Super Frankie Lampard

Derby blood

17 minutes ago, David said:

You don’t face many top sides who are consistent in the Championship. You can go up without beating any of the top 6 sides.

Turning up against the “whipping boys” in the empty stadiums where it can be easy to roll up and think you’ve won before a ball is kicked is where sides drop points and ultimately fail.

Yes we have tougher games to come which we will drop points in, but it’s great to see us putting points on the board now against the teams that you would be looking at as winnable games on the fixture list.

Momentum and positivity going into the international break is not to be sniffed at.

Whilst I completely understand there are those amongst who try to give the rest of us a reality check every now & then I am surprised that there are some that appear to be just willing the team to tread on that banana skin just so they can start the ‘I told you so’ thread. I’m sure even the most blinkered amongst us realise there will be some bumps along the way but come on, what’s not to enjoy at the moment concerning everything about FL and the way he’s going about things??? Do we not all want the same thing for the club?? I myself am the most ‘glass half empty’ guy in civvy street but when it comes to the Rams my glass is always ‘half full’. Strange really!! COYR. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

We’ve had better winning streaks and momentum deeper into seasons than the current 4 wins we are on at the minute at quite a few points in the last 4/5 years. My point is during the 4 victories this season we haven’t looked anything like Wolves did last season when they ripped us apart in our first home game. If we looked like that I’d understand more the bandwagon threads. 

True, but I’m not seeing anyone saying we’re going to win the league, in fact most would probably agree that Leeds look a far better side at the minute and Boro under Pulis are looking very strong.

I doubt Frank even knows his best team yet, Marriott hasn’t had a sniff, injuries to Davies, Huddlestone and Evans but we’re picking up points and up on the tail of the top two.

It is important not to get carried away and think this is easy, 10 seasons in the Championship has shown us it’s anything but easy, but there is enough out there to be positive about and enjoy. 

Long way to go till May, think we can afford ourselves a cautious smile now and again. 4 wins on the bounce and a trip to Old Trafford in the cup, we’ve had worse times.

9 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Whilst I completely understand there are those amongst who try to give the rest of us a reality check every now & then I am surprised that there are some that appear to be just willing the team to tread on that banana skin just so they can start the ‘I told you so’ thread. I’m sure even the most blinkered amongst us realise there will be some bumps along the way but come on, what’s not to enjoy at the moment concerning everything about FL and the way he’s going about things??? Do we not all want the same thing for the club?? I myself am the most ‘glass half empty’ guy in civvy street but when it comes to the Rams my glass is always ‘half full’. Strange really!! COYR. 

That's fair enough and I was cheering as loud as the next Ram when we got our winner.

The reason I urge caution is so we don't come out with the Boo! Rubbish! posts when we lose games playing exactly the same way as the past few weeks.

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Another great interview with Frank after the match.

with some managers its all about them, and about their self-justification and interviews seem almost rehearsed or pre-prepared. If there was ever a situation that could be all about the manager then this is it. But thats not how he responds or conducts himself. He seems very genuine, honest, spontaneous and comfortable. He is very appreciative of the efforts of individuals and the team as a whole. He is almost too nice to be true. Maybe he's the good cop and jodie morris the bad cop but is a nice vibe at the moment. 

Of course it helps that we won. 

When we played man utd away last season, a supporter on the coach told me that he'd notice that rowett paid very little attention to the fans. Never mentioned the fans etc. I can't say that i'd really noticed. But at the final whistle i watched as growett marched off with summerfield in the direction of the tunnel, whereas i expected him to come across and pay tribute to 6000 travelling fans. Unless i missed something he did indeed seem rather aloof. I don't think Frank would make that mistake. Not because he selfishly wants to milk the applause, but more that he just seems to want to enjoy it, the same as we do.

Onwards and upwards.

UTR ???

Yeah I particularly like how he mentioned Bennett and Lawrence and the impact they had.

he then realised he’d missed out Fozzy and made a point of praising his contribution too.

Nice!

15 minutes ago, David said:

True, but I’m not seeing anyone saying we’re going to win the league, in fact most would probably agree that Leeds look a far better side at the minute and Boro under Pulis are looking very strong.

