Super Frankie Lampard

Derby blood

well I have to start this thread, Frank is doing a great job not just with the wins he has achieved, but the way he goes about his job, he was a fantastic player, worked hard, great ability, and he was a winner, and believe me, he will be a great manager, excellent with the media, gives praise to his players, talks a lot of sense, great with the media, great with the fans, always giving us praise and starting the bounce after every win lol,  I can see Frank achieving great things as a manager 100 percent sure he will take us back to the premiership, and make us competitive once we get there, can see him managing at the top as well, he has something about him, which makes you like him, so glad he has come to Derby, could be the best manager we had since Mr Cox, looking forward to our future under Mr Lampard.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have said it before, the guy is a born winner & we are so lucky to have him. We are entering a special time in our history, one which we will all look back on with great memories. We need to savour the moment whilst we are in it. COYR. 

The reason I'm in this forum is 'cos of Frank. At Chelsea he was so well thought of that when he left, joined Man.City and scored against Chelsea , he was applauded by Chelsea fans. Don't forget Jody Morris. As head of the Chelsea Academy training his teams won almost every youth cup and league available, EVERY YEAR.

I'd agree that he is very likeable and that he may make a good manager. However, we have played four games against poor teams and narrowly won, and got hammered by the one good team we've played. We have the most gentle start to a campaign I can remember. If we get through the very difficult run of games from late October through to Christmas then I will really start to believe.

20 minutes ago, BrentW said:

The reason I'm in this forum is 'cos of Frank. At Chelsea he was so well thought of that when he left, joined Man.City and scored against Chelsea , he was applauded by Chelsea fans. Don't forget Jody Morris. As head of the Chelsea Academy training his teams won almost every youth cup and league available, EVERY YEAR.

Bit weird though, applauding an ex player scoring against you. 

I can understand the love and affection Chelsea fans have for Lampard, but on the pitch if he’s not on your side, he’s a rival. 

20 minutes ago, David said:

Bit weird though, applauding an ex player scoring against you. 

I can understand the love and affection Chelsea fans have for Lampard, but on the pitch if he’s not on your side, he’s a rival. 

Weren't there for the Mart Poom last minute winner then?

Winners in the dying minutes, gut busting runs and tackles in injury time. ? Attitude of mind ! regardless of the result he is transplanting that ethos in to the players. Think he’s a real manager. A few more games like yesterday and fear of FL’s DCFC will be like a goal head start . Winner written all over him.

7 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

We have 2 more points than we did after 6 games last season and we’d just drummed a better Hull side 5-0. We’ve only played 1 side who are currently in the top 12 (and lost heavily). We’ve also played 3 sides who are in the bottom 4.........just say.

It's not a simple as that, the first 3 games we were obviously getting to grips with the style of play frank wants so we weren't at our best. If you know anything about football, especially in this league anyone can beat anyone on the day whether your bottom or top. Look at the villa squad, on paper, one of the best teams in the league, got stuffed yesterday by sheff utd. Stoke are tipped to go straight back up, look at their start, Forest have spent big, where are they in the league at the moment?.

I think it's too soon to be thinking were going up and I'm not getting over excited but I'm liking the progression of this team and you can see little improvements in every game. 

I've said in another thread, I think it'll take most of this season for us to become the fluid team he wants and I still think another transfer window is needed. So if we don't get promoted, thats fine, it's work in progress.

17 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

We have 2 more points than we did after 6 games last season and we’d just drummed a better Hull side 5-0. We’ve only played 1 side who are currently in the top 12 (and lost heavily). We’ve also played 3 sides who are in the bottom 4.........just say.

I get the reality check part, I really do but as Derby fans we have suffered enough heartache in recent times. We deserve to get a little carried away sometimes. To put another spin on it, if the Gumps had accumulated the same points as us thus far then they'd be parading around their city in an open top bus today. COYR.

Archived