s attempted tackle was poor (for the sending off). It was obviously somewhat caused by frustration by his very poor free kick some 20 seconds before..

I had an exchange with Colin Murray after Quest didn't show the Lampard incident either. With it being a "one-camera game" I think they missed the handball from Bogle's cross - or it's simply shocking editing by RamsTV. 

You're right Lawrence scissoring the guy from behind was all frustration and disappointment at his own poor free kick. I thought their penalty was interesting. Obviously the attacker could get nowhere near the ball, which Carson claimed comfortably, but it looked as if Fozzy lost his footing and pushed the forward in his attempt to stay up. Clumsy defending. Wouldn't normally be given, but you can see how it might have been.

1 hour ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

1976 if i remember rightly

Yeah I was there too. He got the winner in an uninspiring FA Cup 5th round tie. Nothing unusual in that though. Rioch used to kick the poo out of everybody. He was our ‘minder’. Great player though, with a mean left peg.

21 hours ago, RamNut said:

I assume you never saw Rioch.

he'd get sent off five times in one match now if thats the standard. ?

Indeed he probably would.

But Tom Lawrence made that challenge understanding that it wasn’t 1974. I think it would be pretty remarkable to make a challenge like that now and receive a yellow.

Archived