Who is our best front three?

Bris Vegas

Who is our best front three?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

I just used an online permutation calculator to highlight the strength of our current squad. I inputted the data (players: Bennett, Nuge, Waghorn, Marriott, Wilson, Lawrence, FloJo, Holmes) along with various conditions such as Marriot & Nuge can't play together and we need one of Bennett, Waghorn, Nuge or Marriott to always play. 

If my calculations are correct, we have over 7500 different combinations of front 3 players - which I'd imagine is the best in the league.

I'm disappointed you've not created a poll with these choices ?

Too early to say, still plenty of time to work out the best combo. You could make an argument for almost every one of our front players to start. It is great that we have good options, the only issue will be if we are still chopping and changing every game and none of the players can get a run of games.

10 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Lawrence    Bennett   Josefzoon

but for Rotherham  I'd go Holmes  Marriott  Josefzoon

Holmes and Marriott deserve a start, as does Bennett

This is way too difficult, I honestly believe that Holmes Bennett and Marriott can be

interchanged without any drop in effectiveness, so long as everyone is match fit

still not sure whether that's the same with midfield. After saying all that, Nugent for the first 45 lol

So, you are not really sure then!!!!

14 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Best thing is we could field two different front threes and both would be up there with the most dangerous in the championship.

Defence looking better and better, just need to sort out that midfield balance.

Well all being well - Davies, Bogle and Huddlestone will be back Satdee. Going to be tough decisions all over the park. I’ll stick my neck out and say Carson will start between the sticks!

53 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Best thing is we could field two different front threes and both would be up there with the most dangerous in the championship.

Or 3 even?

Lawrence   Nugent   Bennett

FloJo   Marriott   Wilson

Johnson   Waghorn   Holmes

Nugent's game will drop off I'm sure of it. Great professional but it was clear second half of last season that his legs had gone. I think we'll end up thinking we should have sold him in thr transfer window. Lawrence is a show pony and thinks he's better than what he actually is so wouldn't be in my three either. 

21 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

What do you think? Perhaps some other combination involving Bennett or Holmes?

It's a great question that feels impossible to answer. I've said I would consider playing Wilson with Mount in the forward midfield places, removing an option (that you'd forgotten about!). During the first Mac season it was the competition for places among our wide forwards that led to our vibrant attacking play, with everyone desperate to make an impact off the bench to grab the starting shirt. I feel we're in that place again. It was a sign of the tremendous competition that Marriott didn't even make the bench for the Hull game.

Archived