Who is our best front three?

Bris Vegas

Who is our best front three?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m really struggling to choose our best front three so I’ve gone with the other option. Think this is a good thing really, you could make a legitimate case for the starting of any of our forwards really, and there’s some we haven’t even seen properly yet. Round legs in round holes I’d probably go with:

Josefzoon Waghorn Wilson

But then there’s the question of where does Lawrence fit in, Nugent has had a good start to the season too. It’s a nice problem for Lampard to have mind.

Impossible to say really as there hasn't been a consistent three starting in attack for us and almost everyone has staked a claim for a starting spot.

I think the option leading the poll is the most likely combination, although there isn't really a correct answer for which three are "best" together yet.

We have so many good options in attack now, it's really promising. To be able to start with Lawrence, Waghorn and Jozefzoon, and still have the option of bringing on Marriott, Bennett, Holmes, Wilson or Nugent is going to worry any side in this division.

I just used an online permutation calculator to highlight the strength of our current squad. I inputted the data (players: Bennett, Nuge, Waghorn, Marriott, Wilson, Lawrence, FloJo, Holmes) along with various conditions such as Marriot & Nuge can't play together and we need one of Bennett, Waghorn, Nuge or Marriott to always play. 

If my calculations are correct, we have over 7500 different combinations of front 3 players - which I'd imagine is the best in the league.

Lawrence    Bennett   Josefzoon

but for Rotherham  I'd go Holmes  Marriott  Josefzoon

Holmes and Marriott deserve a start, as does Bennett

This is way too difficult, I honestly believe that Holmes Bennett and Marriott can be

interchanged without any drop in effectiveness, so long as everyone is match fit

still not sure whether that's the same with midfield. After saying all that, Nugent for the first 45 lol

Archived