Super Frankie Lampard

Derby blood

I just like fact that Frank is making (nearly) all of us feel good - the players, the fans, the staff.

There's a buzz around the place and we are attempting to play the right way.

@Derby blood is one of our most optimistic posters, I  know, but I am more than willing to be on the side of the optimists until I have actually got something to be down about.

I am finding it so much better than last season , looking forward to the football again and watching a blend of young and experienced players all trying their hardest for the manager. I don't think we got that last year. 

As for how fans will react when we hit a tough patch, I hope that they will be balanced. If they aren't,  then shame on them! 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lambchop said:

The Mason Bennett comment is significant for me, because that is a player I had genuinely given up on. Frank seems to be able to get the best out of people, and to motivate them to believe in themselves.   

Here's hoping he can restore GT to full glorious working order too.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I am finding it so much better than last season , looking forward to the football again and watching a blend of young and experienced players all trying their hardest for the manager. I don't think we got that last year. 

I wouldn't criticise the players for last season. I think they gave it their all. It wasn't their fault. 

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I wouldn't criticise the players for last season. I think they gave it their all. It wasn't their fault. 

I think I said after a few away matches last season that I really didn't think that some of the players believed in how they were being set up to play. Their body language was all wrong. I could be wrong but that's how it seemed to me. 

10 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I think at work last night sentimented it for me. I work with 4 F;rest fans, and the feeling and conversation being had was such a nice listen, with me just sitting there like a Cheshire Cat.

Up the Derby and may this continue 

What?! Are they not going to win the league now? But it's their seas......on. And they were European Champions twice just some thirty odd years ago. ?

1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

This ones for @eddie and all his disciples.

The song title is quite appropriate to the thread also. 

This is what the smart wrist-slasher (another term I hate, but used here just for your benefit) about town is using...

derby.jpg.a9d5e15da1858c5a2218c7a9674a2468.jpg

Been thinking about Frank and his management style. It seems everyone is wrapped up in the moment bar one or two mizgogs who'd probably have a moan if they one the lottery. I don't think any of us really believe we're going to storm the league so the reality checkers are really serving no function as it's the buzz that everyone is loving. After all, if you can't enjoy (and get a little carried away by) times like these, why would you follow a team in the first place? Listening to Frank talk about Mason was like hearing a fan chat after a good win. I think that's the hook as you get the impression that he's probably as open as that with the players themselves. I did ponder when the last time we had fans from other teams on the forum as a result of a managerial appointment - players, a few times but managers? Seems the Chelsea fans have adopted us as their second team - my lad and his mates are constantly texting to ask about Frank and the team in general and they're all watching the televised Derby games. It's nuts. Clearly the Frank buzz is extending way beyond Derbyshire borders and I for one am loving it. There'll be bumps in the road, I'm sure, but after the divisions caused by old Snakey, this really feels like a new beginning and a breath of fresh air. Long may it last. COYR

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Been thinking about Frank and his management style. It seems everyone is wrapped up in the moment bar one or two mizgogs who'd probably have a moan if they one the lottery. I don't think any of us really believe we're going to storm the league so the reality checkers are really serving no function as it's the buzz that everyone is loving. After all, if you can't enjoy (and get a little carried away by) times like these, why would you follow a team in the first place? Listening to Frank talk about Mason was like hearing a fan chat after a good win. I think that's the hook as you get the impression that he's probably as open as that with the players themselves. I did ponder when the last time we had fans from other teams on the forum as a result of a managerial appointment - players, a few times but managers? Seems the Chelsea fans have adopted us as their second team - my lad and his mates are constantly texting to ask about Frank and the team in general and they're all watching the televised Derby games. It's nuts. Clearly the Frank buzz is extending way beyond Derbyshire borders and I for one am loving it. There'll be bumps in the road, I'm sure, but after the divisions caused by old Snakey, this really feels like a new beginning and a breath of fresh air. Long may it last. COYR

Such a good post ?

the cliches have gone. He’s talking to us not from a script. It’s good at the moment, it wasn’t so good against Leeds .. but we are all on the same page. I just hope when we hit a rough patch we keep talking and don’t start slinging mud

yep ... COYR ??

