Baked Beans

Angry Ram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evil.

More so than any other veg I have previously described as such in the other thread.

I can't even open a tin without wanting to throw up from the smell. I was never a big fan but I put my pure hatred of veg down to being force-fed it at primary school. One incident in particular I was kept in all playtime and had baked beans spooned in by the sadistic dinner lady.

I still hate you, Mrs Hurst.

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Officially (according to the NHS) one of your five-a-day.

"Three heaped tablespoons of baked beans ... count as one portion", from https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/5-a-day-portion-sizes/

Mine are Heinz organic baked beans, so even better for me? 

Organic anything is infinitely better for us I believe. 

Yeah beans aren't bad actually...

Screenshot_20180913-175405_Chrome.thumb.jpg.102bbfe4b1fd40e3e59085773ce1b019.jpg

I always thought the sugar content of that sauce would be huge but it's not really.

Think I'll eat more beans now.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Evil.

More so than any other veg I have previously described as such in the other thread.

I can't even open a tin without wanting to throw up from the smell. I was never a big fan but I put my pure hatred of veg down to being force-fed it at primary school. One incident in particular I was kept in all playtime and had baked beans spooned in by the sadistic dinner lady.

I still hate you, Mrs Hurst.

I had a similar incident happen to me while at infant school. Forced to eat baked beans by the teacher on duty, on the second spoonful I was promptly sick over the teachers shoes and the canteen floor.

Even though it happened over 55 years ago the horrid taste of baked beans is still vivid in my memory. Never touched a bean since.

Same happened to me with liver at Reigate junior school in Mackworth, nearly 50 years ago. I hid it under my mashed potato and Mrs Kemp the dinner dragon lady sussed me and forced me to eat it, bitch. Never touched liver again.

I’ve got to agree with Angry though, Tesco own brand is a decent bean. ? 

Talking of school meals, did anyone ever get bollocked for eating with their knife and fork in the 'wrong' hands. I swear I remember someone coming round and checking.

I've always had my fork in the right hand, logically I'm using my stronger hand to hold down the food while cutting it with my left, and why would I want to lift my food to my mouth with my weaker hand?

13 minutes ago, Matt H said:

Talking of school meals, did anyone ever get bollocked for eating with their knife and fork in the 'wrong' hands. I swear I remember someone coming round and checking.

I've always had my fork in the right hand, logically I'm using my stronger hand to hold down the food while cutting it with my left, and why would I want to lift my food to my mouth with my weaker hand?

I have this same argument with people too. If you eat a dessert then you use your right hand(if you're right handed) to eat with the spoon therefore it's logical to use the fork the same way. Well it is to me anyway.

Archived