I doubt Frank even knows his best team yet, Marriott hasn’t had a sniff, injuries to Davies, Huddlestone and Evans and we’re picking up points and up on the tail of the top two.

It is important not to get carried away and think this is easy, 10 seasons in the Championship has shown us it’s anything but easy, but there is enough out there to be positive about and enjoy. 

Long way to go till May, think we can afford ourselves a cautious smile now and again. 4 wins on the bounce and a trip to Old Trafford in the cup, we’ve had worse times.

That’s a fair point, but a lot have also said Leeds will run out of legs. True folk aren’t posting “we’re going to win the league” but the happy clappers on here see 4 wins on the bounce and 4th as “Prem league here we come”. Sorry I’m just really cautious. When we’ve gone toe to toe and matched the likes of Leeds, Boro, wba, etc. I promise I will start a optimistic thread. 

6 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

That’s a fair point, but a lot have also said Leeds will run out of legs. True folk aren’t posting “we’re going to win the league” but the happy clappers on here see 4 wins on the bounce and 4th as “Prem league here we come”. Sorry I’m just really cautious. When we’ve gone toe to toe and matched the likes of Leeds, Boro, wba, etc. I promise I will start a optimistic thread. 

If ever there was a phrase that screamed out "Nothing that I say is worth reading - please put me on 'ignore'" when a poster uses it, then it's this one.

54 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

My problem with these types of bandwagon threads (of which they’re are 4 on page 1 of the forum) is they are kneejerk reactions.

I don't think the positivity is a knee jerk reaction when people can see the right approach being put in place. No one thinks we're tearing the league apart with the results so far, it's more about the potential if Frank carries on with the development he has already put in place. 

I had no expectation that we would be this far into a transformed squad and style so early into Frank's tenure. I thought we were going to be looking at a season of Frank struggling to get to grips with Rowett's team, with the significant changes maybe coming next summer. That he has already imposed his style and ethos, brought in exciting young players, and is getting improved performances out of new and old players alike, speaks volumes for his ability and vision. 

The Mason Bennett comment is significant for me, because that is a player I had genuinely given up on. Frank seems to be able to get the best out of people, and to motivate them to believe in themselves. No doubt he will be on a learning curve tactically, and will have to learn to deal with times when things don't go well, but that will come with experience. The qualities Frank already has can't be taught imo.  

11 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

You mean jump on the bandwagon. I don't recall any serious posts saying we're going to walk this league but if there are any then I'd take that view with a pinch of salt. Hate to be going to watch the Rams at PP with a pessimistic view like yours.

Up the optimists!

New song for Frank Lampard
(sung to the tune of Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer)

Never a boo for Frankie
There's never a boo for Frank
Cos no matter how bad we're playing
The other team is always (rhymes with Frank)
Never a boo for Lampard
There's never a boo for Lamps
Cos after all the years of moaning
We are going to be the champs

It's highly unusual that a new manager to a team - in fact a new manager to management would have such an instant impact.

What is encouraging is that things are only likely to get better as the tactics and understanding take shape.

The impressive start to the season allows Frank & Jody time to properly implement their ideas - then it's up to the players to buy in & perform.

12 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Reckon that there's a lot of credit due to jody morris too - the pair of them seem to make a really great team.

The way frank comes across he will always have a special place for us in his heart as and when he goes on to bigger things. 

Looking inspired by Mel ?

What? Bigger than the Rams? Stop being so silly.

3 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Pretty much what I was going to say.

It's an ok start, but 3 of the 4 teams we've beat are in the bottom 4.

Let's hope we can keep the momentum going when we face more difficult challenges.

Yes, but they're in the bottom three because we beat them.

17 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

I hear ya. Sense of entitlement is another

Our leporine poster seems to be expressing puzzlement. He's young - merely a leveret.

3 hours ago, archram said:

One of the reasons that the teams we played are near the bottom is because we beat them!

3 hours ago, archram said:

One of the reasons that the teams we played are near the bottom is because we beat them!

Playing devil's advocate, the alternative view is that only beat them because they are poor and most teams will take at least three points off them.

I've happy with Frank and have faith that he will be a success but let's not get carried away and review after we've played the likes of Middlesbrough, Sheffield United, Villa, West Brom, Bristol City etc.

Archived