Baked Beans

Angry Ram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/09/2018 at 09:30, coneheadjohn said:

There can be only one!

I’m still recovering from the shock of Angry shopping at Tesco,has Waitrose shut down?

ZhZru3j.jpg

Went in there to see what it was like. Heard lots about it but Nah.. Not for us.

Some people had tattoos would you believe.

Those sausages are crap by the way.

I saw a lady do something with a tin of beans on This Morning yesterday with Eamon and Ruth, I couldn’t believe what daytime television has reduced itself to, suffice to say if I described it I’d be in bother.

It’s bound to be on their website if anyone can be arsed. 

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I saw a lady do something with a tin of beans on This Morning yesterday with Eamon and Ruth, I couldn’t believe what daytime television has reduced itself to, suffice to say if I described it I’d be in bother.

Saw something similar in Bangkok once... 

22 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Was it sticky vicky?

On 13/09/2018 at 19:40, Matt H said:

Talking of school meals, did anyone ever get bollocked for eating with their knife and fork in the 'wrong' hands. I swear I remember someone coming round and checking.

I've always had my fork in the right hand, logically I'm using my stronger hand to hold down the food while cutting it with my left, and why would I want to lift my food to my mouth with my weaker hand?

Always managed to avoid that particular potential faux pas.

But at Nightingale Juniors, we were constantly harangued to "Use your fork" when eating sponge pudding. Well, being the children of peasants, we had no experience of using a spoon and fork together, so we just ate with our spoons. Not good enough for the pink pinny Gestapo, "Use your fork, or you can't have pudding!"

Cue much head scratching and uneaten treacle sponge. To this day I can't eat me pudding without worrying about it.

On 13/09/2018 at 13:53, Wolfie said:

Evil.

More so than any other veg I have previously described as such in the other thread.

I can't even open a tin without wanting to throw up from the smell. I was never a big fan but I put my pure hatred of veg down to being force-fed it at primary school. One incident in particular I was kept in all playtime and had baked beans spooned in by the sadistic dinner lady.

I still hate you, Mrs Hurst.

They did that to my sister with lumpy birds Custard. Mrs Cundiff take a bow. Guessing she’s long departed now, used to slap your legs as well grumpy old bat. 

The weird thing is they didn’t make you eat jacket potato skins so anything I didn’t like got hidden under the hollowed out shell

I was a crafty little blighter at 4-3/4 .. well at least I thought so 

beans .. not my fav .. but a bit of Tabasco and grated melting cheese on top and I can manage em in an emergency 

Archived