4 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I don't think the positivity is a knee jerk reaction when people can see the right approach being put in place. No one thinks we're tearing the league apart with the results so far, it's more about the potential if Frank carries on with the development he has already put in place. 

I had no expectation that we would be this far into a transformed squad and style so early into Frank's tenure. I thought we were going to be looking at a season of Frank struggling to get to grips with Rowett's team, with the significant changes maybe coming next summer. That he has already imposed his style and ethos, brought in exciting young players, and is getting improved performances out of new and old players alike, speaks volumes for his ability and vision. 

The Mason Bennett comment is significant for me, because that is a player I had genuinely given up on. Frank seems to be able to get the best out of people, and to motivate them to believe in themselves. No doubt he will be on a learning curve tactically, and will have to learn to deal with times when things don't go well, but that will come with experience. The qualities Frank already has can't be taught imo.  

Ohhh I think I'm coming round to the new look forum. 

I would sometimes find myself siding on the other side of a social/political/pub debate with you @Lambchop....

But we are now concentrating on the things that matter....and I agree with every word. Couldn't have put it better. Wish I could give you two likes.

35 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Ohhh I think I'm coming round to the new look forum. 

I would sometimes find myself siding on the other side of a social/political/pub debate with you @Lambchop....

But we are now concentrating on the things that matter....and I agree with every word. Couldn't have put it better. Wish I could give you two likes.

B8DEA6A3-862C-4035-81F0-DF385D8AA694.jpeg

56 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Absolutely. I had a frozen moment inside the jelly room when I watched Frank say with a huge smile “I love Mason Bennett”. What a superb thing to say and then he remarked about the fans singing “he’s one of our own”....no cliches, totally natural, no “in the buildings”, “the reality is...” just sincere, open, honesty. So blinking refreshing, I love it. Well said Frank! 

20 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely. I had a frozen moment inside the jelly room when I watched Frank say with a huge smile “I love Mason Bennett”. What a superb thing to say and then he remarked about the fans singing “he’s one of our own”....no cliches, totally natural, no “in the buildings”, “the reality is...” just sincere, open, honesty. So blinking refreshing, I love it. Well said Frank! 

Do you think he's been surprised at how the club, fans and the city in general have taken to him? He clearly knew about the history side of things but I think he's loving his time in a properly football mad city. Watching him bouncing with the fans is something I'll remember for a long time no matter how things pan out.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Do you think he's been surprised at how the club, fans and the city in general have taken to him? He clearly knew about the history side of things but I think he's loving his time in a properly football mad city. Watching him bouncing with the fans is something I'll remember for a long time no matter how things pan out.

I think he's like everyone else.

They poll up in Derby with the best of intentions of furthering a career, then if they can last long enough they fall in love and never want to leave.

I can't wait for the Chelsea folk whinging when he turns them down to see us through our debut European campaign!

Agree with the OP sentiment, more than the points and the table it’s his sense of man management and self awareness. He knows the cameras are on him for who he is, and that him as a player consistently springs up, but in the media his focus is solely on Derby, his players, the fans etc and that speaks volumes. 

I thought Rowett spoke well, but 8-10 games in he just regurgitated the same cliches and had a smug air. This won’t happen with Frank, didn’t when he won Champions Leagues and won’t while he’s a coach - exciting times. 

From the first minute frank was linked with us I wanted him as our manager and I’m loving it , nope Its not based on some over the top dream state that we are going to walk the division it’s pure and simply the buzz he has brought ,the trust in youth ,the positive football the honesty ,the work and will to win ,, it’s infectious, my advice to the posters trying to point out the weaknesses ( and there are some ,there always is).   Just enjoy the now ,don’t be left looking back on the good bits with fondness and realising you didn’t know they were the good bits at the time

Archived